• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Also interesting to see he sees kulu as a rwb. Or at least can play there.
Looking at Kulusevski's attributes I did wonder if he was thinking about using him there. He is quite powerful, has good stamina, is good on the ball and creative. Has quite a fast top speed but isn't particularly quick off the mark, which is probably the only real thing he lacks that you would want from a wing back.

Looking at Kulusevski's attributes I did wonder if he was thinking about using him there. He is quite powerful, has good stamina, is good on the ball and creative. Has quite a fast top speed but isn't particularly quick off the mark, which is probably the only real thing he lacks that you would want from a wing back.

I posted the same too when we signed him. Much more of a footballer than Traore. Obviously not as quick, but potentially a better more sustainable option at wing back. Hard-working, dependable, and has some creativity, a decent shot etc

Will Conte convert Royal into a CB in a 3 a la Davis? Might make sense, with Doherty covering wing back.

To be honest with his comments he is having a dig at previous regimes and transfers but seems fully committed to the cause of buying right and buying well.

Seems invested in the club.
You wonder how much of a role he played in the departure of Hitchen if he is openly saying this now. Perhaps Levy is listening to Conte (even) more than we think. If so, that would be very promising.

You wonder how much of a role he played in the departure of Hitchen if he is openly saying this now. Perhaps Levy is listening to Conte (even) more than we think. If so, that would be very promising.

Possibly. Although hitchens role was diminished when paratici came in. He might have simply been offered a better position.

Question (if anyone can answer it).

At the beginning of the press conferences, spurs bloke says "usual rules apply including the 10:30 embargo".

Now the press conference is held in the afternoon (today). So the embargo has to be till either tonight or tomorrow morning.

We've already read articles and seen the vids. What if anything is held back?

Question (if anyone can answer it).

At the beginning of the press conferences, spurs bloke says "usual rules apply including the 10:30 embargo".

Now the press conference is held in the afternoon (today). So the embargo has to be till either tonight or tomorrow morning.

We've already read articles and seen the vids. What if anything is held back?

I think it's the non-TV media that has the 10.30pm embargo. So anything that's said in front of say Sky Sports cameras can be published immediately (obviously, as it's a live press conference) but if it's in the 'written media' conference, which is separate, that's embargoed. So if any different questions are asked there, they don't come out until later. As to why that is, I have no idea.
I recall hearing from I think Dan Kilpatrick that it is then practice for the journos to agree amongst themselves which items they release when.

I think it's the non-TV media that has the 10.30pm embargo. So anything that's said in front of say Sky Sports cameras can be published immediately (obviously, as it's a live press conference) but if it's in the 'written media' conference, which is separate, that's embargoed. So if any different questions are asked there, they don't come out until later. As to why that is, I have no idea.
I recall hearing from I think Dan Kilpatrick that it is then practice for the journos to agree amongst themselves which items they release when.

Cheers.

Yes saw at the end. "That's finished with the broadcast section, now the written." Then it cuts off.

Before anyone suggests he's complaining of the window. He isn't. He's saying we made a mistake buying some of the players we let go and we can't afford mistakes like that when buying players.
Honestly this is incredible.

I read that tweet as is and it came across as negative. Completely different meaning with context.

Just goes to show how Twitter can be used to generate a storm when there isn’t one.

Honestly this is incredible.

I read that tweet as is and it came across as negative. Completely different meaning with context.

Just goes to show how Twitter can be used to generate a storm when there isn’t one.

Especially as he says the squad is more complete now.

But he is 100%, we can't afford to make these mistakes on players. We don't have oil reserves to call on.

His best interview ever. The last couple he did seem a bit down.

“My first target, I repeat, is to try to create a foundation for this team and for this club. The results are later,” he said.

“If you don’t have a good foundation, if you don’t create a good structure, then we speak about nothing. You can only hope.

“In this moment we have to work a lot. Compared to the past, I think we are now a bit better because we are more complete as a squad but the path in front of us is long.

“And it’s important to understand this, that we want to start to go on this path… this is the most important thing for me.

“To speak about to win the league, if you ask me about the race for the Champions League, my ambition is to win league. Not to go to the Champions League.

“My ambition is to be competitive, to fight to win. At this moment I know very well that the situation is different.

“And we are working very hard to try to improve the situation, to reduce the gap and also … the mistakes of the past, to try to make good solutions. To continue to improve.

“But I repeat to win and [have] a place in the Champions League, you can dream this, yes. But then you have to prepare the situation, to have this target … not only to start the season and say, ‘Ok, I hope to win this, I hope to win this, I hope to win this.’

“But do you have the structure to do this? Yes, you are ready. Or not, we are not ready.”

“But we will do everything to reach the best result,” he added. “For sure, we will do everything, from now until the end of the season to reach the best result for Tottenham.

“Because I think the fans deserve this. To see a team in every game give 100 and more per cent, to try to win and give satisfaction to our fans.

“But it would be very important that we know we have a long path in front of us, it’s important to have enthusiasm, all the environment must have enthusiasm because it would be very important especially for me.

“Because if I see enthusiasm and want to stay together from the start until the end, then I’m ready to fight against everything and to bring Tottenham in the best position.

“To bring Tottenham where Tottenham deserves. It’s important to create and that there is the right atmosphere.

“I know very well that our fans can be disappointed for many reasons. But I can tell them that we are working very hard to try to build a good future.

“My first target, I repeat, is to try to create a foundation for this team and for this club. The results are later,” he said.

“If you don’t have a good foundation, if you don’t create a good structure, then we speak about nothing. You can only hope.

“In this moment we have to work a lot. Compared to the past, I think we are now a bit better because we are more complete as a squad but the path in front of us is long.

“And it’s important to understand this, that we want to start to go on this path… this is the most important thing for me.

“To speak about to win the league, if you ask me about the race for the Champions League, my ambition is to win league. Not to go to the Champions League.

“My ambition is to be competitive, to fight to win. At this moment I know very well that the situation is different.

“And we are working very hard to try to improve the situation, to reduce the gap and also … the mistakes of the past, to try to make good solutions. To continue to improve.

“But I repeat to win and [have] a place in the Champions League, you can dream this, yes. But then you have to prepare the situation, to have this target … not only to start the season and say, ‘Ok, I hope to win this, I hope to win this, I hope to win this.’

“But do you have the structure to do this? Yes, you are ready. Or not, we are not ready.”

“But we will do everything to reach the best result,” he added. “For sure, we will do everything, from now until the end of the season to reach the best result for Tottenham.

“Because I think the fans deserve this. To see a team in every game give 100 and more per cent, to try to win and give satisfaction to our fans.

“But it would be very important that we know we have a long path in front of us, it’s important to have enthusiasm, all the environment must have enthusiasm because it would be very important especially for me.

“Because if I see enthusiasm and want to stay together from the start until the end, then I’m ready to fight against everything and to bring Tottenham in the best position.

“To bring Tottenham where Tottenham deserves. It’s important to create and that there is the right atmosphere.

“I know very well that our fans can be disappointed for many reasons. But I can tell them that we are working very hard to try to build a good future.

He means business. We’re in good hands.

...sounds like he is leaving :-(

Back