• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2021/22

fist time to the new stadium. how bad is it trying to catch a train to liverpool street from white hart lane station after final whistle? how long before getting to board the train? last time i did a 8pm game was still the old WHL, left slightly early because my children were still young.

would walking to tottenham hale tube station make more sense?

fist time to the new stadium. how bad is it trying to catch a train to liverpool street from white hart lane station after final whistle? how long before getting to board the train? last time i did a 8pm game was still the old WHL, left slightly early because my children were still young.

Haven't used WHL since the new stadium has been built, but Northumberland Park always seems very busy heading north, but relatively quiet heading into London?

Haven't used WHL since the new stadium has been built, but Northumberland Park always seems very busy heading north, but relatively quiet heading into London?
Oh why? I am not very into walking so everytime I get a game (which is usually years since I live in Asia) I use white hart Lane.

Oh why? I am not very into walking so everytime I get a game (which is usually years since I live in Asia) I use white hart Lane.
WHL is obviously closer, and probably why its busier heading to London, but Northumberland Park is a lot closer than Tottenham Hale, and on the same train line. But I don't travel into London after a game, so perhaps someone who does can advise.

WHL is obviously closer, and probably why its busier heading to London, but Northumberland Park is a lot closer than Tottenham Hale, and on the same train line. But I don't travel into London after a game, so perhaps someone who does can advise.
Ah got it now. Close to 60,000 fans exiting at the same time. Going to be interesting. I survived champion league night at Wembley when we were there I am sure I will find a way back to my hotel. Just hope the missus don't get lost. Maybe not.

Ah got it now. Close to 60,000 fans exiting at the same time. Going to be interesting. I survived champion league night at Wembley when we were there I am sure I will find a way back to my hotel. Just hope the missus don't get lost. Maybe not.
My advice is either leave a few minutes early or stay for 45 minutes after the game and then go catch a train
I always go to NUM as the trains are quicker into LST than from WHL

I often walk to Tottenham Hale, evening games the trains will be empty… but it’s a bloody long walk!

Northumberland Park is busy right after the final whistle, but give it 15 to 20 mins and it’s easy to get a train.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/march/spurs-v-everton-travel-update-for-monday-nights-game/?utm_campaign=2134479_Everton%20Match%20Attenders%20GA%20-%20STH%20%28not%201882%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tottenham%20Hotspur%20Football%20Club&dm_i=4DMQ,19QZ3,4PA18M,5UXN4,1

I often walk to Tottenham Hale, evening games the trains will be empty… but it’s a bloody long walk!

Northumberland Park is busy right after the final whistle, but give it 15 to 20 mins and it’s easy to get a train.

I walked to Tottenham Hale once, after a game in January, just as dusk was falling. Have rarely felt as intimidated - and I grew up in Belfast in the 70s and 80s. :D

To answer the original question, you need to allow 30-40 minutes to get on to a train at WHL if leaving at the final whistle. If you’re lucky you might do it in 20. Where you’re exiting the ground from makes a difference.

I walked to Tottenham Hale once, after a game in January, just as dusk was falling. Have rarely felt as intimidated - and I grew up in Belfast in the 70s and 80s. :D

Man up! 50k + Spurs fans change the complexion on any place. It is a bit of a schlep but if you're going back in to town you're rewarded with an empty train at Tottenham Hale rather than the full one at the next station Seven Sisters. That said the wait at WHL is not that long or alternatively as markysimmo say have a beer and wait 45 minutes and get straight on.

Thanks so much for the replies. Now I just need a good game on Monday night.

If you use Northumberland Park, be aware that some trains go to Liverpool Street and some go to Stratford. It's easy just to jump on a train already there when you get down onto the platform without checking which one it is if you don't realise and there is not much signage on the platforms at NP.

A second 'be aware' : if either of you have mobility issues, Northumberland Park now has a long wending ramp system you have to walk up to get from street level to platform. It's a pain especially if it is not very busy as it takes so much longer, but on the plus side if there are crowds then it does keep everyone moving.

Enjoy the game!

If you use Northumberland Park, be aware that some trains go to Liverpool Street and some go to Stratford. It's easy just to jump on a train already there when you get down onto the platform without checking which one it is if you don't realise and there is not much signage on the platforms at NP.

A second 'be aware' : if either of you have mobility issues, Northumberland Park now has a long wending ramp system you have to walk up to get from street level to platform. It's a pain especially if it is not very busy as it takes so much longer, but on the plus side if there are crowds then it does keep everyone moving.

Enjoy the game!
That ramp! They were so scared of a lift being vandalised, they built the longest ramp in the world.

The ramp adds at least another 5 minutes onto you getting onto the platform so makes sure you factor that in too
It is a massive pain especially if you get stuck behind anybody walking slowly

Back