• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley*** OMT

A £30m player should hit the target
Not saying when should score but the target is easier to hit from that distance
But it was a half volley; that's a particularly difficult technique. Most players don't hit half volleys on target, seems a bit of an unrealistic expectation imo and I say that as someone who is not a fan of Moura's. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I didn't gate this performance but I didn't like it either. Very once paced and predictable. A 0-0 draw was probably the fairest result but alas we conceded from a set piece.

A bit of a concerning performance really, no zip and Reggie apart that was our strongest 11. Think we might need to change the shape a bit and get Kulu in the middle but I'm not sure if that's even the answer. Can't say that I can see what the answer is...[emoji2379]

Reggie and skipp.
Quite shocking that we miss those two youngsters so badly.

please let's not qualify for any Euro competition....we might just might maybe have a shot at domestic glory next season.

Hopefully WW3 doesnt break out in the mean time.

I think we will be top of the league when it stops for the world Cup and then lose 5 players to injury.

But it was a half volley; that's a particularly difficult technique. Most players don't hit half volleys on target, seems a bit of an unrealistic expectation imo and I say that as someone who is not a fan of Moura's. [emoji28]

I’m not a fan
I like him because of his energy but his actual play is horrendous
He can’t play anywhere that needs discipline and control
Conte is all about control
Shame but he should be a long way away form the team
He stodges things up with his head down play and then gets in the way of balls in the box

we love him as fans because every now and then we get some brilliance but most of the time he is a passenger (not due to a lack of effort)

Mmm. Not saying Moura doesn't have an atrocious randomness to his first touch - he does. Half the time it sticks to him, half the time it bounces halfway across the field and he chases futilely after it like a confused pup. It's why he never fulfilled his early potential - too random, too streaky.

But a half volley is difficult for any player - there's a reason Zidane's volleys over his career were wondergoals.

Nope, on it in a flash. Changed the names of the team, is all. :p

Grow up, mate. People are allowed to be happy and then sad again, and the reality doesn't change in between the two - it is what it is.

In fact, you'd probably be a lot less angry yourself if you accepted what I have - things don't change because we put band-aids over massive holes in the side. It makes the defeats less painful, the victories less frenzied. A bit, anyway. Try it, see how you feel.

Missed chance there with that reply.

Was hoping you'd say your absence was down to seal-clubbing dissident dimbulb demonstrators clogging Ottawa's streets.

I could not have visited beautiful Bytown-sur-Rideau and kept a civil tongue amongst those fcukwits.

We all knew that was coming, right?

Spurs DNA and the attitude of the players right there.
I thought it could happen
It’s mid week, wet and windy and away to Burnley
When I saw the line up I was concerned because the midfield needed more progression in there. I didn’t see the first half but Bentacur getting injured centre didn’t help

When you play an inform Burnley, on a wet windy night, you need a top-level performance to come away with a win. I know they've been brick all season, but tonight they weren't. Weghorse really helped them, and losing Bentancur took cool away from our midfield. Yet we weren't actually that far off a good performance. We needed goals from the squad. You need someone like Bergjwin to come on and make a difference. You need your midfield to finish a chance (hojbjerg), Davies to convert his shot, or a bit of luck and a ricochet. We didn't have that.

We need more players who are comfortable putting the ball in the back of the net. While Kulu is definitely one, you have to be patient with him; and Sessengon. They need to settle and develop. Kulu probably needs a season to bed in and mature in a front 3. But playing at RWB takes some pressure off him, and should allow us to get one more attacking player into the side.

Well played Burnley.

Disappointed but -sadly - not surprised. Last week was a fluke, albeit a wonderful one, because we were gifted the freedom of the park. We all knew today would be tough- the reason that we have lost 4 of the last 5 is simply because we have two or three top players, a large number of "middle-ish" players, one or two prospects of dubious quality, and a couple of players who are well past their sell-by date. The upper tier of mid-table is about the very best we can hope for, from this squad.

When you play an inform Burnley, on a wet windy night, you need a top-level performance to come away with a win. I know they've been brick all season, but tonight they weren't. Weghorse really helped them, and losing Bentancur took cool away from our midfield. Yet we weren't actually that far off a good performance. We needed goals from the squad. You need someone like Bergjwin to come on and make a difference. You need your midfield to finish a chance (hojbjerg), Davies to convert his shot, or a bit of luck and a ricochet. We didn't have that.

We need more players who are comfortable putting the ball in the back of the net. While Kulu is definitely one, you have to be patient with him; and Sessengon. They need to settle and develop. Kulu probably needs a season to bed in and mature in a front 3. But playing at RWB takes some pressure off him, and should allow us to get one more attacking player into the side.

Well played Burnley.
Agree with all of this expect the Kulu at RWB bit

Missed chance there with that reply.

Was hoping you'd say your absence was down to seal-clubbing dissident dimbulb demonstrators clogging Ottawa's streets.

I could not have visited beautiful Bytown-sur-Rideau and kept a civil tongue amongst those fcukwits.

Ha - I've been posted out of Ottawa for the past few months, sadly, but I hope I can get back this year. Bloody miss it, mate - I keep saying it's one of the prettiest cities I know, and people look at me funny because they think of Vanier. The whole city doesn't look like that, dammit - best efforts of some trucking f*ckers notwithstanding. :p

Back