• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

There is something very wrong with the psyche of that nation.

Had a day out with the wife and son. We went to Wakehurst Gardens and feed the birds. My son said if Putin had been taken birdwatching when he was a child then maybe he would not do what he does. Sweet kid, needs a hair cut mind.

I feel a little sorry for the average Russian, let down by their leaders. Never ceases to amaze me man's desire to control other man.

Absolutely fudging horrible. That dead, naked kid with his arms tied and a blindfold over his eyes...there are no words to describe how I feel about that. Sick to the stomach.

It's despicable enough to invade a peaceful country and engage in fights with the other country's military, but to kill - to torture, execute and mutilate - innocent civilians of all ages, is a completely different level of wrong.

I find the powerlessness of the situation the hardest; being so angry and upset, and completely unable to do something substantial to make things better.

Just like countless times under Trump's presidency, I also cannot wrap my head around how Russian officials so blatantly and deliberately ignore plain facts. I know why they do it, obviously - it's all about sticking to the narrative - but my head just basically short circuits trying to understand it. There's no ambiguity to these images. There's no denying Russia have been in control of that suburb for the past month.

And yet Russian authorities have the audacity to claim this as Ukraninan "propaganda"; even saying Ukraine have staged it all - which implies that Ukraine have executed and mutilated hundreds of their own men, women and children, and lined them up as stage props in an attempt to discredit Russia. It's about as credible as claiming aliens did it.

I just lose all faith in humanity sometimes.

Absolutely fudging horrible. That dead, naked kid with his arms tied and a blindfold over his eyes...there are no words to describe how I feel about that. Sick to the stomach.

It's despicable enough to invade a peaceful country and engage in fights with the other country's military, but to kill - to torture, execute and mutilate - innocent civilians of all ages, is a completely different level of wrong.

I find the powerlessness of the situation the hardest; being so angry and upset, and completely unable to do something substantial to make things better.

Just like countless times under Trump's presidency, I also cannot wrap my head around how Russian officials so blatantly and deliberately ignore plain facts. I know why they do it, obviously - it's all about sticking to the narrative - but my head just basically short circuits trying to understand it. There's no ambiguity to these images. There's no denying Russia have been in control of that suburb for the past month.

And yet Russian authorities have the audacity to claim this as Ukraninan "propaganda"; even saying Ukraine have staged it all - which implies that Ukraine have executed and mutilated hundreds of their own men, women and children, and lined them up as stage props in an attempt to discredit Russia. It's about as credible as claiming aliens did it.

I'm in a very very dark place on this myself. I signed up for a thing in work to help deal with Ukraine refugees (I work in the government) but I haven't heard anything back yet. Everything still feels kind of pathetic though.

I can't wrap my head around the pure evil that I am seeing being reported on daily. And I fear that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg. As the Ukraine forces roll back to the border these towns that were taken first and held longest will contain unimaginable horrors. Borodyanka will be the next name burned into your soul.

I totally agree.

Personally think we need to make the government know we would prefer to be cold next winter then have any gas or oil from Russia. I know we get little from there but the will be obvious shortages in the system in future.

Russia got away with to much for to long. The UK with banking the Europeans with their energy.

Not being deliberately political here but the Germans particularly should be ashamed right now.

Said earlier I will never get the desire of man to dominate other mankind. Leave people to their own devices.

Mariupol’s city council has said that the Russian army is using mobile crematoriums to burn the bodies of murdered civilians and destroy evidence of war crimes committed in the besieged port.

In a statement on Telegram, Mariupol City Council said: “After the widespread international genocide in Bucha, Russia's top leadership ordered the destruction of any evidence of crimes committed by its army in Mariupol.

“They collect and burn the bodies of Mariupol residents murdered and killed as a result of the Russian invasion.

“In addition, all potential witnesses to the occupiers' atrocities are being identified through filtration camps and destroyed.”

The council added that the Russian attack on the city could have resulted in the deaths of “tens of thousands of civilians”.

Don't think the can be anyway back for Russia from this. The are worse then Nazi party.

Will be very interested to see how the world reacts to this.

It annoys me that world leaders like BoJo wait until these videos are revealed and only then claim surprise and state that we really should be doing more to make Russia pay.
As though it is news to them that innocent people are being raped, tortured and killed. It is obviously happening right now, today, as you read this. Women, children, young men, old men, everyone.

It annoys me that world leaders like BoJo wait until these videos are revealed and only then claim surprise and state that we really should be doing more to make Russia pay.
As though it is news to them that innocent people are being raped, tortured and killed. It is obviously happening right now, today, as you read this. Women, children, young men, old men, everyone.

Agree completely. We’re sitting by and watching a complete massacre take place in the 21st century in Europe before our eyes.

Too frightened to do anything.

Not a fan of Blair at all but one thing you could say about him is he would’ve gone in weeks ago.

Russians are bluffing, and they know our leadership are too feeble to see empty threats for what they are.

One of the oddities of living in the UK is the constant even today reference's to the second world war. I always defended its relevance in our culture saying that is was not because we want to be seen as heroes or go on about our finest hour.

But because it is important to learn from history so it is not to be repeated. This is not a "little englander" or someone who thinks that Britain should rule the waves. But it was meant to be that we remembered it so it was never repeated.

I don't know how Europeans and include us in that can live with themselves. I will be interested what the poppy people try and say in November. The point of wearing a poppy was to never forget. I think our elected leaders have.

Agree completely. We’re sitting by and watching a complete massacre take place in the 21st century in Europe before our eyes.

Too frightened to do anything.

Not a fan of Blair at all but one thing you could say about him is he would’ve gone in weeks ago.

Russians are bluffing, and they know our leadership are too feeble to see empty threats for what they are.

Don’t be fooled, Blair wouldn’t do a thing without America.

and would probably be more in the pockets of Putin then Boris and his lot are.

https://declassifieduk.org/when-tony-blair-backed-putins-brutal-war/

Back