• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Daily fail headline ... Conte BANNED from talking to the Italian media .... honestly you can't make it up .... thats what they took from his words.

Ref Conte's press conference, anyone know who our Covid casualty is?

Seems it might be a fringe player (youth). As he didn't mention them missing for the game until ally specifically asked him about if anyone had covid. Then he replied sorry not 2 players but 3 unavailable.

You grow the club by winning games and winning trophies. Football is not like every other business.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Got to disagree with this. Leeds, Blackpool and Derby are proof that throwing money you don't have at trying to win matches doesn't work. Which in essence is what most anti ENIC fans on here want. I've posted about the size of the club before, and we have grown massively more, faster, than practically any club in the land. The business model of the club, namely to be self sustaining, is the correct and long term way to do business. To pump in money you don't have ends badly, almost every time.

I know people will now say "Joe Lewis has money", but that kind of unchecked financial doping is where we have got to in the Premier League. We should be learning lessons from Spain and Italy where clubs have almost gone under due to non footballing financial pressures. Rich people will not accept losing money. Its how they got rich in the first place. So if an asset becomes a burden, they get shot of it. Then you end up where Derby are right now.

Be careful what you wish for.

Got to disagree with this. Leeds, Blackpool and Derby are proof that throwing money you don't have at trying to win matches doesn't work. Which in essence is what most anti ENIC fans on here want. I've posted about the size of the club before, and we have grown massively more, faster, than practically any club in the land. The business model of the club, namely to be self sustaining, is the correct and long term way to do business. To pump in money you don't have ends badly, almost every time.

I know people will now say "Joe Lewis has money", but that kind of unchecked financial doping is where we have got to in the Premier League. We should be learning lessons from Spain and Italy where clubs have almost gone under due to non footballing financial pressures. Rich people will not accept losing money. Its how they got rich in the first place. So if an asset becomes a burden, they get shot of it. Then you end up where Derby are right now.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sure but I never said ENIC should pump money in just that the way to grow a football business is to gain success on the pitch however you achieve that.

To address your main point you're only looking at the scare stories of speculatory investing. There are success stories as well ie. Liverpool, Brentford, the Redbull group or even now financially stable Chelsea so it's not quite as black and white as you suggest.

Regarding our growth that's due to being an underperforming club relative to our size and location and the explosion in the Premier League's world wide appeal. Nothing particularly that ENIC have done. The same strategy would have had zero effect in the majority of European leagues and I'd hazard a guess that is part of the reason why they divested themselves of the other clubs they owned prior to purchasing the undervalued and underexploited Tottenham Hotspur sitting in the number one money generating football league in the world. This is where our economic growth has largely come from not because ENIC started selling DVDs.

Sure but I never said ENIC should pump money in just that the way to grow a football business is to gain success on the pitch however you achieve that.

To address your main point you're only looking at the scare stories of speculatory investing. There are success stories as well ie. Liverpool, Brentford, the Redbull group or even now financially stable Chelsea so it's not quite as black and white as you suggest.

Regarding our growth that's due to being an underperforming club relative to our size and location and the explosion in the Premier League's world wide appeal. Nothing particularly that ENIC have done. The same strategy would have had zero effect in the majority of European leagues and I'd hazard a guess that is part of the reason why they divested themselves of the other clubs they owned prior to purchasing the undervalued and underexploited Tottenham Hotspur sitting in the number one money generating football league in the world. This is where our economic growth has largely come from not because ENIC started selling DVDs.

Didn't Abromavoich pump in £200m not all that long ago into chel$ea? And if they hit a bad patch and didn't qualify for CL, they would sink rapidly without such a cash injection. They are indebted £1,000,000,000 to the Russian, which makes our debt levels seem reasonable.

So chelsea is the model you espouse?

The other clubs listed are similar. Without constant cash injections, they would flounder.

Didn't Abromavoich pump in £200m not all that long ago into chel$ea? And if they hit a bad patch and didn't qualify for CL, they would sink rapidly without such a cash injection. They are indebted £1,000,000,000 to the Russian, which makes our debt levels seem reasonable.

The other clubs listed are similar. Without constant cash injections, they would flounder.

If Roman wanted to sell us there would be a line of people willing to take Chelsea on. Even knowing that they may have to put money in.

I'd easily have taken Chelseas debts that came with the number of trophies that they have acquired, they have overtaken us with ease as a global entity. They have probably gained so many more supporters over this time. And yes the debt maybe there but Romans investment is as safe as any other.

If Roman wanted to sell us there would be a line of people willing to take Chelsea on. Even knowing that they may have to put money in.

I'd easily have taken Chelseas debts that came with the number of trophies that they have acquired, they have overtaken us with ease as a global entity. They have probably gained so many more supporters over this time. And yes the debt maybe there but Romans investment is as safe as any other.

Do you mean if Roman wanted to sell Chelsea? According to accounts, he has been trying to sell. And one buyer was close but pulled out. Now there are no buyers. Who would want to buy a concern that doesn't make money, that needs subsidising with £200m every now and again, that is a 5th place finish away from being unsustainable? It is not attractive to a businessman who's concerned with making money. Only to sports washing nations or stupidly rich fans as a toy.

