• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luis Diaz

I thought very similar yesterday. Then I thought a bit more about it and came up with the following:

We’ve all moaned about quality depth. Even if he plays in Son’s best position, there will be enough minutes for him and Son on the left and right and also for Son to cover Kane so he can have a rest when needed.

The bottom line is we can’t complain about a lack of forward threat one minute, then when a potentially class player who knows where the goal is becomes available, question why we are interested.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d like a left footed version of Son or Diaz to play the opposite wing but Son is still a 15 goal player from the right.

Could be fluid. Swap during the game.

We used to do it under redknapp. We can do it under conte.

I thought very similar yesterday. Then I thought a bit more about it and came up with the following:

We’ve all moaned about quality depth. Even if he plays in Son’s best position, there will be enough minutes for him and Son on the left and right and also for Son to cover Kane so he can have a rest when needed.

The bottom line is we can’t complain about a lack of forward threat one minute, then when a potentially class player who knows where the goal is becomes available, question why we are interested.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d like a left footed version of Son or Diaz to play the opposite wing but Son is still a 15 goal player from the right.

Point well made

Indeed he shamefully accepted your opinion that he was just no good at getting the job done....so recruited a top European sporting director in to do the job better ...but I'm sure you'll agree (or at least say at some point) is just a glove puppet and ultimately a fall guy.
I'm glad he did realise that the transfer market was not a strong point. I'm not do rabidly anti Levy whereby I think he can do nothing correctly. I'm just not blinded by some misplaced form of tribal football loyalty that makes me have to see things as positively was possible at all times. I'll call a spade a spade, if he does well he gets the plaudits, if he does poorly he'll get the scorn and that's how it should be.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Think us bidding has forced Liverpool to move on a target they looked at last Summer. He was never coming to us.

We are wasting a window chasing non starters by the look of it .

Rumours doing the rounds we are close. Valuations just £4m apart....this is Levy, might as well be £40m apart. Going to Lowball again and just miss out

Get a grip man.

@paxtonwolf looking pretty much spot on according to this morning’s reports.

3 days left. So much for getting our business done early; that’s for the likes of Aston Villa.

We know Liverpool have been after him for a while, I am not suggesting we pay what they want fully, but why did we go in with such a low offer when speed was needed to get it over the line.
Speed wouldn’t of made any difference whatsoever. The player would have known of Liverpool’s interest, he was never going to sign for us without checking whether Liverpool were going to come back in for him and clearly they were always going to as he has been on their radar for a while….

Speed wouldn’t of made any difference whatsoever. The player would have known of Liverpool’s interest, he was never going to sign for us without checking whether Liverpool were going to come back in for him and clearly they were always going to as he has been on their radar for a while….

If you and others on here can work that out it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that Paratici and our transfers team were putting time and energy into it.

Think us bidding has forced Liverpool to move on a target they looked at last Summer. He was never coming to us.

We are wasting a window chasing non starters by the look of it .

Yeah they had plans for this coming summer that have been brought forward by the looks of it.

I do wonder about this window. There’s only a finite amount of players. An even smaller pool still that are available to move. Then we’ve got to hope they are good, but just not quite good enough to warrant interest from the Prem traditional big 4. Then we have to hope Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren’t interested with large wages.

Just how many players fit that criteria? Feels like it’s a very tiny pool of players that are very good, available, and not wanted by the Big 4.

And I wonder if that’s how we ended up with Tanguy and Lo Celso? The big 4 took a look and said no thanks.

Maybe we need to change our strategy to start looking at the exciting youth on offer that the big 4 can’t attract as they can’t offer game time.

I know some say buy cheap, buy twice but since Son we’ve bought expensive, and bought a few times over.

You can certainly afford to have a few pops if you’re picking up the likes of Olise for 8m and Twine for 5-10m. Olise in particular was clearly underpriced, hence the clause being activated.

Just got to hope Paratici can be nimble and manoeuvre between different targets/strategies depending on supply.

If you and others on here can work that out it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that Paratici and our transfers team were putting time and energy into it.

Let’s be real - we’ve probably just asked a question as it’s getting late in the window and we know he’s available. Social media turns it into a big story and now it looks like we’ve been after him for a while and been gazumped. His name only came to light a few days ago.

Firstly I don’t see an issue with trying for a top player if he is considered available, people complain when we go for ‘budget’ options so no harm seeing if we can do the deal.

As for time and energy, how much time does it take to submit a bid? Do you think Paratici has just been twiddling his thumbs since? It’s well known he works on many deals at one time. The only real time and energy is people spending hour after hour reading about the same rumour on Twitter…..

Don’t think this matters. He was a Liverpool target for a while. I’m more worried we are chasing non goers to start with. Think he would have gone there next Summer and us chasing him has forced Liverpool to move this window.
I agree. He was never coming to us, Liverpool were always favourites. We tried to be opportunistic by going for him this window. We bid first and had our offer accepted then Liverpool 'matched' it. Both 60m euros but our offer is actually better as it has more upfront cash whereas Liverpool's is heavier on the add-ons.

Back