• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs Brighton OMT

lurker of old

Wilson Palacios
Place: World's best stadium, N17, where else
Time: Saturday 5 February 2022, 8.00
Right then, time for the mighty Spurs to get back to winning ways with a statement performance. Been far, far too long since we lifted this Cup, maybe Conte is the man to achieve it. Will be in the South stand but not in my usual seat...could be an omen.
Likely line up:
Lloris
Emerson Royal
Sanchez
Romero
Dier
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Moura (sub Kulusevski, 83)
Son
Kane

I love the cup but I'll not be going to this game. I'm fed up with football taking the tinkle out of supporters who go to games. 8pm on a Saturday is not on for me, not even on a proper tv channel, ITV4 along with repeats of The Sweeney and Minder.

Throw it. Our squad is too small, too many rescheduled games coming up, and we'd only lose in the semis anyway. Start Gollini, Doherty and Rodon, and job is done

Difficult to guess at a starting lineup with some players returning from internationals and two new signings just arriving.

I'm guessing both the new lads on the bench. Romero back I hope, would assume in place of Sanchez. Otherwise the usual suspects.

Will be a tough game, Brighton are a good team and good at what might make us look poor, pressing, controlling possession. Wouldn't be surprised if we spend quite a lot of the game counter attacking, if we're able to launch those counter attacks well could be the difference between a good game and poor game for us.

Agree 100%, given our dearth of silverware in the last 30 years, I'd gladly take the FA cup over 4th. Less lucrative but vital to help create a winning mentality in future cups.

I wish the F.A cup still had the same vibe as the 90’s (using this example as this is the era i started watching football as a youngster).

F.A cup weekend used to be a celebration, not so much where i lived but i loved watching the build up on the t.v, seeing all the different towns decorate their houses in home colours and it looking all most like a festival / carnival day. I’m sure some places still do it but it seems few and far between and just doesn’t have the same feel as it used to. It seems the F.A cup is not much better than the league cup these days which is a real shame.

I hope we take it seriously and try to win it.

I wish the F.A cup still had the same vibe as the 90’s (using this example as this is the era i started watching football as a youngster).

F.A cup weekend used to be a celebration, not so much where i lived but i loved watching the build up on the t.v, seeing all the different towns decorate their houses in home colours and it looking all most like a festival / carnival day. I’m sure some places still do it but it seems few and far between and just doesn’t have the same feel as it used to. It seems the F.A cup is not much better than the league cup these days which is a real shame.

I hope we take it seriously and try to win it.
My first (and rather sexy memory) of the FA cup final was 87. Amazing when you look back at the coverage and the atmosphere for the celeb
Kickabout!

http://that1980ssportsblog.blogspot.com/2021/05/fa-cup-final-day.html

Greavsie on comms :)

Agree 100%, given our dearth of silverware in the last 30 years, I'd gladly take the FA cup over 4th. Less lucrative but vital to help create a winning mentality in future cups.

I don't know - I'd absolutely love to see us win the FA Cup again, but with a critical transfer window looming in the summer, securing that 4th spot could really make the difference as to who we are able to attract, especially if this is the window where we look for the Kane replacement. I don't think we should just treat it as irrelevant but, from a player rotation perspective, CL next season has to be the priority, more so as it is within our grasp.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Emerson Skipp Hojbjerg Reguilon
Moura Kane Son

Subs: Gollini, Sanchez, Tanganga, Winks, Sessegnon, Doherty, Bentancur, Bergwijn, Kulusevski,

What I expect Conte will name. Although I hope he doesn't continue to try his best to change the shape to accomodate out of form Tangangs again lol

Davies could do with a rest if we can find someone to play in his position, has played a lot of games. Maybe a game Rodon can come in for?

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Emerson Skipp Hojbjerg Reguilon
Moura Kane Son

Subs: Gollini, Sanchez, Tanganga, Winks, Sessegnon, Doherty, Bentancur, Bergwijn, Kulusevski,

What I expect Conte will name. Although I hope he doesn't continue to try his best to change the shape to accomodate out of form Tangangs again lol
Think Bentancur may be work permit-tied?

I don't know - I'd absolutely love to see us win the FA Cup again, but with a critical transfer window looming in the summer, securing that 4th spot could really make the difference as to who we are able to attract, especially if this is the window where we look for the Kane replacement. I don't think we should just treat it as irrelevant but, from a player rotation perspective, CL next season has to be the priority, more so as it is within our grasp.

We have to prioritise winning a trophy rather than chasing this dream of Champions league football which for the most part isn’t all that.

Interesting to see if Romero and Son start after periods out injured.

Both had hamstring issues I believe? Big games coming up on Wednesday and Sunday, so we may see some rotation this week with 3 games in 8 days

COYS

I love the cup but I'll not be going to this game. I'm fed up with football taking the tinkle out of supporters who go to games. 8pm on a Saturday is not on for me, not even on a proper tv channel, ITV4 along with repeats of The Sweeney and Minder.
Are you as aggrieved at midweek games that also ko at 8ish?

Back