• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

I think most players who have played in Italy have learnt an important lesson in the game, the ball is a precious item and must be looked after rather than recklessly given away, we have continually lacked the ability to hold the ball, I realise our tactic is to play a counter attacking game and at times needs early passing but it is necessary to not lose possession as often as we have in the past. It certainly gives players the confidence to move forward if you know you have players who will not lose the ball and put you in a vulnerable position.

Kulu has great in game intelligence. He knows its a team game, so knows when to hold it, knows when to make moves, and knows when to progress it quickly. Obviously has an eye for goal and physically looks like he'll cope with this league no problem.

And just 21 years old as well.

It gives us a chance to sell Moura. He'll be 30 at the start of next season with 2 years left in his contract. Almost the last point we'll be able to get a good fee for him.
We could probably get a big chunk for Moura as we pay out for Kulu due to his rep
And we could use some of the money to buy an actual striker

I think most players who have played in Italy have learnt an important lesson in the game, the ball is a precious item and must be looked after rather than recklessly given away, we have continually lacked the ability to hold the ball, I realise our tactic is to play a counter attacking game and at times needs early passing but it is necessary to not lose possession as often as we have in the past. It certainly gives players the confidence to move forward if you know you have players who will not lose the ball and put you in a vulnerable position.
So how do you explain Lamela?

Actually, that's a stupid question. Lamela doesn't get explained. Lamela explains YOU.

Morata plays there as a striker and he has only a scored 5 goals this season
With many more minutes
There not a free flowing attacking side now. There the lowest scoring side in the top half and I don’t think they will get CL
Their actually very bland and quite poor
There similar to United
That Morata is a shocking finisher is probably not helping either.

So how do you explain Lamela?

Actually, that's a stupid question. Lamela doesn't get explained. Lamela explains YOU.
Lamela wasn't particularly good or effective. A fan favourite but in reality didn't do the job we bought him for. I say that as someone who liked him, but it's the truth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Lamela wasn't particularly good or effective. A fan favourite but in reality didn't do the job we bought him for. I say that as someone who liked him, but it's the truth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
But in Italy he was class
He is was bale lite
It’s why I was so pleased we got him
But I agree he didn’t do the job we needed him to do most of the time
And of course his insane ability of getting injured in training but never whilst playing

Could not agree more, early days of course but the signs are good and he is still really developing as a player at 21.

Definitely.

Think his first touch and how he uses his body when receiving the ball would be a good place to see some development. He's fairly big and strong, but only rarely makes the ball stick by just taking a touch to shield the ball.

There's a benefit to trying the fancy touch to possibly get some separation, keep the tempo up. But too often that seems to give defenders the chance to nick in.

Perhaps an adjustment thing, not sure if it's technical. May be it's what Conte wants, bigger upside when it works.

Thought he was poor last night but will let him off as he is a newbie..........
I thought he was hot and cold and lost the ball a
lot more than his Prem appearances. That said he still contributed to our better moments and never his from the ball. I’d have kept him on ahead of Son tbh, Bergwijn just seems to run with the ball until he either scores or loses it when we probably needed a calm head when we seeking an equaliser. It was one of those games where the lucky underdogs are allowed to commit more fouls but we should have had enough quality to deal with that - as we know as a team we just can’t cope with any kind of pressing. Conte was spot on when he said as we invited them into the game their confidence just grew and grew.

Back