• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

but there should be and we should have a moral compass. Otherwise might will always be right whether that military or financial.

and if that’s the case you can’t argue against what Putina doing in Ukraine either.

Might is always right in the societies we've built - it's the only reason the likes of the US and the UK think they can take the self righteous position. It's backed up by centuries of power creating through financial and military might, up to and including the present day.

It's what makes the virtue signaling like throwing Russia out of the world cup so hypercritical - there are plentiful reasons the same could be applied to the UK and US.
I'm not saying don't take a stand; but I am saying stay short of moral crusades.

Was Iraq not a sovereign state? What's stopping Russia from drawing parallels with the Iraq invasion ?

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

Ewen MacAskill and Julian Borger in Washington
Thu 16 Sep 2004 02.28 BST

United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/16/iraq.iraq

It's a shame they didn't show just how bad Azov have been, there are some harrowing videos showing how they are treating Russian prisoners.
(New prisoner's delivered by van to somewhere, they get out and are shot in the leg/kneecap as soon as they are out.)

Some still need to be verified, but it is amazing how little coverage it all gets media wise.

Might is always right in the societies we've built - it's the only reason the likes of the US and the UK think they can take the self righteous position. It's backed up by centuries of power creating through financial and military might, up to and including the present day.

It's what makes the virtue signaling like throwing Russia out of the world cup so hypercritical - there are plentiful reasons the same could be applied to the UK and US.
I'm not saying don't take a stand; but I am saying stay short of moral crusades.

Was defeating the nazi’s virtue signalling?

I heard male Romanian’s “of age” are being asked to return to Romania to help defend the country and that they are properly preparing for war there now. Not sure if they have intel or just contingency, I’d imagine contingency?
I was with Romania friends last night, a couple of which are very politically minded and nothing like that was mentioned.
On the other hand they may have just been a bit tinkled and not wanting to talk about the prospect of war

I was with Romania friends last night, a couple of which are very politically minded and nothing like that was mentioned.
On the other hand they may have just been a bit tinkled and not wanting to talk about the prospect of war
My in laws are Romanian and they mentioned it, but they like to spice things up occasionally or just get the wrong end of the stick, so may be a case of that.

He's definitely senile as well.

I do wonder who the puppet master is in America at the moment. I don't really know the Democrat party grandees.

Such a shame they didn't nominate someone for the present or future, like Buttigieg
They did.
But she is female, not white, not a military man or businesseman - America isn't ready for any of those yet.

They did.
But she is female, not white, not a military man or businesseman - America isn't ready for any of those yet.

How much do you think who the POTUS is matters? Maybe for voters, the news and big business...Maybe I've watched too much of House of Cards, but I think that "the administration" is a distinct possibility. Yes the one that plans "regime changes" whoever the POTUS is.

How much do you think who the POTUS is matters? Maybe for voters, the news and big business...Maybe I've watched too much of House of Cards, but I think that "the administration" is a distinct possibility. Yes the one that plans "regime changes" whoever the POTUS is.

Oh absolutely it is one big network of power brokers

That's insane. That little old man in Moscow really feels like he can do anything, doesn't he. I'm obviously speculating, but really, who else could it be?

That's insane. That little old man in Moscow really feels like he can do anything, doesn't he. I'm obviously speculating, but really, who else could it be?
Abramovich I don't have much sympathy for. We're witnessing the fall of the Roman empire built on stolen blood money. fudge him. But if it is true (and it may not be according to some) Putin tried to take out the Ukrainian peace negotiators also. Insane is the word. And some are laughably pearl-clutching because of a comment Biden made after what is widely considered one of the great speeches given by an American president.

Last edited:
Back