• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Out for the rest of the season. The one position we really have no cover for.
We scored five goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and four against Villa with Royal at RWB. It’s not the end of the world, although not ideal. I’d argue losing Lloris for Gollini, Romero or Dier, no cover for Davies, Hojberg or Bentancur meaning Winks for rest of season, Kane or Son would all be worse losses for remainder of season….

We scored five goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and four against Villa with Royal at RWB. It’s not the end of the world, although not ideal. I’d argue losing Lloris for Gollini, Romero or Dier, no cover for Davies, Hojberg or Bentancur meaning Winks for rest of season, Kane or Son would all be worse losses for remainder of season….
Agree it's not the end of the world and there are far more important players, I mean it more for the style of play. Emerson doesn't provide anything going forward.

Agree it's not the end of the world and there are far more important players, I mean it more for the style of play. Emerson doesn't provide anything going forward.
Neither does Reguilon to be honest. I prefer Doherty over Reggie and Sess at the moment as he has a strikers mindset when inside the box and is not bad at finishing either.

It really was a very poor challenge by Cash. No doubt that won’t be mentioned today as the talking heads on Sky chew over what this means for us.

He’s getting better at it though. Against newc he scored from 5 yards and was near Son when he opened the scoring at villa.

I know what you’re saying but to be fair to Emerson he scored against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and did well at the start of that move for our lovely fourth goal. Would rather Doherty, but with Royal having been taken out of the firing line for a bit and now coming back in and getting a run I’m hoping he will come back stronger just like Doherty did. I reckon he will be solid enough, even if somewhat unspectacular…..

It really was a very poor challenge by Cash. No doubt that won’t be mentioned today as the talking heads on Sky chew over what this means for us.

When the challenge occurred and was replayed the commentators were saying 'hard but fair' 'What else was Cash supposed to do?' 'Got the ball first'

:rolleyes:

I know what you’re saying but to be fair to Emerson he scored against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and did well at the start of that move for our lovely fourth goal. Would rather Doherty, but with Royal having been taken out of the firing line for a bit and now coming back in and getting a run I’m hoping he will come back stronger just like Doherty did. I reckon he will be solid enough, even if somewhat unspectacular…..
If Emerson plays more like Doherty ie. Not crossing the ball and instead playing short passes to the forwards he will get a lot less criticism from the fans. I feel that the last game and a half he's kind of done this. No real crosses into the box instead he's played it short to Kulu or Bentancur much like Doherty does.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

When the challenge occurred and was replayed the commentators were saying 'hard but fair' 'What else was Cash supposed to do?' 'Got the ball first'

:rolleyes:

It's ridiculous, isn't it.

Not going top speed and knee high into the challenge, that's what he could've done. Yeah, he got the ball, but that's such a reckless challenge. Had he missed the ball - which he could easily have done - that's a straight red for me.

It wasn't even a dangerous situation for Villa - absolutely no need to go in like that. Neanderthal football.

I've just seen 'Ref Watch' on Sky sports and this challenge didn't even get a mention. Which is odd as they talked about Mings on Kulu which is basically identical. Their assessment was 'one of those that looks worse in slow motion', though Dermot Gallagher did say he could have been booked for the force used.

They also talked about Young on Kane and again, no problem. Yes it was cynical and snide but not out of control or endangering an opponent (apparently) so a yellow is sufficient.

Oh and Stephen Warnock tried to defend a blatant Saka dive by saying he was trying to protect himself as he (according to himself) gets kicked alot.

Brilliant analysis all round!

Hopefully emerson can play every game till the end of the season. If not, yes it would be an interesting move, yes it would disrupt our front 3 but seems the most likely.

Agreed on your first sentence.

Not trying to be a smart arse but I don’t know how this following discussion is related to my original post - Paxton was talking RWB options and GB says Sess played RW for a while (and Moura / Stevey B are obviously way ahead of him in the pecking order for that position).

As you’ve brought it up, to be clear I really don’t want us breaking the most in form front three in the league for the sake of a throwaway comment by Conte. If he actually does bring Kulu back to RWB and put one of Lucas or Stevey ahead as RF at any stage then well done in predicting it, it seems like it would be a mess to me and would prefer a natural sided wingback there 100%, like that Lavernier kid perhaps.

I would agree with this, its a shame for Doherty who has silenced the knockers over the last couple of games but IF we have to miss players it would be worse if those you mentioned were out.

Was thinking, doherty is according to ally gold best mates with kane. They are both golfing fanatics. Wonder if he hadn't been injured he'd have gone to the masters aswell.

Think our top priority in the summer should be two top quality wingbacks who are fast, strong and can deliver a decent cross.

Back