• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He shouldn't have said it. But levy was never going to sack him.

We're just going to have to get used to the fact he is a little bipolar in his reactions. Hope that we win a lot more than we lose.

Not in a million years does he get sacked before the end of next season. I couldn't believe some stuff I was reading yesterday suggesting it was possible. Levy would look a proper clueless, knee jerker if he contemplated it. Only way Conte goes is if he walks.

I am not only blaming harry kane, i have never only blamed harry kane.
I said i would sell kane, some posters jumped on that as a sacrilege and i said well what good has it done us, we haven’t won anything with him.
Said for ages we are a team of settlers.
We need a refresh, he is at the stage of his career where he probably won't fit the age profile and won't want to hang about until we catch up.
Its like jan and toby, just as we got a point where we really needed them their bodies were starting to creak.
I understand your views clearly.

Can't be any worse than having Roy Keane as your manager considering the bi-polarism Conte has exhibited

The conversation would be totally different if Emirates Marketing Project shelled out 150 mil for Kane and I think the odds chances will be higher now next transfer window.

No chance city will pay that.

Privately they know they should have kept the grealish money and put this towards meeting the £150m we allegedly would have taken but their ego got in the way.

And that ego wont allow them to pay that same figure when kane is 1 year older and 1 year less on his contract.

City will focus attentions on their doomed attempts to sign haaland and when that ship sails they will continue with no striker or give more chances to palmer/delap or play alvarez.

He shouldn't have said it. But levy was never going to sack him.

We're just going to have to get used to the fact he is a little bipolar in his reactions. Hope that we win a lot more than we lose.

I love him the mental bastard. Fast becoming my favourite manager. Just wished he had offered a few of the players out or done a Dier and gone into the crowd.

The post match interviews are the exact same as the unnecessary interview he gave in Italy.

My thoughts then are the exact same now.

He needs to shut up and stop whining in public and do his job.

He single-handedly has destroyed the mood in the camp we had after Emirates Marketing Project.
How is that helping Tottenham?

He cares only about Conte.

Instead of the blame the mainstream media nonsense that is starting to circle. How about "why is he giving interviews to Italian media?"
He should concentrate on managing his current team.
Not doing media flimflam with an obvious view to his next job in Italy. Why is he doing a public relations exercise?
He knew what Tottenham was like. Go fix the team or leave.
Do your Redknapp/Mourinho style image manipulation somewhere else.
It's like he already planting excuses for failure, knowing this is gonna be a disaster. If it's not going to work out then step aside already like Santini did.

And it doesn't matter if he's right. Publicly indicating that the current squad is brick isn't gonna help them get a result in the next few weeks.
He was right when he starting making public statements about Chelsea's signings. But that didn't help the team and they finished 5th with him sulking all season.
He is not a pundit. His job is not to comment on Tottenham. His hope is to improve the performances on the pitch.
The only thing his public media work is doing is making Antonio Conte, the brand, look better.

The post match interviews are the exact same as the unnecessary interview he gave in Italy.

My thoughts then are the exact same now.

He needs to shut up and stop whining in public and do his job.

He single-handedly has destroyed the mood in the camp we had after Emirates Marketing Project.
How is that helping Tottenham?

He cares only about Conte.

His interviews after the Emirates Marketing Project game he was all smiles. Said this was the best group of players he ever had as they were good people.

Losing to burnley destroyed the mood in the camp. As it should. We shouldn't be happy with losing.

Did you not watch the Tottenham documentary? They absolutely do, in fact sky "the daily mirror in TV form" sports is on loop in the canteen at the training ground.

Danny Rose is a good example of the effect of social media. He never forgot the reactions of some fans when he got a new contract.

Utd players do.

Did you not watch the Tottenham documentary? They absolutely do, in fact sky "the daily mirror in TV form" sports is on loop in the canteen at the training ground.

Danny Rose is a good example of the effect of social media. He never forgot the reactions of some fans when he got a new contract.

then I'll have to rephrase that

players would have to be really stupid to listen to managers comments to the media

its a tool of propaganda, used against fans, boards, opposition

I’m not suggesting this is a major factor in our form or Conte’s interesting way of communicating with the press, but a quick glance at the serie a table brought something to mind.

Inter look like they’re in with a pretty good chance of the league again, despite him leaving reportedly due to issues with the board / player sales etc. Rather than having the chance to win consecutive titles it’s looking touch and go as to whether we’ll finish in the europa league at this stage.

Instead of continuing with that momentum he was a big part of, is Antonio feeling regretful about his decision to leave?

Apologies if this question upsets the “Don’t share any thoughts or opinions until summer unless it’s mindless positivity” phalanx, but the board is still in place for open discussion as far as I can tell.

Back