• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

Let's all hope that Emirates Marketing Project beat the scousers on Sunday...

Liverpool look like they will go through to the semi finals of the champions League and still have the fa cup semi against Emirates Marketing Project... By the time we play we play them in May their focus could well be elsewhere.

I know football doesn't always work that way but 'on paper' things are looking good for the mighty Spurs...

As long as Emirates Marketing Project win on Sunday and we beat the scum and.....

COYS

Liverpool look like they will go through to the semi finals of the champions League and still have the fa cup semi against Emirates Marketing Project... By the time we play we play them in May their focus could well be elsewhere.

I know football doesn't always work that way but 'on paper' things are looking good for the mighty Spurs...

As long as Emirates Marketing Project win on Sunday and we beat the scum and.....

COYS

They've still got to play utd aswell. Who are only 3 points behind us.

COYS

They better had. The thought of Liverpool turning it all round and winning the League, and going on to win the Quadruple. My GHod. We would NEVER, EVER, hear the end of that.
City simply have to win Sunday.
Cant take the gamble of City having to beat Liverpool in the CL Final to stop them winning the lot :(

As of now, (still) at our gw 30, we cannot be overtaken by :-

Everton. ... ... ... ... ... 6/4
Leeds ... ... ... ... ... ... 3/4
Burnley . ... ... ... ... ... 3/4
Watford . ... ... ... ... ... 20/3
Norwich City ... ... ... ... 13/3

We're clear of the bottom quarter ... the tension mounts - and so does Derek​

They better had. The thought of Liverpool turning it all round and winning the League, and going on to win the Quadruple. My GHod. We would NEVER, EVER, hear the end of that.
City simply have to win Sunday.
Cant take the gamble of City having to beat Liverpool in the CL Final to stop them winning the lot :(

I think Liverpool are more than capable of winning all four as them and Emirates Marketing Project are the two best teams in Europe, but I don’t think they will. They are bound to have an off day or some bad luck in at least one of the competitions. I can see them winning on Sunday and ultimately going on to win the title but they will most likely have to go through Emirates Marketing Project in all three competitions. There’s very little in it IMO between the two sides, I don’t see them beating Emirates Marketing Project potentially 3/4 times if they have to play them in the league, FA cup and the CL.

As of now, (still) at our gw 30, we cannot be overtaken by :-

Everton. ... ... ... ... ... 6/4
Leeds ... ... ... ... ... ... 3/4
Burnley . ... ... ... ... ... 3/4
Watford . ... ... ... ... ... 20/3
Norwich City ... ... ... ... 13/3

We're clear of the bottom quarter ... the tension mounts - and so does Derek

With the dominos ?

I know bookies odds doesnt reflect probability of an event occuring, but surprised that Utd are around 7/1 to finish 4th

I wouldn't be putting much money on Utd with those odds. This prediction model has them as a 5% chance of top 4 which is more like 20/1 isn't it?

View attachment 13876
We can still be champions. City and pool draw this weekend and then lose every game. We win remaining games and end up on 78 points, City 74 and pool 73. We can even lose one, as long as it's not vs Liverpool.
It's well and truly on!

This is the game sequencing taking into account KO times...goons on the right.

Brighton​
Villa
Brighton
Saints
Chelsea
Man U​
Brentford
Leicester
West Ham​
Liverpool
Leeds​
Arsenal Spurs
Burnley
Saudi Sportswashing Machine​
Norwich Everton

They have 3 games after our Brighton home game before we play again. (But tough games)

Although the scheduling of the Burnley game is close to the NLD, I don't mind that that their Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games are after ours on the corresponding weekends. I think they are much more vunerable to feeling the pressure than we are, and this helps.
Thanks for posting this. There’s a lot to be said about the timing of the fixtures as we saw the effect of Sky scheduling games that can put more or less pressure on the team in pole position depending how they want to the results to pan out.
In this instance I see an opportunity for us to put Goons under a little ‘scoreboard pressure’ before they go on a difficult run, yet if we were to not put those points on the board they could then enter that run with a more relaxed attitude that results a bonus rather than a necessity. Then if they come off the United game still behind us we get another chance to extend the gap. Of course I’ve seen this so many times before I wouldn’t dare predict any of the results of these games but I genuinely do think we’ll see the impact of the league position going into games impacting the expected result a lot more than if the same fixture was played in the first half of the season

This is the game sequencing taking into account KO times...goons on the right.

Brighton​
Villa
Brighton
Saints
Chelsea
Man U​
Brentford
Leicester
West Ham​
Liverpool
Leeds​
Arsenal Spurs
Burnley
Saudi Sportswashing Machine​
Norwich Everton

They have 3 games after our Brighton home game before we play again. (But tough games)

Although the scheduling of the Burnley game is close to the NLD, I don't mind that that their Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games are after ours on the corresponding weekends. I think they are much more vunerable to feeling the pressure than we are, and this helps.

Personally I’ve always thought it was an advantage to play first. Win your game then your rivals can worry about playing catch up. It’s on you if you mess it up. We saw how hard it was psychologically playing catch up to Leicester when we were chasing them for the title. If only we could played before them more often, win our games and go within 4 points of them rather than playing on Monday nights and needing to win just to reduce the gap from 10 pts to 7. At the end of the day if we lose then we will complain either way about the fixtures :D

Personally I’ve always thought it was an advantage to play first. Win your game then your rivals can worry about playing catch up. It’s on you if you mess it up. We saw how hard it was psychologically playing catch up to Leicester when we were chasing them for the title. If only we could played before them more often, win our games and go within 4 points of them rather than playing on Monday nights and needing to win just to reduce the gap from 10 pts to 7. At the end of the day if we lose then we will complain either way about the fixtures :D
I agree. Was that the season we had a load of Monday night games towards the back end of the season?
Although the Burnley game comes quickly after the Arsenal game for us, I'm happy that puts us before them playing the Geordies.

After we play Brighton they have 3 games before we play which is a bit brick, I'm glad they're difficult fixtures as they have a chance of racking up 9 pts before we get to play Brentford, psychologically that could be tough if a big gap is opened.

I said a while back....we all know where this is heading.....May 12th.

United really have to go and get something at Arsenal if they want any chance of a Top 4 finish. If they lose to Arsenal its goodnight for them and might have to look over their shoulder at Wolves

Back