• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

It's an easy one this but...

How we could have done with him today.

I do feel there’s a bit of revisionist thinking with wanting Eriksen in our current situation if I’m honest, him and Kane in a “10” position isn’t going to work as they’d be tripping each other up. Unless we change the whole system (Conte doesn’t seem to want to change shape to accommodate a substitute which I get) I don’t see him fitting in. Looking at it as a human who witnessed what happened, i’d rather him stay at Brentford and be the main man than come here and risk a repeat of his last season and a half at our club..

I do feel there’s a bit of revisionist thinking with wanting Eriksen in our current situation if I’m honest, him and Kane in a “10” position isn’t going to work as they’d be tripping each other up. Unless we change the whole system (Conte doesn’t seem to want to change shape to accommodate a substitute which I get) I don’t see him fitting in. Looking at it as a human who witnessed what happened, i’d rather him stay at Brentford and be the main man than come here and risk a repeat of his last season and a half at our club..

His best play for us was on the left of a three, bit like Kulusevski on the right.
He would be a useful option for when we need to unlock the door, from the left or even CM. Kane dropping is great when it works, but a good coach can nullify it and close down the other passing lanes - Brighton are fantastic at that.
Introducing Eriksen would have created different angles and different issues for them.

I think he'll stay at Brentford - he is playing well and is appreciated and starting all the time. No need to rock the boat.

If Kane is having a shocker it’s a straight swap, get Eriksen there instead and have two of Son/Kulu/Bergy/Moura ahead of him.

Conte found a use for him at Inter right?

If Kane is having a shocker it’s a straight swap, get Eriksen there instead and have two of Son/Kulu/Bergy/Moura ahead of him.

Conte found a use for him at Inter right?

Fair points from yourself (although I doubt we’d ever sub Kane by choice even if he isn’t at his best) and @monkeybarry - It would be lovely to look at the bench and see some quality that could change the game even if it did mean a change of shape. It’s an interesting conflict of having a settled XI but then being a bit too predictable in how we set up..

Big chance missed by Burnley to really put Everton back under pressure. But dropped pts for West Ham must surely be the final nail in their Top 4 coffin

Wonder how soon we'll see Cristiano Ronaldo, now mourning the death of his newborn son. Terrible to lose a child and makes a football game a complete non-entity in the big scheme of things. No doubt when he does resume playing, he'll be playing for his lost son. Maybe already was aware of his child's health issues and put up the hat trick against Norwich in response.

MancU will need him asap. Because of Chelsea making the FA Cup final, the PL has moved their game against Chelsea forward by two weeks to April 28. That means, starting today at Anfield, they have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea within 10 days. Plenty of injury woes, to boot.

That's the sort of schedule normally reserved for clubs like, err, uh, Spurs.

Last edited:
Wonder how soon we'll see Cristiano Ronaldo, now mourning the death of his newborn son. Terrible to lose a child and makes a football game a complete non-entity in the big scheme of things. No doubt when he does resume playing, he'll be playing for his lost son. Maybe already was aware of his child's health issues and put up the hat trick against Norwich in response.

MancU will need him asap. Because of Chelsea making the FA Cup final, the PL has moved their game against Chelsea forward by two weeks to April 28. That means, starting today at Anfield, they have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea within 10 days. Plenty of injury woes, to boot.

That's the sort of schedule normally reserved for clubs like, err, uh, Spurs.

I get the feeling he'll play against Arsenal.

Is a draw the best result for us?

Ronaldo won’t play against Liverpool - confirmed now. Not that it would make much difference, IMO. Liverpool are sure to win this one anyway.

Back