• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

We have to be confident that we'll win the last 2 games - Norwich & Burnley. At least one of those will be relegated by then, possibly both. That gives us 6 points.

The next 3 fixtures are therefore key to possibly pulling away and nailing down 4th. Brighton, Brentwood & Leicester. If we can get anywhere near to 9 points - if we can get 7 - that puts us on 70 points. I'd say we're on the brink as Arsenal would have to get 71 to out-do our goal difference - that's 17 points from 8 games.

Next 3 games for us dictates it I think.

Having shot myself in the foot earlier, I might as well shoot the other.

Note to self .... Nylons - think nylons.

We have to be confident that we'll win the last 2 games - Norwich & Burnley. At least one of those will be relegated by then, possibly both. That gives us 6 points.

The next 3 fixtures are therefore key to possibly pulling away and nailing down 4th. Brighton, Brentford & Leicester. If we can get anywhere near to 9 points - if we can get 7 - that puts us on 70 points. I'd say we're on the brink as Arsenal would have to get 71 to out-do our goal difference - that's 17 points from 8 games.

My only issue with that is the last time our last 2 fixtures of the season would have seen us finish above Arsenal we conspired to finish "3rd in a 2 horse race"

My only issue with that is the last time our last 2 fixtures of the season would have seen us finish above Arsenal we conspired to finish "3rd in a 2 horse race"

2018/19 we finished above them by 1 point after we almost blew a 10/12 point lead (I can’t recall the exact total) but I agree with your logic. There’s always strange results this time of the season so I’m not discounting us dropping points we wouldn’t expect to drop.

Remember we were never in the diving (yeah I mean that sarcastically) seat that season ever

and as I’ve said loads this season, it comes down to when you peak form wise

we have just beaten teams we should best, and that’s what gave Arsenal their great run too. Beating teams they should beat

a difference between us and them though is we have been battering team whereas they limped to single goal wins. Will they get back to that? I don’t think so, but I also don’t think we will keep in battering sides either

The next 3 fixtures are therefore key to possibly pulling away and nailing down 4th. Brighton, Brentford & Leicester. If we can get anywhere near to 9 points - if we can get 7 - that puts us on 70 points. I'd say we're on the brink as Arsenal would have to get 71 to out-do our goal difference - that's 17 points from 8 games.

Agree with that. Would be nice to not have to win both our last games. Could potentially happen:
- 7-9 points from the next 3
- 1-2 points from Liverpool / NLD

Gets us to 65-68 going into the last 2 games. 4 points then from the final 2 games has a very good chance of being enough

Key, as you say, is the next 3 games (and then not losing the NLD)

Last edited:
Agree with that. Would be nice to not have to win both our last games. Could potentially happen:
- 7-9 points from the next 3
- 1-2 points from Liverpool / NLD

Gets us to 65-68 going into the last 2 games. 4 points then from the final 2 games has a very good chance of being enough

Key, as you say, is the next 3 games (and then not losing the NLD)

For some reason i feel more confident getting something off liverpool and arsenal than brentford.

For some reason i feel more confident getting something off liverpool and arsenal than brentford.
If it we had Liverpool at home, I'd fancy us. But our record at Anfield is horrible. We've had a few games there were we absolutely were the better team but still couldn't get more than a draw.

If it we had Liverpool at home, I'd fancy us. But our record at Anfield is horrible. We've had a few games there were we absolutely were the better team but still couldn't get more than a draw.

Just got a feeling we'll get something there. We'll see.

Seeing that Leicester went through last night I thought I would look at their fixtures.... And it's perfect!

They play Roma on Thursday 28 April and are then due to play us on the Saturday... I should imagine that game could well be moved to the Sunday but the second leg for Leicester is the following Thursday...

With no chance of getting Europe from the league they must prioritise the Roma games... Couldn't be better from our perspective...

COYS

Seeing that Leicester went through last night I thought I would look at their fixtures.... And it's perfect!

They play Roma on Thursday 28 April and are then due to play us on the Saturday... I should imagine that game could well be moved to the Sunday but the second leg for Leicester is the following Thursday...

With no chance of getting Europe from the league they must prioritise the Roma games... Couldn't be better from our perspective...

COYS
Will have to be moved to the Sunday, without question.

We could potentially see

Liverpool win the league and Champions league.

Chelsea win the FA cup

Leicester winning the conference league

West Ham win the Europa League

and Arsenal finish 4th.

That could be the worst end to a season ever.

Back