• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Imagine if Levy has had this epiphany that he mentioned and in January he was gagging to spend big, But Paratici couldn't get any of the big deals tied up, Vlahovic, Diaz etc. Maybe he was sitting there all tinkled off thinking this fella is making me look bad to Conte, Who I promised big things to lol

Not getting good vibes at all. Im sure if Conte doesnt get the players he wants at the start of the season he is walking before the season even starts.

I'm largely a fan of the work that Levy and co have done behind the scenes at Spurs. I love the new stadium, the training ground, the involvement with the community is excellent around the club, and overall we're never going to be a club that ends up with point deductions for breaching FFP or such.

All of that is offset by the oddest of periods we are now in.

Mourinho must have cost £15m to sack. Poch was also around that kind of money, and Nuno must have got a serious wedge also. When you consider agent fees as well, plus what the managers were paid while achieving no forward progress, its got to be around £100m - the only value for money in that being the Poch era with 2nd place finish and Champions League final. Jose was a cultural misfit at the club, who they then replaced with a less experienced version of the same thing, and now we have another manager whose approach strays from the core of players the club has.

Hindsight is wonderful, but truly the best option would have been to either stick with Poch or find someone who was going to continue in that vein, and would get the performances from the likes of Dele and Lo Celso. Ndombele I think was possibly an overall mistake given his attitude and approach, but to appoint managers who want battling physical specimens not skilled craftsmen was just weird.

Next Paratici arrived and the hope was that we would get continuity. The problem is that so far Don Fabio has signed players in the "Levy" mould - ie prospects - Sarr, Gil, for example may come good, but the jury is out. He's not signed players destined to be successful in a Conte team, which was his end goal - he wanted Antonio to be at the helm - if that was the case then why the hell did he sign players, and another manager in the interim, that didn't have the same philosophy.

There's only a few clubs that can transition between managerial philosophies - Chelski being one of them, and they do this by throwing literally tens of millions in cash at the team. Even with cash in abundance sometimes it doesn't work - Man Utd can't do it - look how they have stumbled in recent years moving from coach to coach and style to style. The upshot is that we need continuity as we don't spend the cash Chelski do. In other words if the Conte situation doesn't work out, we need to hire someone who matches his approach, exactly or closely.

Conte can succeed at Spurs, and he can do it adopting the Spurs philosophy in terms of recruitment - but to do this he needs time, and while he's using that time, we may be really quite crap on the pitch. Remember that under Poch in his first season, the squad had a lot of dead wood he didn't get on with and we were 10th in November of that season. Reason why? Sherwood and AVB didn't have the same philosophy as Poch. So there was a transition. Which is where we are now.

I'd ignore the press angles on Conte, he took a job, he's won trophies everywhere he's gone and he won't want to let that slip. If he believes he needs time, and if the club will give him that, he's going to get a team singing from his hymn sheet. In the meantime, until that happens, we will see the likes of Sanchez make errors, hard workers like Davies get the nod over the likes of Rodon, and so on.

we have already massively fallen behind, we’re not in danger of it, it’s already happened. Question is what are levy and Lewis going to do about it?

Lewis isn’t going to do a thing about it, he has no interest in the running of the club.

Levy will do what he’s always done, make as much money available for transfers and wages as the club can responsibly afford.

Lewis isn’t going to do a thing about it, he has no interest in the running of the club.

Levy will do what he’s always done, make as much money available for transfers and wages as the club can responsibly afford.

A successful formula as seen over the last 20 odd years.

Im sure if Conte doesnt get the players he wants at the start of the season he is walking before the season even starts.

Broadly, I agree - not necessarily the exact players but if we don't sign at least 4 players, probably more like 5-6, then I do agree that Conte could well quit at the end of the window.

Say we sign just a couple players. Conte is a driven and ambitious man. It would logically appear that we couldn't meet his ambitions so I wouldnt blame him for walking in that scenario

Exactly, infrastructure improvements, more European campaigns, higher average league finish.

hmm interesting how we see things, but i respect the alternative. How about time for new owners that want to step it up and start pushing for trophies?

There's nothing at all in it, he even says he's happy...

He walked from Chelsea after winning league and the fa Cup because he felt he was not backed, he left Inter after winning the league because he was told he was going to lose a key player. So I think the fact that he says is happy is irrelevant, he has previous so he will be happy until he is not, and that will be if crucial additions are not made this summer.

hmm interesting how we see things, but i respect the alternative. How about time for new owners that want to step it up and start pushing for trophies?
What have you seen from Levy that indicates he doesn't want trophies? (Apart from the nonsensical firing of Mourinho before a final).

I really do think in football, social media, the fans and the media themselves are all symptomatic of society as a whole today. These snippets taken from long interviews are sensationalised, retweeted and shared over and over.
Honestly we've been up and down for so long as a club, and post Pochettino it's not been nice. But we've tried a few different approaches and it hasn't worked. But I honestly feel we just need to pull together in almost a siege mentality and be one as a club. We can take the banter, and the BS clickbait articles.

I understand there is anger towards Levy. But this constant cycle of change, hostility and entitlement is just horrible. The fans don't enjoy it. The players hate it. And we all lose.

Lets trust in this manager. My initial reaction when hearing the snippets wasn't great tbh. I'm wishing we just stop doing so many interviews separating the ambitions of the club and the manager. We are one. But I think having read it all back, the underlying message is simple. I can build something successful here, but lets be a bit patient. Just as we were under Pochettino.

These aggregate twitter accounts are simply the worst. They breed toxicity. And unfortunately that entitlement is spilling into the match going atmosphere too now. Yes we're entitled to let them know how we feel, but we need to support those players more than ever now. I don't think they're not trying, it's just their confidence is low.

COYS

He walked from Chelsea after winning league and the fa Cup because he felt he was not backed, he left Inter after winning the league because he was told he was going to lose a key player. So I think the fact that he says is happy is irrelevant, he has previous so he will be happy until he is not, and that will be if crucial additions are not made this summer.

He was sacked by chelsea. Even sued them for wrongful dismissal and won.

Back