• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt le Tissier, Spurs fan

lurker of old

Wilson Palacios
Who knew that Le Tissier was a Spurs fan who idolised Hoddle? Not me...
There's an interesting interview with Le Tissier:

Says Venables tried to sign him in (I think) 1990 but the offer wasn't more than Southampton were paying him. He decided against and when his agent said Terry wanted to speak with him, he refused as he had made his mind up. Same when Glenn Hoddle tried to sigh him for Chelsea. Similar situation, he decided against and then refused to speak to Glenn. Both Terry and Glenn then became England managers...

Who knew that Le Tissier was a Spurs fan who idolised Hoddle? Not me...
There's an interesting interview with Le Tissier:

Says Venables tried to sign him in (I think) 1990 but the offer wasn't more than Southampton were paying him. He decided against and when his agent said Terry wanted to speak with him, he refused as he had made his mind up. Same when Glenn Hoddle tried to sigh him for Chelsea. Similar situation, he decided against and then refused to speak to Glenn. Both Terry and Glenn then became England managers...

He's sort of the one I think of when I hear "but how many trophies has he won?".

It's important but not the defining thing for a player. Le Tissier has none - Djimi Traore has a CL medal. John O'Shea has bundles of Premier League medals, Steven Gerrard has none. I'd still rather be Le Tissier or Gerrard than the other two. Trophies and medals are important but no the be all and end all that some people make them out to be.

And what a player Le Tissier was...

He's sort of the one I think of when I hear "but how many trophies has he won?".

It's important but not the defining thing for a player. Le Tissier has none - Djimi Traore has a CL medal. John O'Shea has bundles of Premier League medals, Steven Gerrard has none. I'd still rather be Le Tissier or Gerrard than the other two. Trophies and medals are important but no the be all and end all that some people make them out to be.

And what a player Le Tissier was...

I really feared Le Tiss when he played against us, he never had a bad game, I heard an ex Saints player say he was a terrible trainer and always had a MacDonld breakfast before the sessions, their tactic was give the ball to him everytime they could and hope something happened. I always see him as an unfulfilled talent who should have played on a bigger stage. He was probably happy just enjoying playing his own game rather than being part of robotic system.

Back