• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton *

So certain conditions have to be met to mitigate the otherwise issues that would occur. One of those as you say is that he sleeps right. Perhaps he didnt sleep right, intentionally or not. Other things he needs to stick to and maybe again through intent or not perhaps he didnt. Also what about the time he missed at the club? Did he go on sunday and come back tuesday or wednesday? Wouldnt his time be better spent at the training ground? Based on todays performance it seems the answer to that question is a resounding yes.

The message it sends is also all wrong.

At such a pivotal stage in the season there should be no trips to the states, however brief, there should be no parties. They should all be staying at that lodge hotel at the training ground, working, eating correctly, drinking correctly, focus 1000% on brighton. Clearly this didnt happen and could now have monumental consequences for the club.

Conte also needs to look at himself. Not bringing bergwijn on for davies or reguilon is an absolutely absurd decision.

Again, to repeat what I said to Dubai, I think IF we are looking to pin a tail on the donkey here, Conte having covid and not being able to be close to the players all week on the training pitch would be the single biggest factor.

One of those players scored a hat trick in a semi final, which unless i am mistaken is more than one of our undropables has scored in all the s/f and finals he has played in.
For club and Country to boot.
He's still not good enough. Are you going to use the one semi final Vs the other 131 games he has played for us? Lucas is not the answer, never had been the answer and will never be the answer. He's an ok option but he's ultimately not of the level we require. Sorry he just isn't.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Again, to repeat what I said to Dubai, I think IF we are looking to pin a tail on the donkey here, Conte having covid and not being able to be close to the players all week on the training pitch would be the single biggest factor.
Maybe the weather too? Perhaps a bit too bright/warm for our precious boys

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Dubai.
IF you want to tag an event from the past week which affected the performance, I would suggest the manager not being able to be close to the players all week due to covid19 was the single biggest factor.

I agree mate - I've said higher up that this is not on the players, but on Conte for being out-tactic'd by Potter.

But I do think you're overlooking the optics issue here, and it's a simple human reaction. Typically, when people aren't doing well in their day jobs, one way that they show their value is in putting in extra effort to improve. Staying behind, volunteering to take on more work, showing a commitment to become better.

It isn't because of anyone asking them to forego their private lives, it's because they feel obligated to show they have value to their team and their employer. I did that a lot in my earlier career a few years ago - no one forced me to swear off going out on weekends or after work, but there were times when I wasn't doing well and voluntarily chose to put in overtime or be there when my team needed me, to show I could still be useful even when not doing well.

I think it helped my manager and employer see that I wasn't shirking, I was genuinely trying to put in the effort even if the results weren't there. And I think it helped me retain their trust until the bad spell turned and I got better at my job again, at which point I didn't need to worry about how I looked taking off at 5 in time to hit the clubs come the evening.

These players barely work 20-25 hrs a week - would it have killed them to be a bit dedicated to football until the end of the season with so much on the line? That's all I'm trying to say.

They didn't, they went out on the week - and then they lost pretty limply on the weekend, which is why questions start being asked. It's natural.

While Conte will take the heat as he absolutely should - those players should also be asking themselves if they were setting the right example, imo.

He's still not good enough. Are you going to use the one semi final Vs the other 131 games he has played for us? Lucas is not the answer, never had been the answer and will never be the answer. He's an ok option but he's ultimately not of the level we require. Sorry he just isn't.

I have never claimed moura is the answer, but if we want to progress to winning something maybe harry kane isn't either.

I've done it many times (and quite a lot private) and for 24-48 hours, with the space to sleep properly, a 7 hour flight and 5 hour time difference will not do anything providing you stay on UK time (which you would) I do agree with the suggestion that the message it sends is poor.
This is turning into a weighty debate, so here’s my 2p worth…

2 days isn’t enough to adjust to a new time zone on the other side of the Pond. However, your body will start to adjust - even if you keep UK time - because it’s light at different times and it’s dark at different times = natural adjustment. After all, your body doesn’t know what time it is but it does know when the sun is up.
Rest on a private jet is obviously far superior to travelling cattle class with Virgin or BA but it’s miles away from ‘proper’ sleep in a bed. It’s noisy, there’s constant motion and the cabin is likely to be pressurised to approx 8,000’. Further, a private jet is probably crossing the pond in around 6 hours which means that the period available for sleep is considerably less than 6 hours and probably considerably less than he would normally expect.
I would suggest that in elite level sport a relatively small blip in regular sleeping and circadian rhythms can lead to a significant deficiency on the pitch.

@thfcsteff - and as for Dele, he's not our player anymore, but I do have a residual fondness for the kid after all the happiness he's given us down the years, and it's just sad to see, is all. He should be at the peak of his powers, but he's wasting away on the bench for a relegation candidate, and can't even get into their side.

I don't know what broke in his mind to lead him to it, but after all the adversities he's overcome to get where he is, it saddens me that he can't concentrate on his football enough to get back to where he deserves to be.

This true?

I hope conte destroyed them

Couldn’t wait a few weeks, go celebrate with that waster.

When was this fudging birthday party? Unbelievable, do we know who went and if they were drinking?

What the fudge are these bunch of fudging clams doing.

