• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs The Worlds Biggest Ashthmatics ***

Oh and no goal for Salah. Would love Sonny to snatch the Golden Boot off him. I think should we get any penalties in the last 2 games Sonny should take them. Kane can take any v Arsenal...unless we are 3-0 up

A draw isn’t enough. A Liverpool supporter that I know said Spurs were negative and that we played for a draw. I don’t think he’s completely wrong but not completely right either.

I think the idea that any opponent can go to Anfield and be attacking is naive. I think Liverpool have proven themselves to be one of the best teams in Europe. That we have come away unbeaten shows we achieved something. However I also think perhaps tonight was the chance to gamble.

If in the unlikely event we had won, then we would be able to beat Arsenal, at least matching their other results and finished top 4. As it is, top 4 is in Arsenal’s hands and a draw is no better than if we had lost. So should we have gambled?[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from. Due to our superior GD we were more or less in the same boat win or draw, i.e Top 4 out of our hands, but as mentioned there are result scenarios where that point today could prove vital. We are not going to know just yet

So should we have gambled?

No. I agree that a draw only makes a difference in some circumstances. Say we take 7 points from our last 3 including beating them, and they also lose at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Then this point gives us 4th

I'm also not sure what a gamble would have been - take off a CB and bring on Moura? Would have been suicidal in my view

The point tonight gives us belief and helps in some situations. If we dont get 4th, tonight isnt when we lost it

A draw isn’t enough. A Liverpool supporter that I know said Spurs were negative and that we played for a draw. I don’t think he’s completely wrong but not completely right either.

I think the idea that any opponent can go to Anfield and be attacking is naive. I think Liverpool have proven themselves to be one of the best teams in Europe. That we have come away unbeaten shows we achieved something. However I also think perhaps tonight was the chance to gamble.

If in the unlikely event we had won, then we would be able to beat Arsenal, at least matching their other results and finished top 4. As it is, top 4 is in Arsenal’s hands and a draw is no better than if we had lost. So should we have gambled?

If we went and attacked, we'd have been murdered. Conte played the right tactics to win the game. Remember, we had the 4-5 best chances of the game as I recall them.

It was very clear what we were at. We went backwards and played short for one reason - to draw the press and hit them in the space they leave.

Great tactics from Conte. We didn't have to gamble. We did enough to win that game and they didn't. For all their possession, they didn't create one good chance.

Whats that got to do with anything? What a kn@b. From the position we were in a few months back I would say even 5th is good achievement, I think it was after the Soton and Wolves home defeats I had us looking at 9th or 10th
Think he was just trying to belittle us, trying to say we should have come at them more even though we had the better chances.

If in the unlikely event we had won, then we would be able to beat Arsenal, at least matching their other results and finished top 4. As it is, top 4 is in Arsenal’s hands and a draw is no better than if we had lost. So should we have gambled?
gonad*s we were negative, we used the best tactics to beat those clams, draw them on and then use the space in behind and we should have won. It was the same with City.
If that prick Klopp doesn't want teams to do that then stop pressing like maniacs or stop the asthmatic drugs so they can't.

Thats all we can do now.

Leeds will be fighting for their lives tomorrow (But so will Burnley next week)
Providing we do our bit on Thursday i really think the match at Saudi Sportswashing Machine is our biggest hope for an upset. I could live with drawing with Burnley if Arsenal slip up the next day.
Even Everton on the last day wont be easy. I still think Everton are going to go into the last needing a point to guarantee safety
Everton won't be easy if they arent already safe but I think they probably will be.

Everton won't be easy if they arent already safe but I think they probably will be.

Need a positive reaction from Leicester. Ideally need them to be going into the last day on 40pts and Burnley on 37pts (with a win at Villa....)

By the way. Soton finish with City(h) and Leicester (a). I think they could be in the mix on the last day. I am going for something this on the morning before kick-off on the last day
Soton 40 -23 GS 61
Everton 40 -23 GS 61
Leeds 38 -33
Burnley 37 -16

Levy slumming it with the fans today?

Yeah hes a toe rag why cant we have a gangster or a despot, even a prat like the bloke at Charlton playing his guitar on the pitch. Even when we get a good result the same old bitterness has to surface. If I hate someone a much as some I wouldnt put any money in his pocket, boycott the club really hurt him.

Wow, bt sport painting this as a negative for us!!
I didn't watch BT; how on earth did they manage to do that when I can only imagine all the pre-game stuff was about the Anfield magic, the run of victories, the inevitability of another glorious Liverpool triumph etc etc?

I'm drunk, didn't see the game - looking at the highlights now, and Arnold's throw before their goal isn't right, should've been called off. Doesn't throw it right. fudge off, Arnold.

And you know, you have to say - a goal like this. Conceding it, you just can't really blame anyone. Football is football. We're doing all the right things, yet there's a deflection and what can you do.

Back