• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

After this morning's match, I did sort of wish I could fly to Saudi Sportswashing Machine to buy pints en masse for the Geordie faithful ahead of tomorrow night's contest. Not that Jimmy Five Bellies and his mates need the calories or encouragement, so much as it would fulfill my own desperate desire to do something, anything, to help Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow night.

Thursday night is going to be interesting watching. If Leciester manage to win at Chelsea (not going to happen, because it benefits us), but if they did, Chelsea might well still go into the last day still needing a point for CL football.

Not bad considering the night they didnt bother v Arsenal, "It didnt matter to Chelsea because they have 3rd all wrapped up"

Think Sky might have to introduce the Red button on Sunday, they wont have enough channels, there is a chance 9 of the 10 games will have either the title, CL spot, EL Spot or final relegation place at stake

Can't shake the feeling that the Everton game will be 3 points in the bag for Arsenal. I know anything can happen in a game of football, even more so last day off the season with the pressure on.

Part of me wants Everton to need a point at least to be truly safe on the final day. They shown a tremendous ability to crumble under pressure or if faced with opportunity now. Resilience of room temperature butter. Wonder if being safe, shoulders down, "just" playing for the fans and for their future at the club could be better. Just let the pressure drop, let them do a thing. Just feels like the kind of season for them where if they need a point you can almost guarantee them not getting it.

So much of our hope hangs on the game tomorrow I think.

A Sunday night short horror story for your enjoyment.

Arsenal beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow, Everton lose midweek and Burnley win. Final day of the season, we're beating Norwich 5-0 and Burnley are also winning, making them safe. Arsenal vs Everton is 0-0, total deadlock from minute one with Everton happy as Leeds are also only drawing. In injury time Leeds score. Great news guys! Everton drop into the relegation zone so now they really have something to play for! As only a win will keep them up they throw Pickford up top in desperation at a corner and Xhaka scores from the halfway line. Arsenal win and take fourth.

PS: The Leeds goal was later ruled out by VAR.

I think the above tragedy can be avoided if Everton draw with Palace during the week. They'd then be two points ahead of Leeds with a much better goal difference going into the final day of the season, meaning that a draw against Arsenal will always be enough for them to be safe.

Think it all comes down to tomorrow. Not expecting anything from Everton. Hopefully Thursday was an indicator that the recent luck Arsenal have been getting is levelling off. Still wouldn’t be surprised if they nick a lucky 1-0 from a corner in stoppage time.

Think it all comes down to tomorrow. Not expecting anything from Everton. Hopefully Thursday was an indicator that the recent luck Arsenal have been getting is levelling off. Still wouldn’t be surprised if they nick a lucky 1-0 from a corner in stoppage time.

I wouldn't put all our eggs in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine basket. None of the results are a cert including ours against Norwich. Yeah we should both win our remaining games but football is never that straightforward. If it was, I'd be a millionaire and I've lost more than I've won at the bookies. If us and Woolwich won all the games we should, we'd be safe in the top 4 already. Everton have played a style recently that Arsenal won’t like. While Fat Frank won’t want to do us any favours, he’s very competitive and just avoiding relegation, if they do it Thursday, won’t be enough for him in itself. He’ll want to win.

There's a twist in the tail somewhere in my view, I just hope it's not us. Let's just beat Norwich and if we make it, great. If we don't, so be it. Well done Woolwich.

Whatever happens, I've had a great time supporting this club over the last 8 days. fudging Liverpool up with a great display, the incredible occasion, atmosphere and performance in the NLD and grinding it out today when it was fudging tough. I'm proud of our lads, probably as proud as I've been since the peak Poch years.

COYS, let's get the three points at Norwich and I'm betting we'll have CL football.

I think if Everton are under pressure they will just crumble anyways so kind of hoping they can play with freedom, think it’s their best chance of getting a result

I think if Everton are under pressure they will just crumble anyways so kind of hoping they can play with freedom, think it’s their best chance of getting a result

Dunno. They beat leicester and chelsea the last few weeks.

Back