• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manure***

Ronaldo scored his second because Reguillon couldn't play offside and third from terrible defending at a corner. Neither were cutting teams open, they were poor defending.

I mean, for the offside, you could make the argument for every goal ever scored from open play - 'if X, Y or Z had stepped up, he would have been offside'. A good pass and good finish are a good pass and good finish.

Same for the third - Ronaldo didn't just stand there and let the ball come to him, he ran and lost his marker. Every chance is because of a defensive lapse, but that doesn't take away from the play that makes it - general rule in football.

United made lapses too - we couldn't do brick. None of our chances were as clear as Ronaldo's.

Eh. Put Bergwijn in for about 12 games without subbing him and make the comparison. I'd wager he would do better.

Son is just awful right now, and I have no idea why. Long COVID, maybe.

Bergwijn has scored 6 goals in 50 games for us. Now I know the counter argument is that he's never had a great run in the team but I genuinely think it's one of those cases of a player getting better in the heads of fans the longer he's out of the team.

Son is close to undroppable for me.

We would had the chances imo but didn’t even pull the the trigger when in quick enough
I have to give credit to United there. They did great work swarming around their box. We never really had a moment like Ronaldo's first where Dier allowed him room for the shot. We could have tried more snapshots but United hustled very well today.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We were nowhere near as bad as some are making out here.
Always chasing the game was absolutely key, if we score first we win today.
Kane was poor partly because Matic closed off those pockets he normally drops into.
Son, somebody get him some new boots, wtf was the slipping on his arse constantly all about.
Anyone else notice Romero screaming into Maguire's face after our 2nd? The brickhousery is definitely an Argentine speciality.
I'm disappointed with the result but lads, it's Tottenham.
Screamed into Maguire’s face and then lost us the game by losing his player. Pathetic.

Bergwijn has scored 6 goals in 50 games for us. Now I know the counter argument is that he's never had a great run in the team but I genuinely think it's one of those cases of a player getting better in the heads of fans the longer he's out of the team.

Son is close to undroppable for me.

True, but that point about a run in the team still stands.

Son is undroppable, plays every minute. Give Bergwijn that security for 12 games, see what happens.

Screamed into Maguire’s face and then lost us the game by losing his player. Pathetic.

I don't think he did, honestly. It seemed like he was stooping to head it in and then shouted as the goal went in - didn't look to me like he was mocking Maguire or anything.

Why would he? He isn't Brazilian, he's a hapless Englishman Romero doesn't know and is at the opposite end of the field to him, so no chance at a flashpoint in game.

True, but that point about a run in the team still stands.

Son is undroppable, plays every minute. Give Bergwijn that security for 12 games, see what happens.
Bergwijn should be given the chance if Son's form is poor. Even dropping him for a single match might do him the world of good.

I can't though see Bergwijn scoring more than him over an extended run of games, but like you say what's the point in having a squad if you don't use it.

PEH was fine, this website spacegoats him no end.

I agree with the spacegoat point but our midfield evaporated for their first goal and Pierre was part of that.

It seemed nailed on for Ronaldo to get a hatrick from that point, Reggie screwing the offside trap and Romero losing him for the third..

Frustrating result as keeping it 2 - 2 would have been very respectable.

Agree
Pierre has a spell where he was pork but he got back on it

reggie is just average at everything imo
And Romero has a really poor record on set pieces now
Romero is really winding me up. Rubbish at defending set pieces, Gives away needless fouls. Celebrated in Maguire’s face after his own goal - save that for the end of the game when we’ve won if you must do it, but don’t spur your opponent on. He’s just not as good as he thinks he is.

Too easy to knee jerk in football these days, we played well today and if we'd won it would have been a fair result. Having said that, why is it always us? Ronald's first hattrick since returning to United and it was debatable if he'd even be picked today.

I have to give credit to United there. They did great work swarming around their box. We never really had a moment like Ronaldo's first where Dier allowed him room for the shot. We could have tried more snapshots but United hustled very well today.

we did
Son slipped on one
Kane passed wide
There were chances
But we just fluffed them

We were brick, only Kulu really did himself any favors and amazingly he was subbed off, yet we still didn’t deserve to lose the game. Utd are really poor yet we’ve lost twice to them and Ronaldo, who can’t get a kick v Norwich has scored 4 v us. We are psychologically fudged.

Dier? The man who stood 500 yards off Ronaldo for goal 1, and who completely lost his run in behind for goal two?

Dier had credit? Mate, please reassess. :p

You want people shooting from there, because Hugo isn’t getting beaten from 25 yards if he’s awake.

It could have gone either way in my opinion when the scores were level.
Should have been a bit braver in the final third but honestly I thought we did ok, definitely not brick. but was never going to be a 1-6 scoreline

Back