• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT BRIGHTON V SPURS**

They need a proper striker. It would take so much pressure off midfield.
You live in the area, do you get to see them often? Every time I’ve seen bits of them on TV they’ve always looked pretty impressive with the ball. Is losing 6 games in a row a fair reflection? Personally I’m surprised they’re not higher up the table

How on earth did Mason as VAR official not overturn that incorrect pen decision at the end
I thought VAR was there to correct clear and obvious errors
It was a penalty, but so was the PEH handball, it can't believe how that was glossed over, it was stonewall.
Not VAR's greatest game.

You live in the area, do you get to see them often? Every time I’ve seen bits of them on TV they’ve always looked pretty impressive with the ball. Is losing 6 games in a row a fair reflection? Personally I’m surprised they’re not higher up the table

I have gone a few times with friends who have season tickets. There play is good but the squad is small, their reserves are a lot lower in quality and it effects there league form.

They massively need a striker or two.

Thought we were allright. Certainly not as bad as we've been at times when games have come in quick succession.

Defensively solid, good counter attacking, still struggle to create much against a settled team. But continuing to play with bravery and some quality when pressed high, some decent attacking moves even when they were settled and deep.

Can build on this, only question is if we will do that.

Thought we were allright. Certainly not as bad as we've been at times when games have come in quick succession.

Defensively solid, good counter attacking, still struggle to create much against a settled team. But continuing to play with bravery and some quality when pressed high, some decent attacking moves even when they were settled and deep.

Can build on this, only question is if we will do that.
The system was very clearly in place and has been for the last couple of games. The systemic way we attempt to spread the balls to the wing, obvious from Kane but also from Reggie tonight, Hojberg and Bentancur in previous matches.

The shape is there, the system is in place. We've added Bentancur and Kulu who massively help implement it. Until the end of the season I think we will see incremental improvements in our application of the system. As the players get further into the rhythm and believe in what they are being asked to do.

We do still struggle against a set defense and that likely will continue till the end of the season. We have the personnel that we have and that is the best we can hope for.

It's feeling positive even with the frustrating loss to United recently.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The system was very clearly in place and has been for the last couple of games. The systemic way we attempt to spread the balls to the wing, obvious from Kane but also from Reggie tonight, Hojberg and Bentancur in previous matches.

The shape is there, the system is in place. We've added Bentancur and Kulu who massively help implement it. Until the end of the season I think we will see incremental improvements in our application of the system. As the players get further into the rhythm and believe in what they are being asked to do.

We do still struggle against a set defense and that likely will continue till the end of the season. We have the personnel that we have and that is the best we can hope for.

It's feeling positive even with the frustrating loss to United recently.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Very much agreed. Incremental improvement, can't ask for much more. Obviously hoping something just clicks into place and we step up massively in that regard, but that's at best a long shot.

If we can keep moving in the right direction that will serve us well.

Kulu and Bentancur, Romero back in, think Doherty has shown himself to be a step up. A worry is that we're short on quality backup/options in several areas so any injuries may prove really costly.

That's why talk of "so and so isn't a CL player" is nonsense. Most of those boys + Foyth showed very little with us yet they are in the quarters of the CL after dingdonging Juve away from home. If they can do that, the likes of Dier, Hojbjerg and some of the other lads who get slated on here are more than good enough to play in the CL. It's really about how well the team/squad play together rather than having 11 "top 4 players".

And trying or believing.
I've often said that there is little wrinv with our players technically, but for whatever reason they come here and lose all hunger or belief.

Very much agreed. Incremental improvement, can't ask for much more. Obviously hoping something just clicks into place and we step up massively in that regard, but that's at best a long shot.

If we can keep moving in the right direction that will serve us well.

Kulu and Bentancur, Romero back in, think Doherty has shown himself to be a step up. A worry is that we're short on quality backup/options in several areas so any injuries may prove really costly.

Doherty did not record a single tackle, clearance or interception and was unable to land a successful cross or key pass, as well as losing possession 15 times (via SofaScore)

Just saw the Kane goal again, that is seriously shocking goalkeeping, if Lloris did that I’d be livid. His starting position must have been on the edge of the box for the through ball, if he goes forward to the ball instead of backwards then it’s not even a chance. Kane doesn’t get to the ball until he’s about 15 yards out.

Doherty did not record a single tackle, clearance or interception and was unable to land a successful cross or key pass, as well as losing possession 15 times (via SofaScore)
He was absolute dogcrap, wonder what people see in him. This is a not a day off, he has these stats on a regular basis. Would play Royal over him, but I consider both to be weak players.

They created very little down that side iirc. Him, Romero, Kulusevski, midfielders were in good control. Not some standout performance by him at all, but fine. Can defend well without direct tackles, interceptions or clearances. In some circumstances at least.

Crossing isn't his strength, it's not how he's being asked to play now either.

Some decent combination play, got forward. Decent all round. Not great. But alright.

Very much agreed. Incremental improvement, can't ask for much more. Obviously hoping something just clicks into place and we step up massively in that regard.

All we need is for Son to find some form. Not such a long shot. At the moment it is like playing with 10 men.

Well that stat is nonsense, I’m watching a re run of the game now and he makes a tackle a minute of two into the second half and another one a couple of minutes after so I would question who is recording those stats at the legendary SofaScore….

Back