I only saw one photo but it was Dele and 3 or 4 of our players at a table with glasses of water and one bottle of coke. Hardly a hanging offence. I’m sure our players often go out for dinner with other people/players-who-are-friends.

Today was a very bad performance, a very hard watch, but I don’t think Dele’s birthday is to blame.
I do wonder if Conte’s covid had an impact as presumably he hasn’t been able to be physically present at training sessions during the week? Even if not the fact that he couldn’t change things for the second half is a bit worrying.

I have never claimed moura is the answer, but if we want to progress to winning something maybe harry kane isn't either.
Not sure why you replied to me with the Moura mention. I'm not someone who thinks Kane is infallible. He shouldn't have started the CL final for me and I was willing to sell him in the summer if the money was right. I still don't think Moura is a good option, he's worse than Kane. I wanted to keep Vinnie just because a backup striker of any note is better than what we have now. Not that i think he would have made any difference today.

For me today we needed a change of team shape. We were outnumbered in CM and couldn't progress the ball at all. Added to the awful use of the ball today we just couldn't get anything moving. I don't rate Winks but if he had been in addition to Bentancur instead of as a replacement we may well have gained a solid base to work from. Alas Conte is wedded to his three at the back so just swapped one low performing but important CM for a crap one and just hoped the crap one would somehow play better than the starter.

There should be certain sacrifices these players have to make if they want to earn the frankly obscene money they get.

They should spend the vast majority of the 10 month season living at the lodge hotel. There shouldn’t be these random trips either. Also someone said they will have their family after they have retired, so they can focus on football. Think it was Son. And why not, afterall it is women that are obsessed with babies not men, so should be easy for them. And for those odd few players who cant wait to have a baby well they will be retired at mid 30s and a multi millionaire so they can wait a bit.

Sounds draconian? Not to me, especially when they are getting paid an absolute fortune. And even more so when you see that total crap on the pitch today.

Zero entertainment for the paying public. Home truths need to be told and severe action taken.

There should be certain sacrifices these players have to make if they want to earn the frankly obscene money they get.

They should spend the vast majority of the 10 month season living at the lodge hotel. There shouldn’t be these random trips either. Also someone said they will have their family after they have retired, so they can focus on football. Think it was Son. And why not, afterall it is women that are obsessed with babies not men, so should be easy for them. And for those odd few players who cant wait to have a baby well they will be retired at mid 30s and a multi millionaire so they can wait a bit.

Sounds draconian? Not to me, especially when they are getting paid an absolute fortune. And even more so when you see that total crap on the pitch today.

Zero entertainment for the paying public. Home truths need to be told and severe action taken.
There also needs to be public floggings for any poor performances

I notice Dubai is posting again after a suspicious absence during our run of good form.

Yep, I am. When we win, I celebrate and get on with my day in an upbeat mood.

When we lose, I'm miserable for a bit and then get on with my day.

In the latter case though, I come to GG to recover for a bit in the company of kindred spirits who are equally sad that we lost.

Anything else officer, or are we done with the interrogation?

This is turning into a weighty debate, so here’s my 2p worth…

2 days isn’t enough to adjust to a new time zone on the other side of the Pond. However, your body will start to adjust - even if you keep UK time - because it’s light at different times and it’s dark at different times = natural adjustment. After all, your body doesn’t know what time it is but it does know when the sun is up.
Rest on a private jet is obviously far superior to travelling cattle class with Virgin or BA but it’s miles away from ‘proper’ sleep in a bed. It’s noisy, there’s constant motion and the cabin is likely to be pressurised to approx 8,000’. Further, a private jet is probably crossing the pond in around 6 hours which means that the period available for sleep is considerably less than 6 hours and probably considerably less than he would normally expect.
I would suggest that in elite level sport a relatively small blip in regular sleeping and circadian rhythms can lead to a significant deficiency on the pitch.

So...if the proper spec work was done, that flight is approx 8 hours. If he was on any Gulfstream (5 or later) the sleeping facilities would be top drawer (like a hotel) and ample for rest. If he timed his flight back to the UK properly, light/dark would have no effect. He'd likely have rest as good as any player with young kids/new babies. Physically there's little difference to making a trip into deep Eastern Europe for midweek football, or traveling away for an international, except here you will have much more space when traveling and it was off the back of a game not in the middle of a week.

I just don't buy it physically.

I would agree with those who suggest that perhaps the message is not great, but again, we are talking about one of the most vanilla superstar players ever and as such, I am not holding his feet to this fire as the reason.

Not sure why you replied to me with the Moura mention. I'm not someone who thinks Kane is infallible. He shouldn't have started the CL final for me and I was willing to sell him in the summer if the money was right. I still don't think Moura is a good option, he's worse than Kane. I wanted to keep Vinnie just because a backup striker of any note is better than what we have now. Not that i think he would have made any difference today.

For me today we needed a change of team shape. We were outnumbered in CM and couldn't progress the ball at all. Added to the awful use of the ball today we just couldn't get anything moving. I don't rate Winks but if he had been in addition to Bentancur instead of as a replacement we may well have gained a solid base to work from. Alas Conte is wedded to his three at the back so just swapped one low performing but important CM for a crap one and just hoped the crap one would somehow play better than the starter.

Why am i replying to you?
You replied to me first.

Back