• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

The reactions to Spurs/Paratici's transfer dealings from some mainstream media are amusing.

The Guardian, which clearly does not approve of 'Spores' had their dull Irish copy boy, Barry Geldedning, write a snarky piece that included this line; 'It’s reassuring to see Spurs floundering in the morass of the transfer market...'.

The Goonergraph was noted a page back for that sour summation of Spurs staff departures, says 'Tottenham upheaval continues'.

The Daily Melee, who generally have noted Arsenal (Mokbel) and West Ham (Samuel) fans write Spurs articles say Paratici has "dithered" and that his signings have "backfired".

None go into any detail about cleaning house of deadwood or the potential upside of the duo acquired from Juventus. None tout Spurs chances for a top four finish. It's all just pi55y misery that truly reads like it came from those grateful for leaks and tips provided by Hitchen or departing staff. I'd say that tells us Paratici has done a good job.

Serie A observer Gab Marcotti at ESPN was quite positive about our incomings and how it boosts chances for a top four finish and he's rarely upbeat about Spurs.
As someone who has been a little critical I still don’t see how our activity can be compared negatively to Goons or United, and I was surprised West Ham didn’t manage to entice someone with their stock at an all time high. I’d say real the rest of the league are difficult to be compared against to due to different priorities and constraints.
Always good to be under estimated though and any judgement including mine is too early on the last summer window let alone the one that has just passed.

Last edited:
I think the key is a CF and Kane. The arse are of course on the hunt too, as will a host of elite clubs. Quality CFs are snapped up. Everything gets a lot easier if we get top 4. Maybe Kane will extend his contract. And we'll be able to attract better players. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally signed Dybala on a free. But he'll be 29 later this year...

Did Paratici say "person first, player second" in that interview about the January window? I think he means motivation and hunger first, and as long as the technical skills are there, we will be in for him. Hopefully no more lazy so and so's........
Yep pretty much said the motivation and desire has to be the main priority then whether or not he can do what the coach ask of him there after. Sounds like the mentality is what they are trying to change.

Paratici interview.

Do spurs vet the comments on their YouTube channel? There's litelly zero negatives on there and we all know there's always some dissenters.

For my part, the guy seems calm, collected, and to have a plan. The only time the crown has slipped its been a perceived slip speculated upon by the press, and I love to think that Paratici and Co encourage disinformation.

Take Traore for example, the quotes in the press from "insiders" were always nigh on identically worded, and cited that we were looking to take an underperforming forward and convert him into a wing back. Even the likes of Clinton Morrison was spouting it verbatim on 5Live, so everyone read it, spread it and took the bate. Traore was a terrible fit for what Spurs needed, which is end product from our forwards and top level defending from our defenders - he's incapable of either of those things.

I think we wanted Diaz, with Kulu as back up, but I seriously don't think we wanted Traore.

Do spurs vet the comments on their YouTube channel? There's litelly zero negatives on there and we all know there's always some dissenters.

For my part, the guy seems calm, collected, and to have a plan. The only time the crown has slipped its been a perceived slip speculated upon by the press, and I love to think that Paratici and Co encourage disinformation.

Take Traore for example, the quotes in the press from "insiders" were always nigh on identically worded, and cited that we were looking to take an underperforming forward and convert him into a wing back. Even the likes of Clinton Morrison was spouting it verbatim on 5Live, so everyone read it, spread it and took the bate. Traore was a terrible fit for what Spurs needed, which is end product from our forwards and top level defending from our defenders - he's incapable of either of those things.

I think we wanted Diaz, with Kulu as back up, but I seriously don't think we wanted Traore.

Think there was a bit of interest but not first choice. Paratici is meant to have a few players on the go for each position needing to be filled at a time. We put in a low bid to sound out how much wolves were willing to sell for. Obviously when barca came in he only had eyes for them. So we moved on.

Well of course. But it would be no fun to appraise along the way.

Like I say I think the Emerson signing doesn’t look a good one, but prepared to give the benefit of the doubt if he has the attributes Nuno requested and also more time under Conte to adjust to a new league, team and style of play.
The young talents, one cost quite a lot of money and has been loaned out to Spain. I actually liked the look of him technically but I’m not sure where he fits into our team. With Sarr, there’s every reason to be positive given the effort we have made to sign and loan back but it’s a neutral until we see him play for us.
I’m really trying not to be half empty, just noting there’s been a couple of missteps (which have been corrected reasonably promptly but will have a cost) but the next time for review will be at the end of the season regarding the impact January manoeuvres have had, then the summer to see if the dead wood is really cleared and allows us to then strengthen.

I’m a Spurs fan, I have to caveat my optimism with fear!!

Appraising along the way is part of the fun, but I think there should be the long term caveat.

