• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

I had hopes of Wet Spam at the very least getting a draw, but the way it is now, looks like we're going to need something at Liverpool and win the NLD, as well as hope for a Scum fudgeup. Oh, well, it's definitely possible.

I've said it before - I actually think a very likely scenario is us getting a good result at Anfield, and then throwing it away in one of the "easier" fixtures. Would be typical Spurs.

I had hopes of Wet Spam at the very least getting a draw, but the way it is now, looks like we're going to need something at Liverpool and win the NLD, as well as hope for a Scum fudgeup. Oh, well, it's definitely possible.
We always had to win the NLD, I don’t think we NEED anything at Liverpool, a point is a bonus. Win the NLD, Burnley and Norwich then I think it’s enough. Goons won’t win all of Everton, Leeds and away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, these teams actually need to get something unlike Chelsea, Utd and West Ham

We always had to win the NLD, I don’t think we NEED anything at Liverpool, a point is a bonus. Win the NLD, Burnley and Norwich then I think it’s enough. Goons won’t win all of Everton, Leeds and away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, these teams actually need to get something unlike Chelsea, Utd and West Ham

Yep, Liverpool away is a free hit

I think if we don’t get champions league football this season and the goons do, i’m afraid they may then take that next step up a level and leave us behind. They will invest and their young players will only get better.

I think if we don’t get champions league football this season and the goons do, i’m afraid they may then take that next step up a level and leave us behind. They will invest and their young players will only get better.
They need to invest regardless
There losing the forwards they have on a free and there midfield and full backs are weak in quantity

Some of their fans are bricking it at the prospect of this Arsenal side getting spanked every week in the CL. I know it sounds crazy and of course they're not gonna turn down the chance/money etc of being in the CL again but I've heard a few of them worrying that they won't spend enough to strengthen and will be screwed playing more big games twice a week with this current crop

Yeah, you're probably right, I actually haven't spent too much time thinking over the last few fixtures, but that makes sense. Sure hope you're right, and that we manage to win the NLD and the other two. :)

Hope you're right but Leeds lost Cooper and Dallas this weekend, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have nothing to play for and Everton are sh!te away from home (we beat them 5-0 ffs). Their only hard game is us and that depends on which Spurs turn up. Not optimistic but at least it won't be the Vanarama Conference.

Some of their fans are bricking it at the prospect of this Arsenal side getting spanked every week in the CL. I know it sounds crazy and of course they're not gonna turn down the chance/money etc of being in the CL again but I've heard a few of them worrying that they won't spend enough to strengthen and will be screwed playing more big games twice a week with this current crop
They will be surprised, I think Arsenal is starting their own poch-era with a new generation of young talents who play for each other.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away on a Monday night is a tough ask. Even more so if we beat Arsenal on the Thursday night and then back it up against Burnley on the Sunday. Pressure will be right on, and St James' Park is rocking these days. Arsenal win that and they get 4th.

Last edited:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine away on a Monday night is a tough ask. Even more so if we beat Arsenal on the Thursday night and then back it up against Burnley on the Sunday. Pressure will be right on, and St James' Park is rocking these days. Arsenal win that and they get 4th.
I think L'Arse will drop points. I HOPE that Leeds are up for it against, and perhaps Everton (with Dele grabbing the vital goal). Poocastle might sneak a draw, but I'm less hopeful about them.

Think Leeds can cause them real problems too. But it's definitely a possibility that they win both and the Everton game.

Won't have the benefit of knowing how the Arsenal - Leeds game goes before we play Liverpool. Can't quite shake the feeling that we might have to bring back at least a point from Anfield, but this race still has twists and turns in it for sure. Will be really difficult, but at least we're back to winning ways.

Think Leeds can cause them real problems too. But it's definitely a possibility that they win both and the Everton game.

Won't have the benefit of knowing how the Arsenal - Leeds game goes before we play Liverpool. Can't quite shake the feeling that we might have to bring back at least a point from Anfield, but this race still has twists and turns in it for sure. Will be really difficult, but at least we're back to winning ways.

Liverpool is a write-off in my mind and as long as we win the others, I dont think we need it

My biggest concern about the run-in is Burnley 2.5 days after the NLD, especially if they need a point rather than even try to leave their half

Funny though that West Ham and Chelsea always "need" to get something when they play us.

Chelsea are so flaky...I'd back anyone, with a real tangible motivation to beat them, though at this stage of the season and with their fixtures that doesnt really impact us now.

If you assume Anfield is a write-off next week it obviously leaves us absolute no wriggle room. Worst case scenario is Woolwich securing 4th spot by winning against us. I'm a bit concerned about Burnley at home - they've already got draws at Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham this season and have improved since those games.

Liverpool is a write-off in my mind and as long as we win the others, I dont think we need it

My biggest concern about the run-in is Burnley 2.5 days after the NLD, especially if they need a point rather than even try to leave their half

Yep as I pointed out before, the people who decide the fixtures kick off days/times have conspired to condense the fixtures with pool, anal and burnley as closely together as humanly possible. Not just days but look at the actual kick off times too. Kick off times that also just so happen to be virtually never used this season.

Its as if they asked arteta what should they do with these three games for tottenham to make you happy.

Yep as I pointed out before, the people who decide the fixtures kick off days/times have conspired to condense the fixtures with pool, anal and burnley as closely together as humanly possible. Not just days but look at the actual kick off times too. Kick off times that also just so happen to be virtually never used this season.

Its as if they asked arteta what should they do with these three games for tottenham to make you happy.

Can't really complain about the Saturday night Liverpool game as Arsenal are playing on Sunday.... But the noon kick off against Burnley is a fudging joke considering we play the Thursday night before. Whereas the goons get the Monday night slot. A full day and a half extra recovery time before they go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Oh and Burnley have a nice free week to prepare for our game too.

I'm sure these things have worked in our favour at times this season but it does tinkle you off when it's crunch time.

Can't really complain about the Saturday night Liverpool game as Arsenal are playing on Sunday.... But the noon kick off against Burnley is a fudging joke considering we play the Thursday night before. Whereas the goons get the Monday night slot. A full day and a half extra recovery time before they go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Oh and Burnley have a nice free week to prepare for our game too.

I'm sure these things have worked in our favour at times this season but it does tinkle you off when it's crunch time.

Its been outright manipulated mate.

They couldn’t put our game at pool on sunday because pool play on the tuesday afterwards, so what should have happened is we play pool at 12.45pm or 5.30pm, the two alternative kick off times used on Saturdays this season and most recent seasons. But what they did is bring in a kick off time basically never used this season of 7.45pm as its the latest possible kick off time they could get away with.

Exactly the same with the burnley game has been done to make it as early as humanly possible with 12pm. Again a kick off time virtually never used this season. That game should be kicking off at either 2pm or 4.30pm, which are the two alternative kick off times used on Sundays this season and most recent seasons.

Then to top it off the goons get to play at newc on Monday night, the latest possible kick off day/time that could have been allocated.

That little imp arteta was moaning recently about the fixtures and its as if they have said to him we are so sorry what can we do to make you happy and he goes and draws up the above for them.

I won’t go full on tinfoil hat here, but it really is incredible that there aren't any regulations in place to at least try to even these things out. Like a rule that says it has to be at least 72 hours between games. That would push the Burnley game a few more hours later that Sunday, which would be more acceptable in comparison to Arse playing on Monday.

These things will never be 100 % equal (unless all games kick off at the same time every round), but a set limit will at least create some sort of fairness and predictability for all clubs.

Back