• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley OMT ***

On the game, it was a tough watch but we did it and were comfortable bar two moments…Hugo’s save and the one off the post. Thought Hugo was flawless today and the back 5 were great. Bentancur was MOTM for me but didn’t seem to be moving well on the pitch during the lap of honour.

Special word for Emerson and Sanchez. Much maligned, often by me but they were absolutely brilliant today in my book. Defended really well.

Didn’t think we had a bad performance as such, it was just a really tough, tough game.

1 to go. And I’m not a praying man, but if you’re up there Alan Shearer, please let your boys do it tomorrow.

COYS

Its burnley, it was never going to be a classic game, take the points, erase the game from the memory and move on.

We have to win whilst playing with style every week. And Son and Kane have both have to either score or assist every game without let up or they’ve had bad game. Essentially they’ve got to carry us week in week out.

Do you have that on cut and paste?
The defence done their job today, clean sheet, and yet Sanchez and royal are getting stick.
People have opinions, they aren't all the same.

Do you have that on cut and paste?
The defence done their job today, clean sheet, and yet Sanchez and royal are getting stick.
People have opinions, they aren't all the same.

Royal was fine today. He’s not good enough going forward but everyone knows that.

Sanchez was fine too. He’s a terrible footballer and it was quite clear Burnley were more than ok with letting him have the ball rather than Dier and Davies.

Royal was fine today. He’s not good enough going forward but everyone knows that.

Sanchez was fine too. He’s a terrible footballer and it was quite clear Burnley were more than ok with letting him have the ball rather than Dier and Davies.

See its ok for you calk Sanchez a terrible footballer but if anybody doesn't cheer leader for harry and son they have an agenda, you can't see why people have an issue with that?
Son wasn't great today imho, in a difficult game against the backdrop of the quick turn around and the pressure of the occasion, then thats understandable. If we hadn't won today then it wouldn't have been on son, you win as a team and you lose as a team, i didn't think anyone stood out today, but then nobody was that bad either.

See its ok for you calk Sanchez a terrible footballer but if anybody doesn't cheer leader for harry and son they have an agenda, you can't see why people have an issue with that?
Son wasn't great today imho, in a difficult game against the backdrop of the quick turn around and the pressure of the occasion, then thats understandable. If we hadn't won today then it wouldn't have been on son, you win as a team and you lose as a team, i didn't think anyone stood out today, but then nobody was that bad either.

Sanchez is a terrible footballer. He’s awful on the ball. And he’s not as strong as someone his size should be. He’s ok as a defender but the game has moved on and CB’s need to be comfortable on the ball now. Burnley did their homework and were more than ok letting him have the ball without pressuring him.

Criticism of Son and Kane is fine, neither of them had a great game, I’d give them both a 6/10. It just gets grating people hanging it on them whenever we don’t score. We are over reliant on them for goals and creativity.

Largely agree with the sentiment that no one stood out today but no one as awful either.

Tough watch but job done. Never felt especially worries but there’s always that risk with us just having the one goal lead.
in fairness I’m still emotionally knackered after Thursday. Getting my voice back took long enough. Let’s not underestimate the players having to go out so soon and out in a shift. Especially with illness impacting some of the players. Job done. Over to Saudi Sportswashing Machine now.

Sanchez is a terrible footballer. He’s awful on the ball. And he’s not as strong as someone his size should be. He’s ok as a defender but the game has moved on and CB’s need to be comfortable on the ball now. Burnley did their homework and were more than ok letting him have the ball without pressuring him.

Criticism of Son and Kane is fine, neither of them had a great game, I’d give them both a 6/10. It just gets grating people hanging it on them whenever we don’t score. We are over reliant on them for goals and creativity.

Largely agree with the sentiment that no one stood out today but no one as awful either.

Thought we missed Romero today for the reason you mention. There were multiple instances where Snachez brought the ball out or could have done so, and where Romero would have been far more of a threat. Still, Sanchez is a squad player only and we're not likely to have a world class back-up

Back from the game, so haven't read through the previous pages, but if ever games of this sort cry out for an Eriksen type player who can find a pass against a packed defence...
Yup we struggled, Burnley or not, with any creativity through the middle.

Just watched Emirates Marketing Project vs Wham, set up exactly like Spurs vs Burnley. Except that Emirates Marketing Project were creating lots of pressure on the defence, penetrating right into the box including some brave dribbling and exchanges into a wall of players. Finally a draw but wow even I admire the determination of the Emirates Marketing Project players. So much more enjoyable than the spurs game.

How are we not dominating? Its fudging Burnley at home ffs, and we think we can rubb shoulders with PSG, Bayern, Madrid etc laughable. We have so far been dominated by Brentford, Brighton and now the second half against Burnley. A joke really.

We have, indeed, rubbed shoulders with that calibre of club AND failed to beat Burnley in previous seasons...

Arsenal have been far from convincing recently. Last week they needed a gift of a goal and Leeds going a man down and they still barely hung on. It’s the nature of being a team chasing top 4, all of the teams are inconsistent.
Their home win against Man U was beyond lucky. Beyond.

Sanchez and Kane. Won it for us with one incident.

Didn't see any relegation fighting spirit from Burnley, they are just bad and deserve to be where they are.

You dont work for BT Sport then. Hoddle and his mate made them sound like Brazil in the 2nd half

A win is a win at the end of the day but being more comfortable in the second half would have helped the nerves. We really need to stop panicking and handing over possession too much.

TBF we had all the excuses we wanted today, all the excuses of our recent opponents at least:

- Sickness
- Too many games too soon
- Burnley set up negative

All jokes aside, tough game, was always going to be, great to be through it....its over to you Arse...

Thought that was a decent enough performance. Nervy, struggled a bit to create chances, but decent. Remains quite obvious what we lack, even more so with a couple of players missing. But well done all around once again today.

Back