For Gil and Sarr in particular I think the answer will be 2-3 years down the line.

I'm utterly positive about the Royal signing, even though I don't think he's a great wing back. For what we needed at the time he was a very good signing.

I rate Romero very highly, make take a bit of time, but he's already shown himself to be a good addition to the squad at the very very least.

Kulusevski and Bentancur are both expected now to make a fairly quick impact I think. They should be given some time, but the players signed at least in part for the short term, that's where Paratici will be judged the most harshly I think, and perhaps rightly so.

The reactions to Spurs/Paratici's transfer dealings from some mainstream media are amusing.

The Guardian, which clearly does not approve of 'Spores' had their dull Irish copy boy, Barry Geldedning, write a snarky piece that included this line; 'It’s reassuring to see Spurs floundering in the morass of the transfer market...'.

The Goonergraph was noted a page back for that sour summation of Spurs staff departures, says 'Tottenham upheaval continues'.

The Daily Melee, who generally have noted Arsenal (Mokbel) and West Ham (Samuel) fans write Spurs articles say Paratici has "dithered" and that his signings have "backfired".

None go into any detail about cleaning house of deadwood or the potential upside of the duo acquired from Juventus. None tout Spurs chances for a top four finish. It's all just pi55y misery that truly reads like it came from those grateful for leaks and tips provided by Hitchen or departing staff. I'd say that tells us Paratici has done a good job.

Serie A observer Gab Marcotti at ESPN was quite positive about our incomings and how it boosts chances for a top four finish and he's rarely upbeat about Spurs.

The narrative is still that we're struggling.

For a lot of the media it's quite simple, currently getting good or better than expected results, write about all that's being done well until results turn. Currently not good enough results, it's all bleak.

Any nuance, signs of things turning this way or the other, good work that's yet to turn into results, poor work that hasn't yet been punished, forget about it. Knowledge about players, tactics, systems of play, don't even go near it.

I guess it's what gets clicks, sells papers, path of least resistance. It's mostly meaningless nonsense.

Did Paratici say "person first, player second" in that interview about the January window? I think he means motivation and hunger first, and as long as the technical skills are there, we will be in for him. Hopefully no more lazy so and so's........

Yep pretty much said the motivation and desire has to be the main priority then whether or not he can do what the coach ask of him there after. Sounds like the mentality is what they are trying to change.

Absolutely. Looking at Royal and Romero (first team signings in the summer), both seem to have a good attitude. Not just motivation and hunger, but also confidence and determination. Willing to make mistakes, shoulder that burden, move on if it doesn't work out.

Hopefully Bentancur and Kulusevski will show similar attitudes.

Appraising along the way is part of the fun, but I think there should be the long term caveat.

For Gil and Sarr in particular I think the answer will be 2-3 years down the line.

I'm utterly positive about the Royal signing, even though I don't think he's a great wing back. For what we needed at the time he was a very good signing.

I rate Romero very highly, make take a bit of time, but he's already shown himself to be a good addition to the squad at the very very least.

Kulusevski and Bentancur are both expected now to make a fairly quick impact I think. They should be given some time, but the players signed at least in part for the short term, that's where Paratici will be judged the most harshly I think, and perhaps rightly so.
Good to see the vid and have him explain the motivation behind the activity.

I have to say I still don’t see it with Emerson, but it’s early days and happy to be proven wrong. Lots of opportunity to do so, new coach, a pre season to come and the general improvement of the team and using a set formation will all help I’m sure. I actually have regained some optimism for Doherty for similar reasons.

Romero without doubt looks the real deal - Paratici even mentioned it as a success over other clubs and for the life of me I can’t understand why he chose us over a CL team pre Conte!
I have caveated that it will take time to judge, but by the same token the position we are in doesn’t allow for too much of our transfer spend to be on prospects who might come good in 2-3 years time.

I’m excited to see what the Juve lads bring and will think we’ve made the right preparatory moves to enable us to make some good ones in the summer. Peer to peer I think we’ve had a good window, I guess I’m caveating hope with fear whilst you are doing the opposite!

I'm surprised at the narrative on Royal and Romero.

Royal looks a solid and reliable player to me, Romero has been erratic and over zealous in his (admittedly) limited appearances. I want my defenders to be boring.

Emerson is not a defender. At least, he isn't supposed to be. As a wingback in this system, he's supposed to basically be a winger who happens to track back regularly.

Conte's history of converting wingers into wing-backs (Moses, Perisic et al) shows what he wants.

Emerson can't fulfill the attacking needs of the team yet. He's clumsy on the ball and a bit hit-and-miss in terms of his decision-making in attacking areas, which isn't good for a player who gets the ball to feet more than almost any other in the attacking third as a consequence of our system.

Hence the logic on him, imo.

Back