• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

It was a poor peformance from us probably our worst of the season ( allthough i am sure some will say different). We are still a work in progress with Conte and i do not expect much to change until he has completed this season and has a full preseaon to fully intergrate our squad to what he wants.

If we had a weekend off I think we may have have had fresher legs to deal with their pressing
We don't have the players who can deal with the press. I doubt it would have made any difference. Whenever we get pressed we crumble.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We don't have the players who can deal with the press. I doubt it would have made any difference. Whenever we get pressed we crumble.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Exactly this. We don't have midfielders capable of controlling games, don't show enough to receive passes, normally in tight areas. Probably only Dier and Romero being our only defenders comfortable in possession.
Playing two central midfielders that can't control the game is a huge issue.

Didn’t watch TBH
Maybe it’s just that United are gash
United are weird.

They played well in the first half (as usual) but Southampton still had good chances, then Southampton came on strong in the second.

I think the pundits are right, United players come alive when they have the ball in good positions but are completely non committal when they are out of possession. Southampton ran 5k more than them.

Overall us and United are in a transitional phase (United forever it seems) and you are always vunerable to a team that are not, and very much playing to 100% of their managers plan. Lesser players, but playing to greater than the sum of their parts. It takes a lot of effort to play the way Southampton do, so perhaps they're near the top of a peak fitness cycle at the moment, who knows?

It's galling though as it's a great thing to watch when your team plays like that.

United are weird.

They played well in the first half (as usual) but Southampton still had good chances, then Southampton came on strong in the second.

I think the pundits are right, United players come alive when they have the ball in good positions but are completely non committal when they are out of possession. Southampton ran 5k more than them.

Overall us and United are in a transitional phase (United forever it seems) and you are always vunerable to a team that are not, and very much playing to 100% of their managers plan. Lesser players, but playing to greater than the sum of their parts. It takes a lot of effort to play the way Southampton do, so perhaps they're near the top of a peak fitness cycle at the moment, who knows?

It's galling though as it's a great thing to watch when your team plays like that.

Southampton may be but that’s them every season, boom and then bust

United and just chaos walking. No plan too to bottom still

If we can't get 4th and after the matches at home to Southampton and Wolves that looks unlikely I hope we drop out of it altogether.

Would be good to play just the players we want to keep and then play them and the youth players like devine and white etc. Send out a message to the rest of them to clear out if they do not want to waste the rest of their careers.

As usual our hopes of top four are looking increasingly dependent on other teams being poorer than us.

All that optimism from the transfer window and the games in hand - and then this past week's shambles.

We won't make CL this season either.
Long way to go for all the teams still

Yeah, and TBF all of them are capable of tripping themselves up - and they all probably will in some way or another. Problem is I don't think we'll be able to capitalize on their trip ups. It's an open race for fourth place still, but ATM I have no confidence we're good enough to win it.
I think each team's fans will all think they have a chance because the 'other teams are a bit brick'.

There's is going to be some mighty head to head clashes. Not least us Vs the goons.

Back