• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Clinical and brutal uppercut there, Whyte outclassed.

No disrespect intended towards Whyte but if it actually is Fury’s last fight it feels a bit of an underwhelming one..

Just not having it. No way will he end on that.

I think a lot will depend on the Usyk-Joshua fight. If Joshua regains his title, I think he will start spouting off about Fury quitting so he doesnt have to fight him.
They will throw a sh#tload of cash at Fury to take the fight. Hey-ho, bumper payday all round

It’s seems the next fight on Fury’s radar is an inter-discipline fight with Frances Ngannou. In his ESPN post fight interview he brought the latter over and discussed it live.

Whyte and Chisora are very poor boxers in the grand scheme of things. Joshua dealt with Whyte very comfortably in one of his first pro fights and everyone thinks Joshua’s brick so it’s amazing to see this fight today at Wembley in front of 94k people, just shows the sport/divisions way more about hype than substance, because anyone with half a boxing brain knew Whyte was out of his league.

fury’s clearly a good boxer but his legacy is going to be tainted by a complete lack of credible competition. It’s a far cry from the days of the Klitschko’s and Lewis, let alone Tyson, Holyfield and Foreman. (I know he beat Klitschko, but by literally all accounts he was already in retirement and didn’t train, was also stopped by the much maligned Joshua in his next fight, way past it!).

Whyte and Chisora are very poor boxers in the grand scheme of things. Joshua dealt with Whyte very comfortably in one of his first pro fights and everyone thinks Joshua’s brick so it’s amazing to see this fight today at Wembley in front of 94k people, just shows the sport/divisions way more about hype than substance, because anyone with half a boxing brain knew Whyte was out of his league.

fury’s clearly a good boxer but his legacy is going to be tainted by a complete lack of credible competition. It’s a far cry from the days of the Klitschko’s and Lewis, let alone Tyson, Holyfield and Foreman. (I know he beat Klitschko, but by literally all accounts he was already in retirement and didn’t train, was also stopped by the much maligned Joshua in his next fight, way past it!).

I have to disagree, Fury is an excellent boxer with exceptional movement and he's very light on his feet for someone so big. Great use of the jab more recently and he's beaten everyone in front of him. I don't remember anyone talking about Klitschko not training, he was considered a massive favourite and he beat him in Germany too don't forget. Demolished Wilder in all 3 fights and Whyte looked like a fly - couldn't lay a glove on him. I think it's more the heavyweight division isn't as strong as before but that doesn't stop Fury being a great boxer.

I have to disagree, Fury is an excellent boxer with exceptional movement and he's very light on his feet for someone so big. Great use of the jab more recently and he's beaten everyone in front of him. I don't remember anyone talking about Klitschko not training, he was considered a massive favourite and he beat him in Germany too don't forget. Demolished Wilder in all 3 fights and Whyte looked like a fly - couldn't lay a glove on him. I think it's more the heavyweight division isn't as strong as before but that doesn't stop Fury being a great boxer.
It sounds like you agree with me apart from Klitschko comment?

there were a few articles at the time about him not doing a proper training camp, I think even the BBC did one?

It sounds like you agree with me apart from Klitschko comment?

there were a few articles at the time about him not doing a proper training camp, I think even the BBC did one?

Well I think he'll be remembered as one of the greats in time but obviously beating Usyk or Joshua would help that, for me boxing is firstly about talent but I think you need a personality to go down in the memory books and Fury has that in abundance. Joshua just feels awkward and manufactured for example.

I think Fury can only beat the talent of the generation he has grown up with. And he has done that. Plus I've never once got the feeling he'd duck anyone. He's a very good blend of a skilful boxer (that's he's worked extremely hard at) and a street brawler (loves a tear up).
His height and reach are of course an advantage but he was born with those characteristics.

He'll be back to fight the winner of AJ/Usyk 100% imo.

I think Fury can only beat the talent of the generation he has grown up with. And he has done that. Plus I've never once got the feeling he'd duck anyone. He's a very good blend of a skilful boxer (that's he's worked extremely hard at) and a street brawler (loves a tear up).
His height and reach are of course an advantage but he was born with those characteristics.

