• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "The performance was a good one. The problem was our start because we concede two goals. It is difficult to come back because we conceded but at the same time, starting 2-0 down, it was a good reaction from the players because they tried to the end to come back, to change the final result. We had many chances to score. At the end, though, we are talking about a defeat. This is what counts.

"Sometimes it is difficult. Three goals in the game against Southampton was a difficult situation. We have to try to accept and to learn also to live with the pressure. Sometimes we feel the pressure. It needs to be positive for us not negative. When I speak about aspects we need to improve and about part of a process, I speak also about this. If you want to try to be competitive and fight for something important, you have to be good on the pitch and many aspects around us - around the coach, around the players. They are working well but only commitment is not good enough if we want to try to fight for something important. At the moment, for me, it is not realistic. We have to accept the reality. The whole environment has to accept this. Otherwise we create expectation and it is not good when we cannot follow this expectation. We have to continue to work. We are working hard and it is not enough. Maybe we have to be calm and be realistic.

"I don't remember in the last few years, Tottenham fighting for something important. Not a situation for this season. Big games from a long period, maybe the season when this team reached the final of the Champions League. Then it happen and Pochettino was sacked and the team finished down. From there something has changed. Now to be good we need to have the passion together and to understand the situation has changed from the past. We have to fight in every game with the risk we can win, draw and lose."

Antonio Conte

After the Brighton game you could see we weren't in a better place post-transfer window, and why the club were so frustrated losing Diaz. I gave a summation of what was wrong post match in the thread I think. We got the result that day as we were fresh, but the limitations and challenges were evident. Conte needs to get a first 11, and stick with them. But he probably has to drop Davies, Sanchez and use Winks in the right games (when he has space to play). This would be our best 11 for me.

Hugo
Royal Romero Dier
Kulu Skip Bentacur Sessengon
Moura Kane Son

It's the 11 with our most skillful players. Lots of young players who need to bed in. I'd rotate Hojbjerg and Reggie into the side regularly.

Last edited:
Any team will struggle when they give 2 stupid goals away at the start of the game, but I just didn't see any offensive threat. The front 3 were pretty dire, Lucas especially so, and sadly Son couldn't score in a brothel right now.
Time to modify our expectations somewhat.... thought Bentacur was good though, a level above those around him.

Conte is asking us, again and again, to lower expectations. We should! Or, at least, stay away from toxicity and boos when performances and results stay at europa/conference levels. Which they will, for now.

We'll never be good, good enough to win trophies that is.
No matter who's in charge, who's on the pitch, we end up getting the same Spurs we've had for the past 30 years.

Nah. Things change. Conte has just started. Hoping for a massive overhaul in the summer, and what happens then. Who knows? I'm optimistic. :D

We're literally a mediocre mid-table team currently

Who honestly would start from our players in a top 6 team

Kane, Son, Romero, Lloris the rest newbies aside and Lucas once every 5 games are not bad too

We have to move on in the summer Sanchez, Davies, Royal, Doherty, Sessengnon, Winks, PEH they are average at best with the odd good game

Better than blowing smoke up their arses
It's pretty much the same players who have been abysmal for years and managers now, they need outing and that has to be in the summer

When Mourinho did it plenty said it was the wrong approach.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if he’d taken Sess off before half an hour had been played.

Last edited:
From The Grauniad match report:

As it was, Rúben Neves was given time to measure a shot – that’s Rúben Neves who has scored 14 times from outside the box in his four and half years at Wolves; why would you bother closing him down?

Exchange Neves for Ward-Prowse from Wednesday. Either they haven't been told to close these players down, or they have been told and haven't don't it. Either way, it's so damn shoddy.

From The Grauniad match report:

As it was, Rúben Neves was given time to measure a shot – that’s Rúben Neves who has scored 14 times from outside the box in his four and half years at Wolves; why would you bother closing him down?

Exchange Neves for Ward-Prowse from Wednesday. Either they haven't been told to close these players down, or they have been told and haven't don't it. Either way, it's so damn shoddy.
Is it because we have a manager who only worries about how his team play

We have to move on in the summer Sanchez, Davies, Royal, Doherty, Sessengnon, Winks, PEH they are average at best with the odd good game

Agreed about that group - bottom half quality. I think we'll see 5-6 arrivals in the summer, and a similar number of departures. Next 3 months might be tough though

Better than blowing smoke up their arses
It's pretty much the same players who have been abysmal for years and managers now, they need outing and that has to be in the summer

It's a problem that some of those that need to be the first ones out the door happen to have a good attitude and work rate in training. Every new manager coming in keeps giving them more and more chances before realising they're mediocre footballers, but by then it's too late and they're able to hang around long enough for us to move on to the next manager.

Back