• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 21/22

Disagree. Real Madrid know how to win CL finals. City don't, and City don't have a great record vs Liverpool.
Hope you are right mate. Because I really will struggle to want Chelsea to win the FA cup! Hopefully City win the league after Liverpool drop points against us:)

Yeah it is hilarious. Was watching it on Irish tv so missed the BT love in. I did chuckle at the bbc website though. No shortage of “this is why we have the best league in the world” and “it’s great to see these two great English teams in the final” type of texts.

I have a City supporting mate who I feel a bit sorry for. He’s been there to League 1 and back and he’s gutted. But I’m mainly disappointed as I think this makes it easier for Liverpool. Still, as you say, it’s funny. If we did what City did tonight, we’d get destroyed by everyone.
After 5/6 PL title wins since the sheikh took over I find it hard to sympathise with City fans Deano.

After 5/6 PL title wins since the sheikh took over I find it hard to sympathise with City fans Deano.

Haha fair point. Don’t feel sorry for City in the slightest or most of their fans. But my mate is a proper football fan and was just as fanatical when they were playing Gillingham and Rotherham. In fact, he’s probably lost a bit of love for City since they got taken over. He’s not a clam about their success like my Dipper supporting mates are about theirs.

Still though, you’re probably right. fudge them.

I’m delighted city are out. Their fans hate us and it’s the one competition they are desperate to win but money can’t buy. They have utterly failed in that competition, Chelsea have won it twice in the sheikh mansour era, Liverpool have won it once, even spurs have reached the same number of finals as city.

As for the final, Liverpool are the better team but Real have a knack of winning this competition even when they’re clearly not the best team. They won it 4 years out of 5 just by getting the job done, they weren’t the best team in Europe in the 4 years they won it, I think one year they even finished 3rd in La Liga.

One major positive of last night is that we do not now get to see Pep doing his Mr Clever-clever act in the final against Liverpool, making some nonsensical tactical switch-up, and then allowing the Scouse to stroll to a victory.

I do rate him highly but he makes some daft decisions. Against us, I couldn't believe how defensive he was in the first leg. Think he played two holding mids. And in the second leg, he went all out attack from the off which was nuts too. They only needed to win the game by a goal or 2 and we have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot. If he'd played a normal game until the 60th or 70th minute, I'm convinced we'd probably have been beaten. If they were still behind at that point, that was the time to go all out.

Even last week, when they got a couple ahead, they had no idea how to shut up shop.

I admire his principles but some of his decision making is too clever for its own good.

I do rate him highly but he makes some daft decisions. Against us, I couldn't believe how defensive he was in the first leg. Think he played two holding mids. And in the second leg, he went all out attack from the off which was nuts too. They only needed to win the game by a goal or 2 and we have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot. If he'd played a normal game until the 60th or 70th minute, I'm convinced we'd probably have been beaten. If they were still behind at that point, that was the time to go all out.

Even last week, when they got a couple ahead, they had no idea how to shut up shop.

I admire his principles but some of his decision making is too clever for its own good.
He is obviously a top coach. But I can’t stand him. After a game he constantly praises teams who he spanks, but when he loses and a team shows they can actually defend against him multi million pound forward line he always complains about that team being anti football or parking the bus etc Basically complaining because the opposition doesn’t just bend over for him….

City are the best at what they do but they lack the plan B. Guardiola is a bit like Wenger in that a plan B is an unacceptable philosophical change.

Imagine if instead of switching Foden to centre and Jesus to the left and bringing Grealish on he'd had a proper striker. They created plenty of chances to win the tie by a mile. If Guardiola signs Haaland, he'll probably convert him into an attacking midfielder.

It's particularly annoying that his targeting Grealish over Kane messed up our preparation for this season. While we kept Kane at least for this season the poor start could hurt us. I suppose I'll feel more grateful to Guardiola if Kane decides to sign a new contract.

Last edited:
Back