• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

I do get a buzz out of things going our way....and heck, they've been going our way.

And the icing and cherry is on the flip side it's so not going their f cking way...pure misery for them.

Maybe we are finally seeing a season where a number of things have aligned in our favour, just enough to tip us into that upper tier. After so many instances of the wrong turn or ill fortune.

Timing of Nuno's sacking
Timing of Ole's sacking
Availability of Conte
Bergwijn vs Leicester
Kulusevski's rapid adaptation to the team and league.
Kane not getting injured
Arsenal's self-immolation

Maybe we are finally seeing a season where a number of things have aligned in our favour, just enough to tip us into that upper tier. After so many instances of the wrong turn or ill fortune.

Timing of Nuno's sacking
Timing of Ole's sacking
Availability of Conte
Bergwijn vs Leicester
Kulusevski's rapid adaptation to the team and league.
Kane not getting injured
Arsenal's self-immolation

Before the incoming sexy on Sunday, I’m trying to think of a time we’ve not really earned top 4 but given it through a choke and I can’t think of one, even in the CL final season we always had position but our form collapsed.

This would be the type of top 4 Arsenal made for years and paid off the stadium with.

It would be glorious and club changing for the near future

Saudi Sportswashing Machine looked a serious team last night and the graphic shown post game had them 4th in the table on points since Howe came in (one place behind us) I expect we will be competing with them next season to regain top 4

How many of them playing for and extended contract on oil money?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine looked a serious team last night and the graphic shown post game had them 4th in the table on points since Howe came in (one place behind us) I expect we will be competing with them next season to regain top 4
West ham, Man U and arsenal too. Feels like CL will be ever more important to maintain some competitive distance with the rest of the pack.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Obviously delighted with the result. But don’t like the way the media and a lot of fans are talking like it’s a done deal we are in the Champions League. There have been far far bigger shocks in football than Norwich beating Spurs. Obviously are confident we will win, but it only takes one rash decision - a red card, an own goal and the whole thing can change in an instant. And most importantly, we are Spurs:D….

Obviously delighted with the result. But don’t like the way the media and a lot of fans are talking like it’s a done deal we are in the Champions League. There have been far far bigger shocks in football than Norwich beating Spurs. Obviously are confident we will win, but it only takes one rash decision - a red card, an own goal and the whole thing can change in an instant. And most importantly, we are Spurs:D….

Absolutely this. I thought the way Neville and Carragher were talking after the game last night was pretty disgusting towards Norwich. They have probably done a great job of firing them up. Bellends.

We lost to the European version of Accrington this season, nothing is done

I agree. IF they spend their untold riches in the correct way they will be in the Top 6 for sure, probably replacing Arsenal and being as big as threat as a rejuvenated Manchester United

Looked a well coached team with some real quality in it. Will come down to consistency and how well they spend money in the summer I guess. I think it's overlooked at times just how poor some of the players Howe had at Bournemouth were. He's a good manager.

4th spot is straight into the groups I’m guessing?

Also the commentary on the game last night said that ending 5th next season could be enough for CL but I didn’t think the rule changes were coming in that quickly?

4th spot is straight into the groups I’m guessing?

Also the commentary on the game last night said that ending 5th next season could be enough for CL but I didn’t think the rule changes were coming in that quickly?

It is yes, but lets clinch it first.

2024 for the new CL rules I thought.

One more game for us not to lose. I don't think Norwich is more capable of beating us than ourselves.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk[/QUOTE

Time for me to play the Eyeore card (whilst @milo isn't watching!) whilst Carrow Road isnt a bogey ground for us its equally not been somewhere we've had as much joy as you'd imagine we would. We've only won 1 of the last 5 we've played there since 2012 and have lost twice. However, this is far and away the worst iteration of Norwich City we will have faced :cool:

Got to admit that we got incredibly lucky with 2 -in my eyes - soft pens in the last 2 games. BUT I don't care that we got lucky, the bad luck we have endured at times in the last 20 years had to get evened up eventually. Just have to trust that Conte's managerial nous gets us over the line. If the team get anxious and falls apart now, having taken a point at Anfield and 6 at the Lane, then we wouldn't deserve the CL. Trust Antonio to manage the situation, and trust the hunger and character of the players to deliver on the pitch.

Back