• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Or we could have played Arse on Wed. Either way, 2.5 days should be enough for a match fit pro to be ready in particular with the CL motivation

The risk really is recovering from any knocks
Don’t disagree but as I say, why are Burnley playing their game in hand a week after everyone else

I'm still a tad steaming that those nomads got the earlier fixture date postponed and we have to play them now, when they have good momentum going. Hopefully with the place rocking and Conte and the boys feeling good after the point at The Dippers we can smash 'em.

First 15 minutes we need to be all over the gooners. Put it right fudging up them and they crumble. Their run recently has been teams rolling over, we can absolutely do it if we put our foot on their throat and go for blood (as Conte says.)

Think the table will stay as it is regardless if we pump that lot on Thursday, think they'll go and do the job at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and at home vs. Everton, especially if Everton are safe.

Think the table will stay as it is regardless if we pump that lot on Thursday, think they'll go and do the job at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and at home vs. Everton, especially if Everton are safe.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be tough, they'll want to send their fans off with a good performance. We just need to focus on winning our next 2 games, then it's down to the final day.

A tale of two headers at the weekend. If only, PEH buries his and Leeds got a better contact on their last second chance. 4pts swing, ah well.

Think there are still quite possible outcomes where it comes down to Goal Difefrence

A NLD win, and draw v Burnley combined with an Arsenal defeat takes us level on the last day
or
All is not lost even if we draw the NLD. 2 wins for Spurs v Burnley/Norwich against 2 draws for Arsenal and its ours on GD

Neither scenario is beyond the realms of possibility right now, although I think we have to prepare ourselves for 5th. We can but try our best. Leave it all out there on the field on Thursday is all we can ask, no half-arsed performances. If they are better on the day, so be it

A tale of two headers at the weekend. If only, PEH buries his and Leeds got a better contact on their last second chance. 4pts swing, ah well.

Think there are still quite possible outcomes where it comes down to Goal Difefrence

A NLD win, and draw v Burnley combined with an Arsenal defeat takes us level on the last day
or
All is not lost even if we draw the NLD. 2 wins for Spurs v Burnley/Norwich against 2 draws for Arsenal and its ours on GD

Neither scenario is beyond the realms of possibility right now, although I think we have to prepare ourselves for 5th. We can but try our best. Leave it all out there on the field on Thursday is all we can ask, no half-arsed performances. If they are better on the day, so be it

It's impossible to predict. If I tried predicting our results and Woolwich's results over the last 6 weeks, I'd have gotten 60% to 70% wrong and so would most people. They should beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton but if they beat everyone they should beat, they'd have 4th sewn up. Same with us.

Surprise results happen and if I look at them over the last few weeks, they haven't been in any way convincing even in their wins. There's a good possibility they f**k up somewhere, I'm just not sure where.

All we can do is our bit. Win on Thursday night and then worry about Burnley and Norwich.

It's impossible to predict. If I tried predicting our results and Woolwich's results over the last 6 weeks, I'd have gotten 60% to 70% wrong and so would most people. They should beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton but if they beat everyone they should beat, they'd have 4th sewn up. Same with us.

Surprise results happen and if I look at them over the last few weeks, they haven't been in any way convincing even in their wins. There's a good possibility they f**k up somewhere, I'm just not sure where.

All we can do is our bit. Win on Thursday night and then worry about Burnley and Norwich.
The way I flip it around is (assuming they lose to us) would you back them to win 5 out of 6 games?

Geordies pretty positive they will win -
https://Saudi Sportswashing Machine...ine-united-vs-arsenal-160522-8pm-live-on-sky/
They have a bit of history with the goons...sure they would love to spoil their party.
Night game in a full house...

So if we qualify for CL, Conte's record isn't great and he will prioritise the league, and if we qualify for EL, same. CL will allow us to shop expensive players that historically have not worked out for us, and EL we will be buying up and coming players who have been good for us. Only downside to not getting CL, is potentially losing Kane? The goons are definitely not ready for CL, and it will only hamper there league form, as it probably will ours too.
So, I'd rather we do qualify for CL, but I'm not sure it's the be all and end all.

So if we qualify for CL, Conte's record isn't great and he will prioritise the league, and if we qualify for EL, same. CL will allow us to shop expensive players that historically have not worked out for us, and EL we will be buying up and coming players who have been good for us. Only downside to not getting CL, is potentially losing Kane? The goons are definitely not ready for CL, and it will only hamper there league form, as it probably will ours too.
So, I'd rather we do qualify for CL, but I'm not sure it's the be all and end all.

Agree with this entirely. Obviously 4th would be great but 5th is far better than I was expecting pre season. I still don't feel we have the 5th best team/squad but our few stars and an elite manager have got us there. Maybe without the pressure of performing in the CL and a few more astute signings we could really kick on in the league next season.

Back