• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Are you joking, screaming in the face of a player who has just scored an own goal? It’s classless.

It was Maguire, anything he's involved in is classless. I cheered at his sad little (big) face and again when Romero gave it some. A temporary moment of classlessness but I'm confident my class is permanent :rolleyes:

No, because we have Kane, he’s a worth a goal a game, we just need to close the other end and it’ll be win, win, win, ad infinitum
Without CBs who can pass the ball we won't be getting it up field to Kane in good positions (A lot of the passes that Kane receives and turns to play other players in with come from our CBs). When you (try to) protect your defence by playing with 3 CBs instead of 2, you take out a player who can usually contribute to an attack, unless you ensure that your CBs are comfortable on the ball and can pass progressively (as Conte looks for). We either move away from the 3 at the back (doesn't seem to be something Conte wants to do) or we make sure that our back three can all play a progressive passing game as required by the manager.

Without CBs who can pass the ball we won't be getting it up field to Kane in good positions (A lot of the passes that Kane receives and turns to play other players in with come from our CBs). When you (try to) protect your defence by playing with 3 CBs instead of 2, you take out a player who can usually contribute to an attack, unless you ensure that your CBs are comfortable on the ball and can pass progressively (as Conte looks for). We either move away from the 3 at the back (doesn't seem to be something Conte wants to do) or we make sure that our back three can all play a progressive passing game as required by the manager.

He can come back and get it from Hugo himself the lazy fudger. The game is too easy for him as it is.

Surprised to see this from you I must say. I don't think screaming in someone's face after they have made a mistake shows a good attitude at all. I'd rather he had just celebrated the goal instead of trying to rub Maguire's nose in it.

I have seen a lot worse ( and heard worse) during a game, heat of the moment and we will never know if Mquire had said something earlier to Romero. Football players are not usually made up of snowflakes ( unlike some fans) and i think some are getting over emotional about it to be honest. Takes all sorts though i guess.

I understand the criticism of his defending of aerial balls but his general defensive play has been decent to good. Sanchez has also had some good games this season particularly under Nuno but he's always prone to one his fudgeups that make him timid and indecisive for the rest of the match. Romero has never seemed affected by a mistake although I can't really think of an outright mistake rather than just not being good enough in a particular situation.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If only Sessegnon had half so much confidence in his own abilities.

Definitely agree. Would also agree if we played with two centre backs. We've seen both how useful that can be (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), and also the negative effects of not having that.

We tried under both Mourinho and Nuno to defend, keep a clean sheet, hope something happens because we have Kane and Son.

It's not enough. It won't be enough. We have to do better.

That 3rd was a typically poor defensive organization from us, from set pieces into the box...

The 2nd could also have been made a bit more difficult for Ronaldo, if Ben Davies was awake...

And the 1st should also have been attacked by Eric Dier instead of the effort he put in to get his body out way...

I’ve lost count of how many years this has been the case actually, so I’m inclined to question the coaching methods!

Conte hasn't been here long enough for this to be on his coaching methods imo.

The quality of the players, combined with frequent changes of management, changing styles, and perhaps also coaching methods for me.

If he stays I hope someone has a word with him about calming down, on a yellow after a stupid tackle then squares up to someone when 2-0 up

Clearly has talent but needs to stop with this stuff and concentrate

I'm rather convinced he'll stay.

I don't think squaring up like that gets you a second yellow. He's been taken off a couple of times when on a yellow after putting in a tough tackle iirc. But he clearly adjusts his game when on a yellow. He's surely used to playing on a yellow from earlier in his career as well. He has been sent off before, but not some ridiculous number for an aggressive centre back.

I think he usually quite in control of his aggression. Needs to keep working on it, but it's not much of an issue imo.

I think he usually quite in control of his aggression. Needs to keep working on it, but it's not much of an issue imo.
Recently he's put in some silly challenges when a player is facing away from goal, 40 yards out, by the touchline, no danger to Spurs at all and then WHOMP! Romero cleans him out. Dumb play.

Back