• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Apologies for the music but otherwise enjoy the class of this guy - hopefully a sign we can make expensive signings that are not disasters

He just seems so composed to me, no nerves and just getting on with the job.

His swift reading of opposition passes and the resultant tackles or interceptions are just great to see.
Front-foot and intelligent defending, with the skill on the ball to then initiate moves for our side.

This guy is a winner. He engages attackers and gets the ball back, or makes interceptions to nullify threats. There is a higher risk to get turned/bypassed when committing to a tackle but he usually comes away with the ball.
When we're losing or drawing, he pushes forward quite high after around the 75-80 minute mark to support the attack... and I am going to guess that's his own decision, not an instruction from Conte.

I think with 3 central defenders, they should all have more license to progress the ball higher up the pitch (obviously not all 3, but at least one of them). Many opposition players don't seem to know how to deal with this... should they mark or engage? It's also another passing option that tends to be overlooked. Either we get to push the ball higher up the pitch for free, or we end up creating some space for our midfield/attacking players. I don't know if Romero's crossing is any decent but his passing on the ground seems to be fairly good.

This guy is a winner. He engages attackers and gets the ball back, or makes interceptions to nullify threats. There is a higher risk to get turned/bypassed when committing to a tackle but he usually comes away with the ball.
When we're losing or drawing, he pushes forward quite high after around the 75-80 minute mark to support the attack... and I am going to guess that's his own decision, not an instruction from Conte.

I think with 3 central defenders, they should all have more license to progress the ball higher up the pitch (obviously not all 3, but at least one of them). Many opposition players don't seem to know how to deal with this... should they mark or engage? It's also another passing option that tends to be overlooked. Either we get to push the ball higher up the pitch for free, or we end up creating some space for our midfield/attacking players. I don't know if Romero's crossing is any decent but his passing on the ground seems to be fairly good.
It was a real conte tactic and also something that cuti did at Atlanta all be it from the middle rather than the right here
It does help he can pass so well

His swift reading of opposition passes and the resultant tackles or interceptions are just great to see.
Front-foot and intelligent defending, with the skill on the ball to then initiate moves for our side.
He will do best with players around him who can read his moves and react accordingly.

Kulu, Bentan, Emerson and Romero looked like they enjoyed playing together and stifling that amazing Chelsea left side attack recently

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It was a real conte tactic and also something that cuti did at Atlanta all be it from the middle rather than the right here

Ah ok, I never watched Seria A so I'm honestly clueless.
I guess at the end of the day, I'm surprised (pleasantly) that he ended up here. We've had such a long drought of good signings, especially when it comes to defense, so hopefully this continues for the foreseeable future.

I've seen Davies come forward with the ball plenty of times, when we need a goal în the last 15 minutes. Dier used to do that to, but after he lost some balls în key areas, I think it is best he didn't. It is a lot easier for the LCB and RCB to go forward than for the central CB. More space to work with.

I've seen Davies come forward with the ball plenty of times, when we need a goal în the last 15 minutes. Dier used to do that to, but after he lost some balls în key areas, I think it is best he didn't. It is a lot easier for the LCB and RCB to go forward than for the central CB. More space to work with.
100%
If they are capable of course
Sanchez even tried it a few times

Back