• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Should be rotated with Son more often, maybe getting 25% of games in a season assuming both available for selection. Don't know what will happen for next season with Gil is back, I think Gil could be an option to provide a lot of assists from the left if he plays to his potential. Bergwijn needs to do a bit better there unless he's finishing chances.

Can't help feeling that there could be a lot more coming from him. Fairly well rounded player, can do a lot of things well though perhaps lacks one or two standout attributes.

Also can't help feeling that he's likely to be on his way out come the summer. For whatever reason Conte doesn't seem to rate him as a good fit.

Not the worst situation to be in. Good squad player with potential, could probably get a decent fee for him if we sell him. But still underwhelming overall if we've already seen the best we'll see from him for us.

I think the idea that he was Kanes backup was a mistake. But we seem to have a settled front three right now. What he needs to do is get a chance and show he deserves to play. I for one would love to see him hit some heights again. He has a good work rate and a style of play. For some reason its just not hit off fully yet.

I think the idea that he was Kanes backup was a mistake. But we seem to have a settled front three right now.

The problem we have is that a settle front 3 is simply not good enough to challenge for the league title. Both City and Liverpool have 5 players they can rotate among their front 3 positions which is why they do not appear to be impacted by injuries, suspension, loss of form and AfCon.

The problem we have is that a settle front 3 is simply not good enough to challenge for the league title. Both City and Liverpool have 5 players they can rotate among their front 3 positions which is why they do not appear to be impacted by injuries, suspension, loss of form and AfCon.
But Liverpool never had great rotation options when they won the league and CL ...Origi and Shakiri as far as I remember. So.....doable with some injury luck.

But Liverpool never had great rotation options when they won the league and CL ...Origi and Shakiri as far as I remember. So.....doable with some injury luck.

We are fortunate at the moment because we are out of 3 competitions, but we are not known for having excellent luck when it comes to injuries

Definitely true, and they had other positions where they lacked good enough options in most other positions. No other CB at the quality of van Dijk is normal, but probably no natural fitting cover at full back either. Midfield was the only area they had real quality cover along with whoever partnered van Dijk.

They got away with it, but probably had to get a bit lucky with injuries and have done strengthened for that reason.

We can cope without adequate cover in the front three, if we're lucky with injuries. But right now we lack good enough options in most positions. Arguably only central midfield (Bentancur, Hojbjerg and Skipp) as well as LWB where we're not massively weakened by a single player being out. That's too much.

;);)
Definitely true, and they had other positions where they lacked good enough options in most other positions. No other CB at the quality of van Dijk is normal, but probably no natural fitting cover at full back either. Midfield was the only area they had real quality cover along with whoever partnered van Dijk.

They got away with it, but probably had to get a bit lucky with injuries and have done strengthened for that reason.

We can cope without adequate cover in the front three, if we're lucky with injuries. But right now we lack good enough options in most positions. Arguably only central midfield (Bentancur, Hojbjerg and Skipp) as well as LWB where we're not massively weakened by a single player being out. That's too much.
They did also have to deal with a lot of new cases of Asthma in the club IIRC

We are fortunate at the moment because we are out of 3 competitions, but we are not known for having excellent luck when it comes to injuries

If I’ve read it correctly you mean in relation to our squad depth but it seems odd to describe being knocked out of any competition as fortunate..

My only point was in response to not having the required options to challenge for the league (let alone the CL).... Liverpool disprove (d) that.

Can't we just play him on the right back? You know, do to him what you did to Moses, Conte. :p

Boy can get into good positions and has a natural goal scorers instinct. Now its a question of fit - maybe Conte will start rotating him more with Son and Kane, he's earned the right for more game time.

Back