• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

I think Bentancur playing in front of our current defense will make a very big difference, to the point that we may be able to get away with not signing a new CB. Nevertheless, we should target one, but if we don't manage to sign one and get a quality CM, RWB, and CF/ST, I still think we'll be much better off.

We need an lcb even if it's just backup to davies.

Reactions: DTA
I think Bentancur playing in front of our current defense will make a very big difference, to the point that we may be able to get away with not signing a new CB. Nevertheless, we should target one, but if we don't manage to sign one and get a quality CM, RWB, and CF/ST, I still think we'll be much better off.

Yes, signing three quality players will make us much better off. No brainer there. I know your point is more that now it’s not a priority and I can see why you might say that. But for me, we have to think what are we like without Romero? Then think how good it would be to have two defenders at Romero’s level playing. And I think it becomes apparent just how big a signing a top left centre back would be.
If we can become solid defensively, then that gives us greater attacking freedom, knowing that we have a solid base, and the team will improve significantly all round for it.

Yes, signing three quality players will make us much better off. No brainer there. I know your point is more that now it’s not a priority and I can see why you might say that. But for me, we have to think what are we like without Romero? Then think how good it would be to have two defenders at Romero’s level playing. And I think it becomes apparent just how big a signing a top left centre back would be.
If we can become solid defensively, then that gives us greater attacking freedom, knowing that we have a solid base, and the team will improve significantly all round for it.

Romero to me looks different class, or at the very least we'll on his way to becoming different class (qualifier just because it's still early). More players at his level that also for the system would make a big difference of course. Anywhere on the pitch really.

I think Davies still doesn't get enough credit for how good he is in this role. Yeah, not at Romero's level, but I honestly think he's good enough for now.

If we're looking at priorities, for me at least. If we can save some money by bringing in a LCB that's more of an understudy at first, but with massive potential that money could be beer spent elsewhere.

If we can afford and attract another Romero level CB and get good targets for other areas definitely go for it. To replace Davies on current form it would have to be a real quality player though.

Romero to me looks different class, or at the very least we'll on his way to becoming different class (qualifier just because it's still early). More players at his level that also for the system would make a big difference of course. Anywhere on the pitch really.

I think Davies still doesn't get enough credit for how good he is in this role. Yeah, not at Romero's level, but I honestly think he's good enough for now.

If we're looking at priorities, for me at least. If we can save some money by bringing in a LCB that's more of an understudy at first, but with massive potential that money could be beer spent elsewhere.

If we can afford and attract another Romero level CB and get good targets for other areas definitely go for it. To replace Davies on current form it would have to be a real quality player though.
If we can get Bastoni and De Ligt we would have the best defense în the world for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
10 mins in and already played 3 or 4 killer balls through the heart of Southampton. And now a goal disallowed.

You were saying about Davies, 2 mistakes in 5 seconds to cost us their equalizer

Still not seeing what everyone else see’s regarding this guy being world class. We have been worse as a unit at the back since he has been back.

He said that because he didn’t want to hughligh5 that he bottled the games as much as the players
No we are just miles behind. I applaud your never ending Spurs glasses tinted optimism but surely you can admit that Conte wasn't wrong?

I reckon he'd make a decent defensive midfielder. I've noticed he likes drifting forward, carries the ball well, and can spot a pass. Whereas maybe not defensively minded enough to make the kind of CB I think we need.

Mind you I also think Kane might be better behind the striker playing a bit deeper. So probably wrong about Romero.

I reckon he'd make a decent defensive midfielder. I've noticed he likes drifting forward, carries the ball well, and can spot a pass. Whereas maybe not defensively minded enough to make the kind of CB I think we need.

Mind you I also think Kane might be better behind the striker playing a bit deeper. So probably wrong about Romero.

Decent, yes. But he can become a truly outstanding centre back and we'd miss him a lot more at CB than we'd benefit from having him at DM.

Back