• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The post match interviews are the exact same as the unnecessary interview he gave in Italy.

My thoughts then are the exact same now.

He needs to shut up and stop whining in public and do his job.

He single-handedly has destroyed the mood in the camp we had after Emirates Marketing Project.
How is that helping Tottenham?

He cares only about Conte.

The latest edition of “I told you so”

Yeah sure, I can imagine the players moping about the place going “I’m really down over that interview the gaffer gave” <sniff>

Sorry I can't really see a direct answer there as to whether or not you see us fans as merely 'customers' (sorry I cant remember if it is you or @Baleforce who always states that).

At the end of the day we are customers. We pay for our tickets, sky, shirts, or beers and pies. We have incredible brand loyalty. Which the clubs will encourage. We help create (hopefully a positive) atmosphere.

We feel more and feel the club is more. Because of our emotional attachment, togetherness and memories.

But at the end of the day. You don't pay you don't get in.

This is how I feel about this whole situation regards Conte interviews.

He's speaking in a foreign language in 99% of interviews, and he's a passionate guy. Its going to make for fireworks sometimes. Note how everyone was talking about him after the game, not the players. They were spared the media assassination for losing to the bottom club in the league. Was he being an emotional latin man, or a clever manager trying to divert criticism away from a group of players he recognises as having brittle confidence in some areas?

When we win he will be buoyant, when we lose he will be sulky - its his demeanour - the board know that as does the squad. Most players who have played for him say they would run through walls for him - so he can't be that bad.

Whatever you want to say...Conte is too big and ambitious for spurs, and our board will never match his ambitions.

He's an idiot to think otherwise as are fans who want to sugar coat our owners.

Get ralf hassenhuthal in and pray that it works out... our owners want jus enough for us to be relavent but not enough to match our ambitions.

Spurs lights have been out for a long time.

This is how I feel about this whole situation regards Conte interviews.

He's speaking in a foreign language in 99% of interviews, and he's a passionate guy. Its going to make for fireworks sometimes. Note how everyone was talking about him after the game, not the players. They were spared the media assassination for losing to the bottom club in the league. Was he being an emotional latin man, or a clever manager trying to divert criticism away from a group of players he recognises as having brittle confidence in some areas?

When we win he will be buoyant, when we lose he will be sulky - its his demeanour - the board know that as does the squad. Most players who have played for him say they would run through walls for him - so he can't be that bad.
Little known fact - I used to work on Footwear in First Sport Watford when I was 14 with Mark, who was a couple of years older. Lovely guy and a tremendous footballer. Skinned JD Sports alive on the fields behind Watford Springs in a local grudge match that we won 2-1.

Tbh I couldn’t give a flying brick what Conte says to the media after a game. He’s an emotional fella and I don’t read too much into press stuff. What bothers me a lot more is that we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games, sit 8th in the PL and are the 4th best team in London, with my three most disliked teams above us. All that and the manager seemingly unable to change it is much more of a concern.

Tbh I couldn’t give a flying brick what Conte says to the media after a game. He’s an emotional fella and I don’t read too much into press stuff. What bothers me a lot more is that we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games, sit 8th in the PL and are the 4th best team in London, with my three most disliked teams above us. All that and the manager seemingly unable to change it is much more of a concern.

I agree but nobody can make this team be better or consistent. I'm gonna wait til summer. Where Levy will no doubt buy someone at the last hour of window. Conte sees 80% of the same team. Then leaves.
I hope I'm wrong. But I'm prepared.

Anyhow he a bit cheerier today. I shall watch today.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-spurs-after-talking-to-chairman-daniel-levy

After today, Conte’s averaging 1.8 pts / match with us. Which is 68.4 points across a whole season. Not quite where we want to be, but not the disaster that everyone (including him!) has been making out recently. And better than the 62 and 59 points we got the last two seasons.

And now we can focus on having won 2 in 3, rather than having lost 4 in 5.

Onwards and upwards!

Great to have a demanding coach. He's clearly inflexible in terms of the way he wants to play, but if we can get him some top quality wingbacks, we will do well. Missing out on Diaz was a big loss, but hopefully the Club won't make that mistake again.

Little known fact - I used to work on Footwear in First Sport Watford when I was 14 with Mark, who was a couple of years older. Lovely guy and a tremendous footballer. Skinned JD Sports alive on the fields behind Watford Springs in a local grudge match that we won 2-1.

You probably sold me an Adidas jacket at some point!

Back