• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

On the sauce again? Trying to create an argument? Good luck with that.

That’s a mean spirited point to make, as well as a convenient one.

I envy your positivity but also don’t admire your willingness to shout people down raising valid concerns and not pretending everything is amazing.

At least admit that if it doesn’t matter what club we support and we should just be positive regardless, you’re playing a fool’s game here.

I don't know if you've ever had a crowd chant your name, but it gives you a massive lift. Likewise, I can imagine having a crowd slag you off or groan can do the opposite.
Liverpool fans get called a cult, but they do create an amazing atmosphere at home, and I can imagine alot of away teams have already lost walking out into that wall of sound in their stadium (I think I've seen that first hand with Spurs).
Whether we help lift or deflate our players is the only influence us fans can have in a game, and the team probably needs us more when they are not playing well.
My experience of our away support is we do this fairly well, however the home support can at times be the opposite.

Fair play to West Ham, it’s actually refreshing to see an English team treat the Europa League so seriously. And they have proven that you can play your first team in the Europa League and still challenge top 4 in the league - we had higher quality and more in depth squads yet rested a load of players every season not taking it seriously….

Fair play to West Ham, it’s actually refreshing to see an English team treat the Europa League so seriously. And they have proven that you can play your first team in the Europa League and still challenge top 4 in the league - we had higher quality and more in depth squads yet rested a load of players every season not taking it seriously….
They were excellent last night
Joe & Carlton Cole said it was the biggest night in their history (a last 16 EL game, says it all really)

I don't know if you've ever had a crowd chant your name, but it gives you a massive lift. Likewise, I can imagine having a crowd slag you off or groan can do the opposite.
Liverpool fans get called a cult, but they do create an amazing atmosphere at home, and I can imagine alot of away teams have already lost walking out into that wall of sound in their stadium (I think I've seen that first hand with Spurs).
Whether we help lift or deflate our players is the only influence us fans can have in a game, and the team probably needs us more when they are not playing well.
My experience of our away support is we do this fairly well, however the home support can at times be the opposite.
You almost had me until you mentioned Liverpool and atmosphere
I’m guessing your talking from a perspective of watching on TV because I’ve been there 11 or 12 times and the atmosphere has always been poor. I’ve also sat in their corporate on two of those occasions and it was quite noticeable that the away fans created the noise
But everything else I agree with

Never said the fans are at fault. Just saying giving a positive atmosphere can help the team. Hinder the opposition and influence decisions. It's nothing new. Home advantage has always been a thing. If the crowd get behind the team.
If the team is good enough home advantage doesn't matter. It helps in the marginal cases. The trick is not let games be marginal in the first place. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

it did make me laugh
If that’s the biggest game got them then the players who actually win trophies there must be turning in their graves

This is just pure hyperbole...I'd say moreso than Chelsea pre financial doping West Ham have a rich history of amazing nights which included ECWC victory in 1965 and more recently winning the FA Cup as a second division side in 1980. They should be rightly proud of their victory over such revered opposition last night - perhaps as a relative comparison on par with us beating Inter in 2010.

I see the two PL games following the next round are Brentford away and Burnley home - I'd expect them to win both of those despite playing on the Thursdays beforehand.

I’m guessing your talking from a perspective of watching on TV because I’ve been there 11 or 12 times and the atmosphere has always been poor. I’ve also sat in their corporate on two of those occasions and it was quite noticeable that the away fans created the noise

I've seen it mentioned a few times on here but where this reputation of a good positive atmosphere comes from i do not know as other than singing YNWA at kick off it's no different to any other PL ground.

I've seen it mentioned a few times on here but where this reputation of a good positive atmosphere comes from i do not know as other than singing YNWA at kick off it's no different to any other PL ground.
Anfield has n impressive atmosphere on the big European nights but yeah other than that it's pretty much like any other ground. It's all in the players head's if we are honest. Some let an atmosphere get to them, a lot of great ones don't.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Basing it on being there a couple of times.

Well conte said in his interview today, that it's important the fans create a positive atmosphere on sunday. (Around 8:20)

Looking at the fixtures this is still possible, BUT we need as close to 12 pts from our next four matches; West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and Brighton.

Arse then go into their toughest run...

Ramsdale set to miss England games with “hip” injury. Our players literally never pull this brick, they can’t seem to wait to get away!

Back