He'll be back to fight the winner of AJ/Usyk 100% imo.

Hope so mate, Fury v AJ is the one the public have wanted to see for a while now. Like you said I can't see anyone beating the Gyspy King, he's just too big and unpredictable.

Taylor-Serrano was apparently one of the fights of the year so far, a lot more on display than the Fury / Whyte bout from what I’ve heard. Amazing night considering how it’s not been that long relatively since Women’s boxing was illegal for ridiculous reasons.

Looking forward to seeing the whole fight once it’s up on YouTube.

Decent night of boxing TBH, Cordina punch was one of a lifetime for him, great win.

Haney schooled the Aussie, made it look like a boring fight but was just how good Haney was

That is a monster punch. Didn't know much about the Aussie but he was giving it big in the build up, failed to make weight the 1st time. Seemed fairly humble in the interviews after at least.

Anthony Joshua's rematch with Oleksandr Usyk has been confirmed as taking place in Saudi Arabia on 20 August.

Usyk, 35, upset Joshua in London in September to win the WBA (Super), IBF and WBO heavyweight titles.

Joshua, 31, is a two-time world champion and will look to avenge the second defeat of his career.

Usyk was in Ukraine helping the war effort against Russia and earlier in the summer it appeared the rematch would have to be postponed.

But the Ukrainian was given permission to leave the country in March to train for his second fight with Joshua.

The 'Rage on the Red Sea' will take place in Jeddah on Saudi Arabia's west coast.

"I have a goal, with the help of the Lord I will complete my mission," said Usyk.

Joshua called the fight "my date with history" as he has the chance to become a three-time unified heavyweight world champion, adding: "A happy fighter is a dangerous fighter and I am the happiest and most motivated I have been."

The Londoner also gave a "special shout out to the Ukrainian fans who have been through a really tough time".

Usyk is unbeaten in 19 professional fights, but has fought the majority of his career at cruiserweight, where he was undisputed champion.

Joshua previously lost to Andy Ruiz in 2019 and then avenged the defeat six months later.

Why is Joshua fighting in the Middle East?
'I just want to do a job' - Joshua on fighting in Saudi Arabia
Joshua has fought once before in Saudi Arabia, against Ruiz. The decision to fight there was a controversial one, because of the country's human rights record.

A 2021 report by human rights organisation Grant Liberty said Saudi Arabia had spent upwards of $1.5bn to bring international sport to the country in a bid to improve its image, also known as 'sportswashing'.

Boxing is not the only sport to be criticised for staging events in Saudi Arabia.

Formula 1, tennis and golf have all held events in the country in recent years, while the Saudi-funded LIV Golf tournament took place on the outskirts of London last week with players accepting huge appearance fees to take part.

Promoter Eddie Hearn and Joshua have opted to host another fight in a country that has been accused of human rights abuses and criticised for a military campaign in neighbouring Yemen that has caused a humanitarian catastrophe.

Saudi Arabia's international standing was severely damaged by the 2018 killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a US-based Saudi journalist who was a prominent critic of the government.

It is among the countries that carries out the most executions, women's rights activists have been jailed and it is a nation where political parties, trade unions and independent human rights groups are banned.

_124908079_gettyimages-1192558714.jpg

Prince Khalid Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, pictured with Joshua after his fight in 2019, was the driving force behind bringing boxing to Saudi Arabia
Joshua and Usyk's first fight was at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and the rematch could have been staged there, or at Wembley Stadium in London or Cardiff's Principality Stadium.

Hearn has repeatedly said Saudi Arabia offers the biggest financial package. In 2019, the Matchroom promoter dismissed concerns about sportwashing and the damage it could do to his, Joshua's and the sport's reputation.

"The sportswashing thing is something over my head," Hearn said.

"Our job is to provide opportunities to the fighters. If I put a proposal in front of Joshua and he said to me he was going to Saudi Arabia, and I advised him against, he would say 'see ya'."

Back