• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Instead of the blame the mainstream media nonsense that is starting to circle. How about "why is he giving interviews to Italian media?"
He should concentrate on managing his current team.
Not doing media flimflam with an obvious view to his next job in Italy. Why is he doing a public relations exercise?
He knew what Tottenham was like. Go fix the team or leave.
Do your Redknapp/Mourinho style image manipulation somewhere else.
It's like he already planting excuses for failure, knowing this is gonna be a disaster. If it's not going to work out then step aside already like Santini did.

And it doesn't matter if he's right. Publicly indicating that the current squad is brick isn't gonna help them get a result in the next few weeks.
He was right when he starting making public statements about Chelsea's signings. But that didn't help the team and they finished 5th with him sulking all season.
He is not a pundit. His job is not to comment on Tottenham. His hope is to improve the performances on the pitch.
The only thing his public media work is doing is making Antonio Conte, the brand, look better.
All managers have media obligations that they have to fill

Did he not have the trust of Levy after everything he had done? Its almost chicken and egg, back the manager after he proves his worth vs backing the manager to succeed.

Poch had the trust of Levy which is why we bought NDummy, LoCelso (although initially on loan), Sessegnon and Clarke under his watch and tinkled the best part of £140m up the wall in his last window - to go together with all the other failures under his watch.

Reactions: DTA
Poch had the trust of Levy which is why we bought NDummy, LoCelso (although initially on loan), Sessegnon and Clarke under his watch and tinkled the best part of £140m up the wall in his last window - to go together with all the other failures under his watch.

A couple of seasons too late for a squad that needed refreshing a long time before the lethargic decline.

I understand the stadium issue, but the owners had a real gem in pochettino and should have pulled some strings to find the money. A personal loan from uncle Joe would have shut many up on here like me.

One thing that doesn’t get mentioned often enough is how unlucky we were to lose peak Wanyama and Dembele to injury, so close together. Can’t think of another team that has happened to. If they’d stayed fit, we might have won the Champions League and still had Poch here, despite the lack of spending in 18/19.

One thing that doesn’t get mentioned often enough is how unlucky we were to lose peak Wanyama and Dembele to injury, so close together. Can’t think of another team that has happened to. If they’d stayed fit, we might have won the Champions League and still had Poch here, despite the lack of spending in 18/19.

Its almost as if Wanyama never existed, he is a loss we have never replaced.
Its no coincidence that our defence has been cack since he was crocked.

Dier was injured around the same period as well

Its almost as if Wanyama never existed, he is a loss we have never replaced.
Its no coincidence that our defence has been cack since he was crocked.

He was magnificent in his first season for us, the last at old WHL but never came close to that level again. Injuries etc. Anyone know how he’s getting on at Montreal? Apparently he’s still only 30 but I recall a poster on here hinting he was at lest 5 years older than his official age. Wonder if there was any truth in that.

So all those posts about Conte falling out with Levy ( from the usual subjects) were flimflam, who would have thought.:rolleyes:

As he said.

I don’t understand why someone wants to create a problem with me. Not only me but in the past. I read stories in the past about this club and it creates a problem with the coach and the chairman. The chairman knows very well my thoughts. If I have to speak with him, I go to speak with him. Sorry but I was a bit disturbed by this situation, especially because I had an interview with the Italian media. It means the club now doesn’t want me to speak to Italian media because the translation was not so clear with my thoughts.

I always say that I'm enjoying my time at Tottenham and the players. I'm always saying this. I repeat.

As he said.

I don’t understand why someone wants to create a problem with me. Not only me but in the past. I read stories in the past about this club and it creates a problem with the coach and the chairman. The chairman knows very well my thoughts. If I have to speak with him, I go to speak with him. Sorry but I was a bit disturbed by this situation, especially because I had an interview with the Italian media. It means the club now doesn’t want me to speak to Italian media because the translation was not so clear with my thoughts.

I always say that I'm enjoying my time at Tottenham and the players. I'm always saying this. I repeat.

As usual it looks like a case of adding 2+2 and making 5 from the usual suspects.

Can but hope that Skipp will develop into a DM capable of filling Wanyama’s big boots and Bentancur will be the heir to Dembele which Ndombele failed to be.

Back