• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It's crazy how hard some political fractions fight for the unborn child's right to live, yet also fight so hard to deny that same child affordable access to education, health care and housing after it's born.

whatever-shrug.gif

Lots of people now going to be loudly unhappy that suddenly a load of babies aren't going to be killed.

As Robbo says above, the onus should now be on ensuring that the saved lives are given opportunity to flourish.

Absolutely fudging disgusting decision.

A prime example for anyone doubting my opinion that religion is evil and damaging to society.

I am very, very glad that I'm neither American nor trying to raise a daughter.

How was your trip? Different vibe to previous times you’ve been over or BAU for the most part?

How was your trip? Different vibe to previous times you’ve been over or BAU for the most part?
This was an unusual one.

We were in Florida as some friends are trying to buy a farm. So we had some beach time, some fishing with my eldest and even some theme parks with the kids.

Quite the mix.

There are some choices that really should be up to the individual alone and everyone else should respect, abortion is one of them.

Abortion won't be banned nationwide, it will be up to the different states. California are already working on the necessary laws to protect abortion rights.

It's another step on the path to the not so united states. The southern and central states will not only ban abortion, but you can forget about gay marriage or learning about evolution in school. You probably won't learn much at all in school except what's in the bible and the constitution. The more progressive coastal states will obviously keep moving in the opposite direction. Unless the democrats permanently flip some red states AND use their powers for good, I think the US as we know it will end.

Such a weird place, love going there on holiday but could never live there. For such a wealthy country it's insane how badly people are treated, must be the only major country in the world with no maternity leave, most of them are back at work within 2-3 months.

I just don't get the whole abortion debate, even countries like Ireland are now more liberal on it but the US seems to get more backwards with age.

Lots of people now going to be loudly unhappy that suddenly a load of babies aren't going to be killed.

As Robbo says above, the onus should now be on ensuring that the saved lives are given opportunity to flourish.

The reason for that is it is disgraceful that religion (in this case the far Christian Right aka Christian Extremists) are directly interfering in both freedom of choice and women's rights. If you think either are not deserving of severe response and fighting, then I think you're bang out of order personally. FWIW your narrative here (babies being killed) is about as disingenuous as it is possible to be in this scenario. As for 'ensuring saved lives are given a chance to flourish'? If you think that is remotely going to be a focus, I would politely suggest you are naive. This is a nation whose homeless problem is already rapidly increasing...

Hoping and wanting it to be a focus is not the same as believing it will be. I'm not quite that naive.
I quite understand why you'd like to cast my viewpoint as disingenuous. I'm sure it's necessary to make such thought leaps to avoid seeing yourself as a supporter of death. Women's rights: I'm totally on board with. I start to shift my opinion when the issue is no longer solely about women's rights but there's another person to factor in. And one that has no voice and is all too easily murdered for convenience.
I don't expect you to change your strongly held belief, in the same way that I won't change mine. But I'd figured I may as well comment a couple of times so that you're aware that the retrograde type of belief is definitely held on here as well as broadly in the USA. Lest you think you're in some echo-chamber :)

Back