• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Missed him today
Reggie is average at everything unfortunately
You think Sess would have made a difference? I'm really not sure about that he's worse defensively but better on the offense. The 2nd goal might still happen although maybe Sess would have further upfield but I mean that's kind of guess work.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You think Sess would have made a difference? I'm really not sure about that he's worse defensively but better on the offense. The 2nd goal might still happen although maybe Sess would have further upfield but I mean that's kind of guess work.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Sess passes much quicker and will use both feet
He also underlaps much better
He is also more combative in the air
Reggie jumps like a wet fish
He also takes 3 touches when one would do

Since pre-season, I've questioned Reggie as flattering to decive and favored giving Sess a run. But I think we have to cut Reggie some slack today. First game back, and had a few positive moments.

In the coming games, he needs to make his attacks count. Too often there are wayward passes or he doesn't collect a cross. Time for that to end. He has to be calm and in the attack. At the moment he's a defender trying to attack. He has to feel like an attacker and have the cool of one.

Sess passes much quicker and will use both feet
He also underlaps much better
He is also more combative in the air
Reggie jumps like a wet fish
He also takes 3 touches when one would do

totally agree!
Our problem is Sessegnon fitness, we can’t wait for too much longer with the current ‘make do and mend’ policy on the left. The pair on the right are not brilliant but much more workable until………

Except a foot race. He s unbelievably quick and great defending a counter.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Hes a very good defender in general which admittedly is less of a concern in a 3 at the back but still he is. Just seems like everyone is forgetting about that aspect. Royal suffers from the same thing. Neither are WBs but are trying their best in those roles.

Hes a very good defender in general which admittedly is less of a concern in a 3 at the back but still he is. Just seems like everyone is forgetting about that aspect. Royal suffers from the same thing. Neither are WBs but are trying their best in those roles.

Reggie is fine as an option at LWB, but not first choice.
As someone said above, Sess injury status is the issue.
Do we need 2 X LWB? Or 1 X LWB and 1 X Attacking LB?
The second gives more versatility. But only if Sess can stay fit.

He was hugely underwhelming when he made the jump to the PL and we still made a move for him when nobody else did and as for Royal , where do I start ?
Fair enough but I seem to remember another young left back that we lumped a few quid on and persevered with when things weren't going well and he turned out to be pretty good at the old kicky football thing.

And is frequently injured, so one post knock game can’t be the basis of a sweeping judgement.

Agreed. Before his most recent injury, his performances were trending up nicely. Personally I'd persevere with him and Rggie next season. Sess should get better, assuming he stays fit, whilst Reggie's form can hardly be worse

It's pretty clear to me that Sessegnon is a good player. Has pace, is reasonably physical, takes up good positions, dribbles well, has good delivery. If he could get a clear run without picking up an injury and gain a bit of confidence then I think he could easily turn into one of the best wingbacks in the PL.

poor game back from injury. i wonder how ready he was.
on the other hand why do all those players coming back from injury play so well against us ?!

Sessegnon has been the worse WB this year. He looked scared at every game, loses the ball on a regular basis, can't make long passes, can't even make short passes, probably because of being to scared on the ball. He only made around 2 good crosses, that actually might be more than Royal. He is weak on his feet, easy getting outmuscled by the opposition. Might be a reason why he îs always injured. He has decent pace. He might, and that's a big might, be better if he got a run of games going and get more confidence, which he obviously lacks. Problem is, we do not have time în these crucial matches to bet on Sess MAYBE coming into some sort of form. Get Reggie IN.

Last edited:
I agree. None of our WBs have been good enough for the way Conte to wants them to play (other than Doherty maybe in his recent purple patch). We should be easily able to upgrade on both sides this Summer with players that know how to play WB well. Sess is still young (sort of) and homegrown so I doubt he would be the first out the door though. I haven't quite given up hope but he needs to get fit and find some confidence if he wants to be a regular starter.

Back