• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - The Race For 4th Place

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 39

This week, @thfcsteff, @awesome dawson, @GPRD81 and @milo look back at Spurs tight defeat to Ronaldo at Old Trafford while also delving comprehensively into the top 4 race. Using a combination of statistical knowledge and fresh squeezed lemonaura, you’ll hear who is going to take that 4th place spot and why. You’ll also hear why, if they don’t, it will an equally amazing thing. The Game Is About Glory brings you sharp answers and aural lemonade. Start listening…now!

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Very good podcast. I think you did a great job assessing each club's chances of getting the fourth spot, while still throwing those of us who need the psychological lifeline of hope, something to cling to.

The long-suffering Spurs pessimist in me was listening to your show thinking, how can an as yet unforeseen banning of chelsea, because of Roman's Russian connections, redound to Tottenham's, inevitable, humiliation. For instance, Spurs coming 6th because of a late collapse versus Norwich last day of the season, meaning Wham or Wolves get 5th, which in this scenario gets them in the Champions League. Surely there must be other Sod's Law permutations that would see Tottenham getting the metaphorical rake in the face. ;)

Very good podcast. I think you did a great job assessing each club's chances of getting the fourth spot, while still throwing those of us who need the psychological lifeline of hope, something to cling to.

The long-suffering Spurs pessimist in me was listening to your show thinking, how can an as yet unforeseen banning of chelsea, because of Roman's Russian connections, redound to Tottenham's, inevitable, humiliation. For instance, Spurs coming 6th because of a late collapse versus Norwich last day of the season, meaning Wham or Wolves get 5th, which in this scenario gets them in the Champions League. Surely there must be other Sod's Law permutations that would see Tottenham getting the metaphorical rake in the face. ;)

Cheers Alaric. I think that the obvious way that Chelsea's problems can bite us on the arse is that we have already played our games against them but Arsenal and Man Utd have games to play. If Chelsea's form collapses because of everything that is going on, it would give them an advantage

Just when I was waiting / hoping for someone to whip out the average position of clubs the fourth placed challengers have to face, @milo whipped out the big one. Bravo on that!

One point I thought that wasn’t covered re: Son’s current form, and I’d be interested in, is your views on whether his recent hamstring injury is playing on his mind. From personal experience, there’s potential for psychological scarring as much as physical scarring with these kinds of injuries. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Just when I was waiting / hoping for someone to whip out the average position of clubs the fourth placed challengers have to face, @milo whipped out the big one. Bravo on that!

One point I thought that wasn’t covered re: Son’s current form, and I’d be interested in, I’d your views on is whether his recent hamstring injury is playing on his mind. From personal experience, there’s potential for psychological scarring as much as physical scarring with these kinds of injuries. What do you guys think?

That's a good point on Son's hamstring. He pulled up and looked concerned in a game a few weeks ago

One point I thought that wasn’t covered re: Son’s current form, and I’d be interested in, is your views on whether his recent hamstring injury is playing on his mind. From personal experience, there’s potential for psychological scarring as much as physical scarring with these kinds of injuries. What do you guys think?
I think he's ok psychologically...I've seen him making off the ball after burner runs. It just not quite happening for him at the moment, still grabbing goals though. And we always have the upside hope of a proper Sonny hot streak to help our top 4 run.

Could do with reassessing his footwear though?

Cheers Alaric. I think that the obvious way that Chelsea's problems can bite us on the arse is that we have already played our games against them but Arsenal and Man Utd have games to play. If Chelsea's form collapses because of everything that is going on, it would give them an advantage

Yes, I am sure this is a lot more possible than my scenario, but, in fairness, I was searching a worst case to rival Lasagna Gate or chelsea winning the 2012(?) champions League.

I know i'm late to this one, but hey ho.
Two things, Ronaldo didn't "just happen to have a marvellous game" against us, it's what he does.
Its why he is a legend in world football, and harry kane is a legend in north London.

Secondly, @thfcsteff anytime you Want to swop california for Scotland you just let me know mate.

I know i'm late to this one, but hey ho.
Two things, Ronaldo didn't "just happen to have a marvellous game" against us, it's what he does.
Its why he is a legend in world football, and harry kane is a legend in north London.

Secondly, @thfcsteff anytime you Want to swop california for Scotland you just let me know mate.

I was in the Highlands again last Oct (proper Highlands -Scourie!) and it remains one of my favourite places in the world!

Back