While people bang on about how much Levy has made, it is based upon a valuation that no one has paid for a PL side. Saudi paid what £350m for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Put things in perspective really.

So now all the papers are reporting that Spurs will not let Conte speak to Italian media. I say we get him not to speak at all and get some other guy to do it with pre written responses.

You do realise our debt is bigger than Chelsea's and unlike us they don't actually have to pay it off so no club money is being paid in interest or going directly to the banks instead of being spent on the team. Also as I replied to you in the other thread your Chelsea information is out of date, they are indeed profitable and have been for a number of years. They like all clubs have been affect by the pandemic and their finances have suffered but this isn't 2008 anymore. They sadly are self sustaining now.

Regards your other point, Liverpool don't need constant injections of owner finance to stay afloat. They have a model similar to our own but with a bit more willing from the owners to invest some of their own money to make sure they make the footballing decisions that matter. In the same time that FSG have owned and invested in the club Liverpool have got the 2nd biggest turnover in the premier League. Prior to FSG they were 4th and that wasn't even including Emirates Marketing Project who weren't a serious proposition at the time.

So not only has a little bit of owner investment paid for itself in terms of increasing club revenue it has also translated into trophies and success on the park. I can't see how this is a bad thing...

Abramovich pumped in another £200m…. We borrowed another £75m on top of the £175m we’d already borrowed from the BoE…. What’s the difference? (other than our debt being worse as it carries interest and has to be paid back).

You do realise our debt is bigger than Chelsea's and unlike us they don't actually have to pay it off so no club money is being paid in interest or going directly to the banks instead of being spent on the team. Also as I replied to you in the other thread your Chelsea information is out of date, they are indeed profitable and have been for a number of years. They like all clubs have been affect by the pandemic and their finances have suffered but this isn't 2008 anymore. They sadly are self sustaining now.

Regards your other point, Liverpool don't need constant injections of owner finance to stay afloat. They have a model similar to our own but with a bit more willing from the owners to invest some of their own money to make sure they make the footballing decisions that matter. In the same time that FSG have owned and invested in the club Liverpool have got the 2nd biggest turnover in the premier League. Prior to FSG they were 4th and that wasn't even including Emirates Marketing Project who weren't a serious proposition at the time.

So not only has a little bit of owner investment paid for itself in terms of increasing club revenue it has also translated into trophies and success on the park. I can't see how this is a bad thing...

Spurs debt is 700m right? Because of covid it went up 200m maybe. According to the Athethletic the debt to Roman is 1.5b more than double. https://theathletic.com/3047181/2022/01/05/chelsea-debt-abramovich-passes-1-5-billion/#:~:text=Explained: Chelsea's debt to Abramovich passes £1.5 billion&text=Chelsea's debt to Roman,of the Premier League club.

Think you'll find pool just injected millions too.

I am sure Levy is conflicted. In one way, he would love to sell. It is a thankless task trying to compete with Saudis, Emerarti etc On the other hand he's built something, and it would sad to walk away when you put such care into it. From the stadium, in all its detail, to the training ground vegetable garden etc etc.

Pretty sure if there were ready buyers at 10 figure amounts Levy would be having a conversation. When the Saudi wealth fund pays only £350m for a club that gets 50,000 supporters attending, then well, you have to be realistic that there aren't going to be a lot of ready buyers.

Last edited:
Spurs debt is 700m right? Because of covid it went up 200m maybe. According to the Athethletic the debt to Roman is 1.5b more than double. https://theathletic.com/3047181/2022/01/05/chelsea-debt-abramovich-passes-1-5-billion/#:~:text=Explained: Chelsea's debt to Abramovich passes £1.5 billion&text=Chelsea's debt to Roman,of the Premier League club.

Think you'll find pool just injected millions too.

I am sure Levy is conflicted. In one way, he would love to sell. It is a thankless task trying to compete with Saudis, Emerarti etc On the other hand he's built something, and it would sad to walk away when you put such care into it. From the stadium, in all its detail, to the training ground vegetable garden etc etc.

Pretty sure if there were ready buyers at 10 figure amounts Levy would be having a conversation. When the Saudi wealth fund pays only £350m for a club that gets 50,000 supporters attending, then well, you have to be realistic that there aren't going to be a lot of ready buyers.
I wouldn’t buy us if I was rich
There is much better value out there

Abramovich pumped in another £200m…. We borrowed another £75m on top of the £175m we’d already borrowed from the BoE…. What’s the difference? (other than our debt being worse as it carries interest and has to be paid back).

The argument made was chelsea are sustainable. Whether that is true or not is questionable. When you have to inject 200m in non-covid times I'd say its probably not self-sustaining with their wage levels. But isn't what you've quoted what you want us to do? Aren't you constantly advocating for the injection of money/investment? The club follow what you're advocating. You know the old joke about the table of old ladies, and the waiter comes over and asks "is anything okay?"

Back