• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Omt - Tottenham vs Boro

Theres no one else now with Ndombele and GLC on loan and Bentancur and Skipp injured. Our midfield which was of low quality anyway is basically threadbare. We probably need 3 CMs in the summer. That can include Sarr as an option but a minimum of 1 other but preferably 2.

That was the issue tonight
The players were trying IMO but just didn’t have it in the tank
We were overloaded in midfield and you could see Pierre was running in treacle and winks had no time
Out forwards were well off and looked leggy and it’s at we were turned on the counter from them
No one on the bench he could turn too to change the midfield unless he was brave
Conte is not a brave manager, he is a process manager

The players were clearly knackered and its hardly surprising when they have just played saturday, wednesday, saturday, tuesday plus extra time.

I warned of the consequences for tonight if we didnt make wholesale changes for the leeds game. Our squad is desperately weak and cannot cope with injuries for extended periods, especially in central midfield. Missing bentancur and skipp during this last period has especially killed us. Lucas too as an option off the bench.

Hopefully we can get a europa league place and then in the summer we need two new centre backs, two new right wing backs, another central midfielder, another wide forward and another striker.

AND of the right top quality so we need to be spending a total of around £200m on those players. Enic get the investment in or fudge off!

Conte. Zero points. Wrong team, wrong tactics , poor subs ( and too late) lack of enthusiasm from him. Played on the back foot. Ceded initiative. No movement. No desire. An anemic performance. Just like Burnley. Second best all over the park. No plan B. No pace to our game. Just appalling.
That was far worse than Burnley.... Burnley was one of those games that looked like a nil nil until Romero lost their player on a set piece. Tonight we were second best for most of the game to a Championship team that will probably remain a Championship team at the end of the season.

Ah fudge, I wasn't going to have a go but him and PEH were fudging appalling. Backwards and sideways. Winks is a bit more adventurous than PEH but that's more a reflection on PEH. The one where even Murphy was exasperated and said "too safe". We're 1 down with 3 mins of extra time to go and he lays one off to the right back or centre back rather than looking ahead. And the 20 yard ball he put out of play at the end? Jesus Christ. This lad talks the talk as if he's some sort of winner but he's a nothing player. And Winks, sad to say, is not much better. I'm almost longing for Sissoko back.

FHFY

Manager error then? It was obvious on my TV that he was completely over the top.
100%
Big he was never gonna bring on white so he was stuck
I fully expect some complaints about the players that have gone recurring again soon
But tonight he will highlight the effort of the players IMO

I've only read the last three pages of this thread but there is hardly any criticism of Conte...

This defeat is mainly down to him as he set us up to pull back every time they had the ball.... That gave Boro confidence on the ball as they weren't playing in danger areas but they weren't reckless as regards being caught on the break...

If mourinho or Nuno were the manager they would have been slaughtered...

No player is bigger than the club and nor is any manager and if Conte thinks he's too good for us then he can f...k off now...

I'm sick of it..

I can't accept tiredness for tonight. They made one change I think from a defeat to Barnsley on Saturday.

These boys should be embarrassed by that. We could all see second half, Middlesbrough just wanted it more. You get this brick after every big win of "We have to take this on and use it as a foundation". How you do that is bust a nut in these games and dig out a result when you aren't playing well. Our boys were fudging cowardly tonight. I fudging hope there are some fists thrown in that dressing room tonight. Now I think of it, there was one Hugo gonad*ed PEH out of it for losing the ball softly and not doing enough to get it back. Hope he remembered that at full time.

Tonight is absolutely not acceptable. If you lose, fair enough but the manner of the defeat has made me angrier than I've been for a long time.
Great cup game and we lost its, no big deal.

4 games in 9 days?

we needed to make it count first half eh.

Conte needs to take them to Spain or Dubai for a mini-break, then power us on into the CL.

The players were clearly knackered and its hardly surprising when they have just played saturday, wednesday, saturday, tuesday plus extra time.

I warned of the consequences for tonight if we didnt make wholesale changes for the leeds game. Our squad is desperately weak and cannot cope with injuries for extended periods, especially in central midfield. Missing bentancur and skipp during this last period has especially killed us. Lucas too as an option off the bench.

