• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Let's hope he's not called up, as he's only just back from injury. While it's great recognition for him to be chosen for England, our record the past year with players returning injured from international duty is horrendous.

True. But he deserves it.

So good to have him back as the organizer. I saw this quote from him:

“This win is important if we take it in the right way. If we recognise that if we play with that intensity, with that commitment, that unity; if we play with that every game we can really push on from this.

“I think we have to take this win in the right way, not get carried away but recognise what we need to do as a team to get results and play well. We have to take it with humility and understand that as a team we can be very good.”

“This win is important if we take it in the right way. If we recognise that if we play with that intensity, with that commitment, that unity; if we play with that every game we can really push on from this.

“I think we have to take this win in the right way, not get carried away but recognise what we need to do as a team to get results and play well. We have to take it with humility and understand that as a team we can be very good.”

We'll see on weds if it's more than words. Really hope so.

Well the defence was organized but I think its due more Conte's tactics IMO. But yeah credit to the entire defence and midfield that kept Emirates Marketing Project out.

We have to take it with humility and understand that as a team we can be very good.”

This last part of Dier's quote struck me more than his preceding words. It very much sounds like a 'Conte-effect' . Call it confidence, self-belief or building the winning m-word, but when you think how many times we see heads drop and the team fold, this sounds like there is some psychology work going on behind the scenes. There's also an hint of him saying when everyone pulls their weight, it works. Of course it was just one game and we need to see that self-belief more frequently. But I am hopeful.

He seems like a fairly well rounded and intelligent individual. His interviews always come across very well. He also seems to have interests outside of football (doesn't he own some sort of travel app) and has headed off travelling on his own. Think he's been photographed on an Easyjet flight and on the tube. There's no flimflam about him and he's not mollycoddled.

I'd have him as captain. Not because I don't rate Lloris, I do, but I think a captain should ideally be CB or CM to be honest. The way he was organising people on Saturday was exactly what we've been missing. Romero is a better player for me but he doesn't do what Dier does on that score.

He seems like a fairly well rounded and intelligent individual. His interviews always come across very well. He also seems to have interests outside of football (doesn't he own some sort of travel app) and has headed off travelling on his own. Think he's been photographed on an Easyjet flight and on the tube. There's no flimflam about him and he's not mollycoddled.

I'd have him as captain. Not because I don't rate Lloris, I do, but I think a captain should ideally be CB or CM to be honest. The way he was organising people on Saturday was exactly what we've been missing. Romero is a better player for me but he doesn't do what Dier does on that score.
It's not always about having the 2 or 3 best CBs, Romero and Dier compliment each other and make us a lot better when together.
Davies has done well this season, but if we can upgrade on him then we would have a solid central defence, hopefully for a number of years.

Think playing in a 3 helps with some of his weaknesses. Same as davies.

All players have their strengths and weaknesses, Dier's was always being turned and struggled with players with quick feet which is masked somewhat by playing in the middle of the 3. His strength is his long range distribution and he is the only one of the defenders i would call a magnet (The type of defender the ball seems to find in the area in the air). We have lacked that type of player, and still do in my opinion as Dier while the best of the bunch isn't as dominating as he could be for his size but generally those type of players don't have his ability on the ball. For now I am just enjoying his vein of form, he has taken on his new position well and hope he really kicks on from there.

All players have their strengths and weaknesses, Dier's was always being turned and struggled with players with quick feet which is masked somewhat by playing in the middle of the 3. His strength is his long range distribution and he is the only one of the defenders i would call a magnet (The type of defender the ball seems to find in the area in the air). We have lacked that type of player, and still do in my opinion as Dier while the best of the bunch isn't as dominating as he could be for his size but generally those type of players don't have his ability on the ball. For now I am just enjoying his vein of form, he has taken on his new position well and hope he really kicks on from there.

I appreciate his upturn in form, but I know that he needs competition for his place.

Back