• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I thought Arsenal were doing well a few months back, and they were. But their lack of squad depth, lack of experience and lack of top manager badly let them down and it’s great times for it!!
Results were great
Their football was very marginal
1 goal wins but no goal scorers of note
Playing once a week
No injuries
As soon as that changed… the deck of cards crumbled

My son looked at ....nal mania and their fans are just as deluded a ours, they think they can win in EL with a reserve team, the arrogance of British football fans has no bounds.

I wonder if they now regret having the game called of because their tea lady had a bellyache, even a defeat back then would have given them the chance to re-group and try to get on track for a challenge, as we've seen they have lost belief and will have to change dramatically to have any hope now of get 3 points in their last game.

I wonder if they now regret having the game called of because their tea lady had a bellyache, even a defeat back then would have given them the chance to re-group and try to get on track for a challenge, as we've seen they have lost belief and will have to change dramatically to have any hope now of get 3 points in their last game.

Wouldn't surprise me if they win on Sunday, the pressure is off now, it's all back on us.
For all the gloating and criticism of them i think we need to remember that we've had a good few displays like they put in last night, one of them against arsenal.
Everything that I've seen mentioned that they lack in their squad we have, yet we are only two points in front of them, we're in no position to get complacent.

Wouldn't surprise me if they win on Sunday, the pressure is off now, it's all back on us.
For all the gloating and criticism of them i think we need to remember that we've had a good few displays like they put in last night, one of them against arsenal.
Everything that I've seen mentioned that they lack in their squad we have, yet we are only two points in front of them, we're in no position to get complacent.

I dont believe we should be complacent, far from it but I do believe we should have confidence in our team, I dont agree we have the same lack of experience that they have in key areas, they have no one like Kane or Son to look to for goals and our defence is far better than theirs as a unit. Only time will tell, but I still think there is massive pressure on them to win on Sunday in the hope we slip up, I'm sure their manager and fans expect a win and are hardly likely to have nonchalant attitude to the game.

I dont believe we should be complacent, far from it but I do believe we should have confidence in our team, I dont agree we have the same lack of experience that they have in key areas, they have no one like Kane or Son to look to for goals and our defence is far better than theirs as a unit. Only time will tell, but I still think there is massive pressure on them to win on Sunday in the hope we slip up, I'm sure their manager and fans expect a win and are hardly likely to have nonchalant attitude to the game.

That's what i'm saying, what they lack in terms of experience and goals we have in abundance, yet there's only 2 points between us.

We could do with Burnley matching or bettering Everton's result on Thursday, so that they need a result Sunday. Actually, an Everton draw and a Burnley loss will still do it.

Not to get complacent but they were really dogmuck last night and have been in this recent run. Bar the odd one off we have been excellent recently. We are the form side in the league since Conte came in, they are the scummers, I for one with revel in it :)

That's what i'm saying, what they lack in terms of experience and goals we have in abundance, yet there's only 2 points between us.

Fair enough they are project that is 3 years in we've had this manager for 6 months, if we had performed at our current level before he joined we would be at least 3rd in league. They gain 9 points from Chelsea, United and West Ham who were all a shadow of the form they have shown this year and it wasnt due to their play rather the lack lustre shows against them.

Not to get complacent but they were really dogmuck last night and have been in this recent run. Bar the odd one off we have been excellent recently. We are the form side in the league since Conte came in, they are the scummers, I for one with revel in it :)

Never said i wasn't enjoying it .
It's been coming for them, a slow gradual decline with important decisions being made for the wrong reasons.

"...dogmuck...".

Oooh. Liking that term very much. If you're the creator, I'd like to license use of it.

As if. I will definitely blag it, though.

View attachment 14074

I’ve never been so excited about an All or Nothing :D

Should be re-named Nowt and Nuffink.

So many so-called experts have prostrated themselves before this charade of a club. If life wasn't keeping me so busy with work, I'd research it and do up a name and shame list. I do know that Amy Lawrence at The Pathetic Athletic will never run out of gooners needing her virtual hugs.

Good old Perry Groves

Years ago I was about to tee off from the 1st at my local golf course
Up trots Pezza with his pals
Oi mate he says to me dad, we want to go before you and your son, don't you know who I am I should have priority
Yes says my dad, you're that Ginger Cnut from Arsenal so fudge off and wait you're turn

Back