• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Got to blame poch for the lack of succession planning. We had jan and toby who were great and it was much easier then to apprentice the young ones.

Who should he have apprenticed? He left Toby out for a young Sanchez as well.

You could just as easily make the argument that Poch was left high and dry by our reluctance to sign players he wanted.

Just wanted to highlight one of the players that I think could walk away from the game yesterday with his head held high.

Did his job well enough as a centre back, moved to a left back role when needed showing his versatility.

Always thought that Davies is/has been underated by s ome fans for a while. Does a good job when he plays.

Trouble is he's also not particularly tall or strong either.

I think he's a solid player, but I think his lack of physical attributes will always hold him back from being a level above that, in any position.

Certainly agree he's not our biggest problem at the moment though!

Again, a problem, but less of one in a back three. He's makes good decisions on when to challenge and when not to, rarely ends up losing a physical duel he should have stayed out of. Decent marker in the box too, usually gets physical contact with the opponent enough to make sure they don't get a good header away.

Holds him back, sure, but still very good.

All about opinions mate and i disagree with that.
Of course
But his pass success rate was poor and was very unadventurous too
We now have him instigating attacks and creating more like he did the year when he was the most creative full back in the league

He was gash before conte
He was weka and couldn’t pass
Under Conte he had been very very good

Conte can't make a player go from weak to strong in a matter of weeks.

Conte can't make a player go from someone that can't pass to someone that can in a matter of weeks.

Davies has had this in him for a very long time. I'd argue it's been visible too, but we probably disagree on that.

He wasn’t weak, he could pass. He was just playing in a role and a system that didn't get the best out of him.

Conte can't make a player go from someone that can't pass to someone that can in a matter of weeks.

Davies has had this in him for a very long time. I'd argue it's been visible too, but we probably disagree on that.

He wasn’t weak, he could pass. He was just playing in a role and a system that didn't get the best out of him.
Why was his passing so bad then?
Simple really…. He is playing in a system now that eitjs for his abilities

He used to always pass the ball at knee height, horrible passes to receive. He seems to have cut that down under Conte.
Or he would someone’s just kick it off the pitch because he couldn’t bend his pass very well. He actually did one Wednesday just like that when he was playing LB

Why was his passing so bad then?
Simple really…. He is playing in a system now that eitjs for his abilities

Because he kept receiving the ball in worse situations and with fewer good passing options available to him.

Our buildup play was really bad, now it's better, so it's easier.

Because he kept receiving the ball in worse situations and with fewer good passing options available to him.

Our buildup play was really bad, now it's better, so it's easier.
No he really didn’t
He had time as teams didn’t press us. But he couldn’t pass outside for some weird reason

Ben (and to a certain extent most of our other defenders) is a victim of events beyond their control at times.
Remember, the lore that Napoleon used to say when presented with a candidate for generalship: "yes yes, he is qualified, but is he _lucky_?"
(though he probably said it in french, the bastard..)

Neither Davies, Dier or Sanchez would have made General under Napoleon... As for Romero, we'll have to wait and see.

Of course, true luck is created, generated, not something to be received passive. But it is rather striking how clearences, hoofs, kicks and panic punts all seems to gravitate towards certain persons bodies and into the net.. :)

Could not agree more, very underated by some fans.

What a fudging dreadful first half. Been a decent pro for us, but nowhere near good enough.
He wouldn't play for any team in the top half of the table.
Turning his back when they shoot, playing the ball straight into danger. Arrrrrghhjjhjjjhhjh

I hate this guy, think he is emblematic of the last few years.

Good pro ???

Cnut can't fcuking play football. People like to stay off Harry Redknapp but he would put together a team that can play football.

Davies is another championship player and an utter fcuking Cnut.

Back