• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

Yeah they won’t pay that
No one will force a Chinese company to pay the prem
And the club won’t be penalised because of it as it’s nothing to do with them

Not sure how it works especially after brexit. But can't the court order the seizure of assets?

Would be funny the premier league owning inter milan.

Also suning rely on credit from a lot of english and american banks. They don't pay this their credit rating goes through the floor.

The chinese government has shown with evergrande (and others) they don't care though.

Also suning rely on credit from a lot of english and american banks. They don't pay this their credit rating goes through the floor.

The chinese government has shown with evergrande (and others) they don't care though.
What English banks exist ? most are now owned in part by Asia and the UAE

Davies - Romero - Sanchez
Our best combo yet.

Gets the best out of the marauding Romero.

Still think Romero, Dier and Davies will be our best three. Our best ball playing centre backs and getting three of them on the pitch at the same time will make a difference I think.

Romero will be able to mauraud as much from the right as from the centre I think.

To be fair to Sanchez he's done very well while Romero has been out. Cut down on individual errors, passing has been better. Still a solid gap in quality on the ball from the other three though.

Davies - Romero - Sanchez
Our best combo yet.

Gets the best out of the marauding Romero.

I liked it but his aggression in charging out for the ball could be a little problematic occasionally as we saw when he slipped coming to intercept a pass to Maupay which meant they really should have scored. Its not a criticism of Romero who I absolutely love, more I think Dier in the central role makes more sense.

Also it is really unfortunate for Sanchez because he has been great this season and I'm really happy for him.

I liked it but his aggression in charging out for the ball could be a little problematic occasionally as we saw when he slipped coming to intercept a pass to Maupay which meant they really should have scored. Its not a criticism of Romero who I absolutely love, more I think Dier in the central role makes more sense.

Also it is really unfortunate for Sanchez because he has been great this season and I'm really happy for him.

I think the slip could have happened as the RCB with similar results. Though having him on the right means that there's a more natural covering player in the centre more of the time. So for me his aggression and front for defending is perhaps more suited to the RCB role in our system.

A central more aggressive CB with the two wider centre backs playing a more conservative role can also surely work, but I'm not sure that's the way to go for us as we often push the wing backs high up and want/need the wide centre backs to back that up.

Will be interesting to see what Conte goes for. Great to have options and something resembling competition at least.

That's where a new faster LCB would come in to help when Romero over shoots. Very offensive defence... Its very innovative.

Romero doesn't wait. Its so different to anything else we have. Only Lamela used to go hunting for the ball with that aggression. Bentancur seemed cut from a similar cloth from that little cameo we saw too. Will be interesting. I just want us to be nasty to play against

Romero doesn't wait. Its so different to anything else we have. Only Lamela used to go hunting for the ball with that aggression. Bentancur seemed cut from a similar cloth from that little cameo we saw too. Will be interesting. I just want us to be nasty to play against

Think Romero will definitely give you that. I love the guy but he's super-aggressive and I think he'll make mistakes. He's almost be like Hugo was when he first arrived and took sweeper-keeping to an extreme. I hope fans will be patient with him though coz he has the potential to be great for us.

Probably easier to curb Romero's aggressive instincts that to jack up a more passive player.

Definitely agree.

That aggression, good aggression takes a lot of different components to make it work. Reading the play, timing, physicality, tackling, agility, being in control as you do it most of the time.

Changing that is a question of changing decision making and pretty much only that. Not always easy, or even possible for some players, but it's pretty much changing one thing.

Jacking up a more passive player usually means working on all or at least several of those different components that go into aggression. That's going to be a lot harder.

Not sure how it works especially after brexit. But can't the court order the seizure of assets?

Would be funny the premier league owning inter milan.

I think seizing assets _in_ another country is pretty frowned upon in the current international climate.
Britain has a great deal of history of doing so, but i'm not sure you'd want to go back down that road! :)

I think the technical terms for it is "invasion" and "colonism".

I think seizing assets _in_ another country is pretty frowned upon in the current international climate.
Britain has a great deal of history of doing so, but i'm not sure you'd want to go back down that road! :)

I think the technical terms for it is "invasion" and "colonism".

Britain is an island. It’s not invaded anyone. And the only people who currently inhabit this island who invaded anyone did so to defeat nazi Germany.

If you have any integrity you must stop using the language and supporting the game of those dreadful colonists.

Britain is an island. It’s not invaded anyone. And the only people who currently inhabit this island who invaded anyone did so to defeat nazi Germany.

If you have any integrity you must stop using the language and supporting the game of those dreadful colonists.

Right... History started in 1900, did it?

Which countries did Britain invade?

Of the current 200 nations in the world, the British have invaded all but 22 of them. The lucky 22 include Sweden, Luxembourg, Mongolia, Bolivia, and Belarus. The full analysis is available in Stuart Layrooster's book, All the Countries We've Ever Invaded

https://kottke.org/12/11/britain-has-invaded-all-but-22-countries

For the record, I was making a joke! You might try it some time. Or perhaps you did? :)

Back