• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

I think the past couple of seasons have demonstrated that the decline we saw on domestic front in the latter stages of Pochettino’s reign were more on account of the squad getting stale rather than his coaching methods becoming trite.
IMO, his methods need a fairly high turnover of players as he flogs them to death. But he also seemed knackered.

IMO, his methods need a fairly high turnover of players as he flogs them to death. But he also seemed knackered.

Yeah, as Pochettino didn’t take a leaf out of Ferguson’s book and regularly change his coaching team then refreshing the squad was even more vital for him.

We really needed heirs for Wanyama and Dembele to be signed a year earlier due to how hard they had to work, as Winks plus Sissoko proved to be inferior understudies and both should’ve been upgraded upon once that was apparent… perhaps Levy believes that there is a coach out there who can turn Winks back into the player who once outshone Modric at Wembley!

I came across this clip on Twitter. Watch from 3:45. Realised I still haven't quite got over him even after 4 managers later.

One day he will return, I’m sure of it. For now, Conte is the right manager to lead us forwards. I have a lot of appreciation and respect for Pochettino and just how good we were under him, albeit without marked success.

Seems to be doing wonders with serial underdogs PSG, after tonight they might even win Ligue Un this season!

May be best for the Poch thread in general.

FWIW i’d hate it if he went to Utd in the summer and re-established their dominance in the league. The smallest part of me would be happy for him on a personal level, the largest part of me would hate it due to it not being with us.

Seems to be doing wonders with serial underdogs PSG, after tonight they might even win Ligue Un this season!

May be best for the Poch thread in general.

FWIW i’d hate it if he went to Utd in the summer and re-established their dominance in the league. The smallest part of me would be happy for him on a personal level, the largest part of me would hate it due to it not being with us.

the problems there are too deep, he wouldn't be given the time

they should absolutely hire him though, he's the best manager they could get (they won't go back to Jose, Conte is with us, and AVB wouldn't take it, everyone else is brick)

would be nice for us for him to be parked there whilst Conte has a good few years before he comes back

they should absolutely hire him though, he's the best manager they could get (they won't go back to Jose, Conte is with us, and AVB wouldn't take it, everyone else is brick)

would be nice for us for him to be parked there whilst Conte has a good few years before he comes back

Genuinely no disrespect intended but I don’t know if there is a poster that I agree more with in off topic more with but in Spurs news and views less!

Don’t know who else would link AVB for the upcoming Utd job apart from him and his mum but I guess I wouldn’t have guessed Rangnick either.

I don’t think he wants to go to United, think he only wants to come back to us if he takes a PL job. He might not have much choice if there are no other suitable positions though and if he wants to stay with top end clubs.

Last edited:
Prefer Conte with us while Poch learns to win things with united.

I think it will take more than poch for utd to win trophies.
Other than the odd league cup or fluke f a cup they are miles away from winning anything worthwhile. Or at least worthwhile in their eyes.
They need gutting, from the very top.

Back