• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** The Tottenham vs Arsenal NLD Official Match Thread **

Buzzing for it. Just got to the airport and there’s a good few Spurs fans around here which is a decent effort given it’s a Thursday and they’ll have to stay over and take tomorrow off too. Got back off a work flight from Amsterdam at 10:30 last night but fudged off the last two days of a work conference for this. Boss wasn’t delighted but he’s a rugby fan so doesn’t get it.

It did strike me that if we win the rest of our games and they win their last two, that dropped point against Brighton will be crucial. No point worrying about it though, let’s show up tonight and do them. What happens after that happens.

Got to be the same team as the Dipper game but different tactics. A convincing win tonight could be huge mentally for us and for the impact it’ll have on them but I’ll take anything. Losing just doesn’t bear thinking about.

Agree. Time enough for the post-mortem if we miss out on 4th. We can look back in annoyance at Brighton, Southampton, Wolves as points being thrown away, as long as we're not looking back at this game in the same way.

Lamela did get sent off against them though...

There's a risk of that with Romero, but such is life, not worried about that. Though hope he doesn't pick up an early yellow as that would impact how he can play the game.
Balls. I completely forgot about that. Just read up about it and I remember now. The penalty that never was -- even the Gooner mate (one of the better ones) I was watching the game with reckoned they got lucky -- and then Lamela getting his marching orders for a pretty soft "elbow". VERY annoying match.

No doubt we will have to listen to Tyler and Smith with their pro-Arsenal commentary tonight...."Aaaaand it's live"

Really don't want another thing to add to the 'we won the League at brick Hart Lane' chants. Really frustrating that it's not in our hands even if we win tonight but what we do we HAVE to make sure that it's Champions League is not confirmed for them tonight.

The BBC have got their Arteta puff piece on their website today, how he’s rebuilt them, yada yada yada.

really hope they’re just being set up for a fall. if this is what the reporting is like already for a team that:
- spent the most money on transfers.
- had no European football.
- played barely 40 games all season so far.
- gamed the Covid system so much that the rules had to be changed to stop anyone else cheating in future.

and yet can only muster a challenge for 4th place, then imagine what it will be like if they do win?

Back