• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Anyone else as nervous and as full as anticipation for this evening as they are for one of our games?

Don't think I'll be able to watch it - i hate watching Woolwich at the best of times - usually just hearing their muggy fans going through their song list is enough for me to switch over. Anyway as @LutonSpurs will be aware the far bigger game tonight is Luton @ Huddersfield in the Championship play off SF!

I think Woolwich will probably have enough to win both games though not unthinkable that they could drop points in either or both.

I think if Everton are under pressure they will just crumble anyways so kind of hoping they can play with freedom, think it’s their best chance of getting a result

If Everton get safe on Thursday I think the energy will just drain out of them before Arsenal and they’ll be easier to beat. Your view makes a lot of sense too though.

Don't think I'll be able to watch it - i hate watching Woolwich at the best of times - usually just hearing their muggy fans going through their song list is enough for me to switch over. Anyway as @LutonSpurs will be aware the far bigger game tonight is Luton @ Huddersfield in the Championship play off SF!

I think Woolwich will probably have enough to win both games though not unthinkable that they could drop points in either or both.

Honestly, I dont see Saudi Sportswashing Machine being much of an issue later, it strikes me as a game that they will score early after we struggled through yesterday

Its an Eddie Howe team and unfortunately they are prone to bending over when you need a win. 4-0 to Arsenal incoming.

Honestly, I dont see Saudi Sportswashing Machine being much of an issue later, it strikes me as a game that they will score early after we struggled through yesterday

Sounds like their back four tonight will be soares, tomiyasu, xhaka, tavares. Also removes xhaka from midfield which further weakens them. Both white and gabriel missed training yesterday although that could be because arteta plans to wheel at least one of them out tonight.

Only player of note missing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine is shelvey I believe.

Sounds like their back four tonight will be soares, tomiyasu, xhaka, tavares. Also removes xhaka from midfield which further weakens them. Both white and gabriel missed training yesterday although that could be because arteta plans to wheel at least one of them out tonight.

Only player of note missing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine is shelvey I believe.

Well that reduces the 50% chance of Saudi Sportswashing Machine getting a red card.

I'd be surprised if White doesnt play this evening. If he was good enough to be on the bench on Thurs, he's surely good enough for say an hour tonight.

It would be a huge bonus for us if Gabriel is missing. Not because he's outstanding, but with Chris Wood and Callum Wilson you want bigger CBs and White is not that

Looking on Betfair, it would appear THFC is now favoured over the Arse to get fourth. I presume this is a function of THFC having points in the bag.

As an "emotional hedge" I have had a few quid on us failing to finish top four.

I've got €50 with two of my Dipper supporting mates that Woolwich won't get it. Placed the bet in January when one was saying, during the City game where they were 1 up, "Arsenal looking great. I could see them even overtaking Liverpool and Chelsea to get second". I scoffed and said they wouldn't even get top 4. We had 50 on it and another mate jumped on it.

At the time, I was fully expecting that Man U would be the most likely ones to stop Woolwich. Now it's us, I'm doubly invested.

Trying to pretend that I don't care about this evenings game but it's there, eating away at me.

As mentioned in the thread previously, could quite easily see the scum 0-2 up after 20 mins, may try and distract myself and not watch.
Don’t believe arsenal have won a game they have behind in - think it’s 9 defeats and a draw
So the first goal, as always is key

I'm double invested tonight, as I think I mentioned elsewhere my family on my dad's side are Geordies and my cousin is a season ticket holder. I'm hoping for a great atmosphere, I think it really got to them last week add an early goal for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and I think they may fold again. H'WAY THE LADS!!!

I'd be surprised if White doesnt play this evening. If he was good enough to be on the bench on Thurs, he's surely good enough for say an hour tonight.

It would be a huge bonus for us if Gabriel is missing. Not because he's outstanding, but with Chris Wood and Callum Wilson you want bigger CBs and White is not that
Even if White does play he is nowhere near 100% fit and Wilson/Wood could batter him
Gabriel has done his hamstring so if he plays it's quite a good chance of him doing it again

I just saw the highlights from Wolves Norwich and Pukki had so many chances it already had me a little worried

Back