Hopefully we can get a europa league place and then in the summer we need two new centre backs, two new right wing backs, another central midfielder, another wide forward and another striker.

AND of the right top quality so we need to be spending a total of around £200m on those players. Enic get the investment in or fudge off!

I’m wondering if this is the comedown from how hard we worked when he first arrived. Be interesting to see running stats from last few games compared to when we were running the most in the league.

I've only read the last three pages of this thread but there is hardly any criticism of Conte...

This defeat is mainly down to him as he set us up to pull back every time they had the ball.... That gave Boro confidence on the ball as they weren't playing in danger areas but they weren't reckless as regards being caught on the break...

No player is bigger than the club and nor is any manager and if Conte thinks he's too good for us then he can f...k off now...

I'm sick of it..

Yeah, because some of these players have done so well in this type of game under four other managers…:rolleyes:

That was the issue tonight
The players were trying IMO but just didn’t have it in the tank
We were overloaded in midfield and you could see Pierre was running in treacle and winks had no time
Out forwards were well off and looked leggy and it’s at we were turned on the counter from them
No one on the bench he could turn too to change the midfield unless he was brave
Conte is not a brave manager, he is a process manager
I’d have put White on for Winks or Hojberg very early in to extra time.

would have loved to get Devine on as well, but don’t think that was an option really.

I’d have put White on for Winks or Hojberg very early in to extra time.

would have loved to get Devine on as well, but don’t think that was an option really.
Shame he didn’t try them though
The buzz for them may have helped
As I say… he is Italian and his teams in Italy and England have always been older and have a Nucleus of 15/16 players that win the trophies with another 10 that kinda join in as and when

I can't accept tiredness for tonight. They made one change I think from a defeat to Barnsley on Saturday.

These boys should be embarrassed by that. We could all see second half, Middlesbrough just wanted it more. You get this brick after every big win of "We have to take this on and use it as a foundation". How you do that is bust a nut in these games and dig out a result when you aren't playing well. Our boys were fudging cowardly tonight. I fudging hope there are some fists thrown in that dressing room tonight. Now I think of it, there was one Hugo gonad*ed PEH out of it for losing the ball softly and not doing enough to get it back. Hope he remembered that at full time.

Tonight is absolutely not acceptable. If you lose, fair enough but the manner of the defeat has made me angrier than I've been for a long time.

Tired, fudging tired after a stroll in the park second half on Saturday.
Unbelievable that some just won't see it and keep making excuses.

Great cup game and we lost its, no big deal.

Like Danny Murphy it appears you’re on the wind up tonight.

If you’re not bothered about losing tonight then fantastic for you pal, but what does it help coming on here and getting bothered about people who do actually care?

“Dry your eyes” - How about fudge right off?

Stopped watching before the end of normal time. It reminded me of playing Southampton away under Hoddle. I lost count of the number of backwards passes when we needed a forward pass -the dreaded Winks Hojberg combination at it again. Thought the front 3 were pretty dreadful as well, losing possession continuously.
This is what you get when the Chairman, who is also the MD, thinks that it is cheaper to hire and fire managers than to construct a decent squad. Appalling to think that under ENIC we have won what? One league cup in over 20 years.

Yes, but he was as awful as the rest, and it's not the first time, or 2nd, or third, or fourth.
He was nowhere near as awful as Winks or Hojbjerg or Son.

I find it ridiculous to blame the person who is head and shoulders the best player at the club because he was unable to pull the rest of our rabble up from a level well below mediocre.

Harry Kane is sometimes absolutely sublime... When he is we tend to win. The problem is that we seem to be reliant on Kane having sublime performances for us to win a game and that simply isn't going to happen. THFC without Harry Kane at the moment is a probably a team battling relegation, especially when you consider the fact that our transfer track suggests that we would replace him very badly indeed when he eventually does go.

I'm sick of it..

Read my posts. They are pretty much exclusively questioning what he was doing with this system tonight….

We should have played to beat Boro whilst the players had a bit of juice in their legs. He changed it up too late, then change it back and we conceded. We were done for then.

Back