• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Just finished that Jimmy Savile two part doc on Netflix . Horrific. How on earth was he allowed to do what he did . He had free roam of Broadmoor hospital such strange stuff.

Looking back on all the footage there’s loads of Red flags that should have set alarm bells ringing.

Watched it too today, and seriously WTF. As a Norwegian I had no idea about the backstory - just knew he was a pedophile TV personality - but that was shocking.

Like you say, so many red flags, but then again this was a different era. Kids were less protected from sexual abuse and Savile's absurd celebrity status and connections would probably contribute to the silence surrounding his crimes.

It would also be so much harder for the abused kids back then to come forward, not having any way of knowing the true extent of the abuse. It's no coincidence the internet triggered the revelations, so to speak.

I hope I'm right thinking this would not happen at that scale and in this way today. Poor, poor kids.

Watched it too today, and seriously WTF. As a Norwegian I had no idea about the backstory - just knew he was a pedophile TV personality - but that was shocking.

Like you say, so many red flags, but then again this was a different era. Kids were less protected from sexual abuse and Savile's absurd celebrity status and connections would probably contribute to the silence surrounding his crimes.

It would also be so much harder for the abused kids back then to come forward, not having any way of knowing the true extent of the abuse. It's no coincidence the internet triggered the revelations, so to speak.

I hope I'm right thinking this would not happen at that scale and in this way today. Poor, poor kids.

Was a scary watch . At times felt like he was telling you what he was up to. To think Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris were at it to. 70s and 80s were grim for it.

Don’t think It would happen on that scale now by a top celebrity. Then again the worlds a bricky place .

Was a scary watch . At times felt like he was telling you what he was up to. To think Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris were at it to. 70s and 80s were grim for it.

Don’t think It would happen on that scale now by a top celebrity. Then again the worlds a bricky place .

Some of those old quotes are at the very least extremely tasteless, but in context they are damning. It was probably a bit of a perfect storm moment back then too, with the emergence of TV and a whole different celebrity culture - that kind of celebrity status became an arena for abusers, and no one probably saw it coming.

I'm sure there are people who use their celebrity status to abuse others and get away with it today, but not like back then. Not seemingly as organised, at least.

All those rumours though; it was strange no journalist managed to dig up at least one or two abuse cases from the places he frequented. Or perhaps it just seemed too far off at the time.

All those rumours though; it was strange no journalist managed to dig up at least one or two abuse cases from the places he frequented. Or perhaps it just seemed too far off at the time.

This is the worse bit . Some people must have known and done nothing about it. To think Surrey police had him before he died but dropped the case.

The other bit that was really strange was the girl in hospital bad who portrayed him as a devil in a drawing. She’s says something damming to on TV that alone should have rang serious bells.

was a good doc about a horrific figure.

This is the worse bit . Some people must have known and done nothing about it. To think Surrey police had him before he died but dropped the case.

The other bit that was really strange was the girl in hospital bad who portrayed him as a devil in a drawing. She’s says something damming to on TV that alone should have rang serious bells.

was a good doc about a horrific figure.

Yeah that drawing thing was just strange...and there must have been doctors or nurses raising questions or hearing things too. Also the BBC canceling the documentary doesn't exactly reflect well on them.

So much wrong.

I'm just going to say it again, just in case someone missed it the first time.

'How to with John Wilson' on HBO is incredible.

Best thing I've seen for ages and ages.

At least, possibly even 3 or 4, they tend to double up and record two episodes a day with the same audience
Oh, we've been told it could be three episodes filmed in a day. Just timings haven't been confirmed yet. Preparing for a lot of waiting around and unglamorous shuffling.

Oh, we've been told it could be three episodes filmed in a day. Just timings haven't been confirmed yet. Preparing for a lot of waiting around and unglamorous shuffling.

Yes, but as you are a contestant you should be well looked after with drinks and food.

Its the audience that get treated like cattle.

Back