• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

So while we’re bidding a way under release clause making out that we’re trying to sign a player, not in a priority position, for about this amount of money…. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are signing a very, very good player who does play in a priority position for us for that same amount of money. Way to go Spurs!

How long does everyone give it before we finish behind Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the PL? 2 seasons after this one? Or even less?

To be honest I find the whole link to Diaz a strange one. We don’t seem flush with transfer cash and yet are (apparently) offering £38m plus bonuses for a left wing forward when we already have a good first choice and at least one decent backup player?

Last edited:
I love it too, what’s the podcast called?
Perfect Organism, rather perfectly - it’s a little ropey at the start but they hit their stride around Covenant release when Patrick joins. I love it so very much and the franchise itself, except Resurrection, AVP and, for the most part, the prequels. They have a Blade Runner one and film / film score review shows for patrons.

Anyway, enough of that before I get told off by mods, on with the (Spurs) show!

Perfect Organism, rather perfectly - it’s a little ropey at the start but they hit their stride around Covenant release when Patrick joins. I love it so very much and the franchise itself, except Resurrection, AVP and, for the most part, the prequels. They have a Blade Runner one and film / film score review shows for patrons.

Anyway, enough of that before I get told off by mods, on with the (Spurs) show!

Nice, thanks, I'll give it a listen.

I like all of them, I think Resurrection is good fun, and the Xeno sacrifice was a really clever bit of lore.

Edit: 180 episodes in, it'll take me a while to catch up.

I find myself just not interested in the drama of the transfer window. Just close it already and let's take stock when it's closed. I have a mate who's texting me every supposed little twist and turn of every supposed deal - and what's the bloody point. Let's just see who we've got when it's closed.

I find myself just not interested in the drama of the transfer window. Just close it already and let's take stock when it's closed. I have a mate who's texting me every supposed little twist and turn of every supposed deal - and what's the bloody point. Let's just see who we've got when it's closed.

Agreed...but a lot of deals are speculated about before they happen. Therefore my guess is that on Monday evening we have Amrabat in, Ndombele out on loan and thats it

So, I see our brilliant strategy of doing absolutely nothing for the past month and boldly springing into action in the final days is doing splendidly, as it always has done for the past 20 years?

Someone once said that the definition of madness was doing the same thing over and over again, expecting things to change. That person has either never met Daniel Levy, or knows him on a deep and personal level.

But, carry on - looking forward to see how this circus evolves further. Still four days left, after all! :p

Also, if Liverpool get Diaz, strike one more off the list of clubs that aren't paralyzed by this 'very difficult window' stuff that paralyzes us.

L̶i̶v̶e̶r̶p̶o̶o̶l̶.̶ ̶N̶e̶w̶c̶a̶s̶t̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶s̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶i̶l̶l̶a̶.̶ ̶J̶u̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶s̶.̶

Growing, motley list of clubs, I have to say. :p

So, I see our brilliant strategy of doing absolutely nothing for the past month and boldly springing into action in the final days is doing splendidly, as it always has done for the past 20 years?

Someone once said that the definition of madness was doing the same thing over and over again, expecting things to change. That person has either never met Daniel Levy, or knows him on a deep and personal level.

But, carry on - looking forward to see how this circus evolves further. Still four days left, after all! :p

I'm sure we haven't been doing nothing...but agree with the sentiment!

Nice, thanks, I'll give it a listen.

I like all of them, I think Resurrection is good fun, and the Xeno sacrifice was a really clever bit of lore.

Edit: 180 episodes in, it'll take me a while to catch up.
As I say, skip to episode 59 and you won’t have missed much. It just gets better and better from then on in.

I'm non plussed. I expect no serious additions and i'm really only hoping for some of the dead wood to be culled. Under ENIC I don't see the point in following every twist and turn, I just wait until the end of window and then take stock. This way there is no disappointment because I didn't really expect anything in the first place. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The transfer window really brings out the worst in people

ahhh its all rather deflating isn't it. Best to switch off for a while. Take care of yourselves and your mental health... It's just football, and we will always love our club no matter what. COYS

The mental health point is a good one. Its sad to say it but I've been teaching myself to care less about the fortunes of THFC - easy to get distracted from other things in life and things which you actually have some control over, rather than something which you have zero control over. I know others on here have said similarly, and remember @markysimmo saying so. From Spurs, having fans emotionally and mentally detach themselves isn't great given it will naturally reduce people turning up at games, buying merchandise etc

Back